[Translation] Dialog-Translation Multilanguage

Dialog-Translation Multilanguage (Not fully done yet)

Patchnotes 7th April 2014

German Strings: Works now with 3 of 5 used Namecalls.

Frensh Strings: Got reworked with the new Translation Table (Bug fix) and works now with 3 of 5 used Namecalls.

English Strings: New language Support! Works with 3 of 5 used Namecalls. 

What's going on here? O.o

[spoiler]I'm working on an dialog extractor tool and it's at 99% done.[/spoiler]

So what do you want to do with that dialog extractor tool?

[spoiler]As the name already tells you... I gonne extract the dialogs of Pokemon Firered.[/spoiler]

Well that's nice. But what are you doing here right now? I mean... just talking about it?

[spoiler]No, I'm not just talking. I'll post here every bit of dialog I extracted.[/spoiler]

And how do I use those dialogs?
[spoiler]It's pretty easy. You just need to copy/paste it into the string-file you use. Located at ...\pokemmo\data\strings\... Just paste it to the second last line. So a line before the script-closing </strings>[/spoiler]

Wow. It's that easy? So where are these dialogs now? Gimme gimme, I want them!
[spoiler]Scroll down a bit and look for your language.[/spoiler]

Can I see a screenshot to see if it's really true?
[spoiler]Yes you can. Click this LINK and htere are screenshots for every language.[/spoiler]

VERY IMPORTAN NOTE! 
If you wanna use the Data I worked on (like dialog's etc) on your own Patch - you are welcome to do so as long as you give me credits for my work! I don't have a problem if you use my work but at least don't act like you did the work! I spent more then a whole day (I talk about more then 24 hours of work) on this. Show some respect!

Date: 28.03.2014 7.38 pm CET

IMPORTANT NOTES!!!

[spoiler]

1. The dialogs aren't translated to 100% right now. There are some dialogs I needed to delete because they got some script inside them. So that Pokemmo couldn't load the string-file. There are also some other dialogs not translated yet but will be very soon.

2. There are still 2 sorts of Namecalls left in the scripts. Rival and Player! As 3 of 5 Namecalls are working now!

3. The user RightKill tested the german translation and mentioned that there is a wrong dialog. So it might be that there are more wrong dialogs. The dialog he found was while he wanted to cut a tree. If you run into dialogs without any sense for your current situation, just swap back to the normal string-file.xml. So if you use the normal english string-file.xml just copy it and edit the "en" in the first lines to "en+dialogs" or something and paste the translated strings into it. That way you can always swap between english strings and the translated strings.
[/spoiler]

Translations

[spoiler]

All Translations!

Yandex Disk Folder

English (Updated 7th April 2014)

German (Updated 7th April 2014)

Spanish

French (Updated 7th April 2014)

[/spoiler]

More coming soon!

It would be nice if you could tell me which languages are not listed yet. I don't even know how many versions of Pokemon Firered are out there and I'd be happy if you just tell me the different languages. Thanks.

P.S. At the moment I can't extract the BR Dialogs because the script of the game was changed in a way that made my tool not working on it. But I'll try to get it working.

Patchnotes 21th Nov 2013

Dialogs: Updated from ~3100 to ~4200

Screenshots: I added a spoiler for Screenshots. Follow the Link to one of my Yandex.Disk Folders. There are Screens inside.

Other Notes: Fixed the translation table. The character ö was changed to ü after other characters were changed into ö's. So the translation wasn't 100% right. Now everything should be fine.

Spanish, German & French are working again!

• 2 weeks later...

I wirte my problem in German, my English is very Bad...

Ich habe die German String datei in den Ordner "\pokemmo\data\strings\" Kopiert, allerdings lässt sie sich im Spiel unter Settings nicht ändern. Ich kann nur "en" auswählen und das wars.

Du musst das in die vorhandene en Datei einfügen (You have to paste it in the en-file)

I found a bug, when i try to cut the tree,but i dont have a pokemon with "cut" a wrong dialog starts: "Ich erkläre dir wie der GBA konnex Club funktioniert[..]" the dialog ends, and i can't cut the tree...

If I have a pokemon with cut, the normal dialog starts, but after the question(wanna cut the tree) a wrong dialog starts.

Du musst das in die vorhandene en Datei einfügen (You have to paste it in the en-file)

I found a bug, when i try to cut the tree,but i dont have a pokemon with "cut" a wrong dialog starts: "Ich erkläre dir wie der GBA konnex Club funktioniert[..]" the dialog ends, and i can't cut the tree...

If I have a pokemon with cut, the normal dialog starts, but after the question(wanna cut the tree) a wrong dialog starts.

Thx for that information. Gonna check it in the next few days. But gonna edit the first post with a new note for problems like that.

EDIT:

Found the problem. The german rom got 4 string-finished bytes more between the dialogs then the english rom. That swaps 1/4 of the dialogs. Not that much of a big deal but can be annoying. I gonna try to make a work around for this to get everything to work.

Patchnotes 3rd Dec 2013

German Strings: The problem RightKill mentioned should be fixed now. 

Tomorrow I gonna check the spanish and the french version too. It's 10.18 pm in germany and I'm a bit tired. ^^

Patchnotes 3rd Dec 2013

German Strings: The problem RightKill mentioned should be fixed now. 

Tomorrow I gonna check the spanish and the french version too. It's 10.18 pm in germany and I'm a bit tired. ^^

Is the updatet Version already uploaded? I hope not, coz if I cut a tree it says "Hallo, ich bin Teale möchtest du mich etwas über die Verbindung fragen?"

This is going to be useledd in a while. They're going to release an update that adds more to the string filed.

Why useledd? just add the new string to the old, and translate it.. hafl job finished...

This is going to be useledd in a while. They're going to release an update that adds more to the string filed.

I guess you don't get what did here.

They just add more stuff you can edit with the string file. They don't need to add those strings anymore, because they are there already. They (the english translation strings) are just not inside of the string file because the script of pokemmo got them already inside. Why feeding a script with the same data twice?

So I just used those already existing string codes and got the translation out of the roms. 

The team of pokemmo will probably NOT get all strings out of every pokemon fire red version for us because it's a lot of work.

P.s. Sorry that I didn't check the spanish and frence version yet. RL kept me busy a lot in the last few days. I guess I gonna check them this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent work. Now turn to some bugs I've seen watching the file in spanish:

'í' is extracting as 'y'
'Í' is extracting as 'S'

If you give me permission, I would like to introduce this work in the future in my spanish translation. I translated it the rom manually but this way is better because there is limited space.

Got my Script done so far. Now I'll just need to feed it with some data and tidy up the created string-file afterwards. Gonna aim to finish this update next weekend. Working on some otherstuff this weekend. (like a 100% Achievement Guide for FFVIII).

Very nice, works fine for me but i found a problem which makes it hard to find out what people are talking. (Sorry for my bad english, im german ^^)

english:

So if a npc want to trade a pokemon he say´s ill give u namecall_a for bla bla, same thing when i pick up items or an npc talks about items.

german:

Wenn ein Computer (NPC) ein Pokemon tauschen möchte steht im Text z.B ich bin auf der Suche nach "Namecall_a" und so ähnliche Dinge. Das gleiche passiert wenn ich ein Item aufhebe dann steht da "Namecall_A" gefunden. Die Buchstaben am Ende sind manchmal unterschiedlich, manchmal ist ein A am Ende manchmal aber auch ein C oder ein anderer Buchstabe. Das macht es schwer herauszufinden welches Pokemon gesucht wird oder welches Item ich geschenkt bekomme wenn ich so und so viele Pokemon gefangen habe. Wäre nett wenn mir jemand sagen könnte wie ich das gelöst bekomme (Wenn das nur bei mir so ist) oder wenn man das fixxen könnte :)

Hier noch ein Screen davon:

screenshot_1390759122dmbkg.png

screenshot_139075958055b08.png