.What is life.

Kiono

So I will first off by saying I am old enough to remember when the first pokemon games were released on gameboy. I have played all the way through the original red/blue/yellowpikachu up untol black/white.

I am frustrated with the newer generations. Therefore this MMO pleases the purist in me.

I have tried pokemon MMO's before, this seems most legit.

I started with a charmander and I really hope to get my usual favorites. Psychic/Ghost comps are my favorite.

Any tips will be helpful. I logged on and I am bombarded by trades. So people basically sell pokemon for game currency? Why?

Also I'm a little thrown off by the EV/IV system, but I guess I will learn as I trudge through the game.

And whats up with all the random trade requests I get?

Anyway, you'll find out that the cost of most items like Pokeballs ect is higher than the actual games, and the money you get after defeating a trainer is lower, so it's more difficoult the get money here. For the people who randomly trades you, that always happens, just people trying to get something good for their shit, don't let it bother you much and just refuse. If you can't stand it just switch channel, usually Ch7 / Ch8 are more quiet and with less people, so you won't get lots of random trades request

I would really like to be able to explain you what iv's and ev's are,but i'm afraid my english isn't good enough to do so.

You probably know it already,but you can find anything you need by typing bulbapedia on google.

It's quite simple,considering i managed to understand those things myself.

Okay. Should I just concentrate on the entire game playthrough before getting involved with the mmo extras?

Not at all,you'd better learn those things immediately,or you'll have to rework on your evs later in the game.

Trust me,learn what natures,iv's and ev's are,you might end up with a weak team when it's too late.

*Sorry for the double post

Okay. Should I just concentrate on the entire game playthrough before getting involved with the mmo extras?

Well, tbh it doesnt take very long to complete the playthrough, (you can even solo it with 1 pokemon easily), so just don't worry about none of the competitive shit until your done.

And hi

^ yep, just go through pokemon with your playthrough team, worry about teaming up and all the other goodies later. Anyway, you can also go into your settings and block incoming trade requests because people will do that a lot (especially in viridian)

^ agree with toira just play through the story.  best part about an mmo and pokemon, is that the game never ends, once u beat the actual games, your story has just began!

i also am available to help with ev/iv or anything else   message me on here or in game (ign mauru) if u haveany questions, but most of all just enjoy the game!

Another tip is to not use the TMs you get in game (like earthquake and psychic) on your run through team because when you finish and want to make a competitive team you will need them. Same goes for the one off evolution items like dragon scale and metal coat that you only get one of in the storyline.
Also welcome :)