[Denied] Breeding virus as a money sink.

fite

Since the font size and colour (as well as the suggestion itself) tells me you're not serious I'm not going to say much other than this isn't a money sink unless it has a very real chance of affecting every player in game at some point in their play time and will affect dedicated players more than once. Having said that if it's the case then it would be pretty discouraging and legitimately the opposite of an enjoyable or tolerable game mechanic. For most players this would amount to disregarding the said Pokemon as opposed to using an antidote, I don't think this is viable in any situation imaginable. 

I don't think I am telling you anything you didn't already know...

If this was suppose to be funny, I didn't laugh. 

[spoiler]Sorry for being harsh/serious but I'd rather be honest than not. [/spoiler]

Since the font size and colour (as well as the suggestion itself) tells me you're not serious I'm not going to say much other than this isn't a money sink unless it has a very real chance of affecting every player in game at some point in their play time and will affect dedicated players more than once. Having said that if it's the case then it would be pretty discouraging and legitimately the opposite of an enjoyable or tolerable game mechanic. For most players this would amount to disregarding the said Pokemon as opposed to using an antidote, I don't think this is viable in any situation imaginable. 

I don't think I am telling you anything you didn't already know...

If this was suppose to be funny, I didn't laugh. 

[spoiler]Sorry for being harsh/serious but I'd rather be honest than not. [/spoiler]

im fairly sure they wouldnt disregard a pokemon with Competitive IVs, nature, ability and just use another :|

last i checked people use comps to breed with to get better comps..... so ya if my comp caught the pokeclap  i would surely get him some help

I DONT CARE IF YOU DIDNT LAUGH this was a extremely serious post

but thanks for the input

Erroneous. The best money sink would be a PokeWife. It would cost the same to get one as creating a team (the wedding). And every time you go into town, 4,000 poke yen gets deducted from you. And you constantly have to replace your pokebikes or get them repaired. Remember how much that bike cost without a coucher? Pricey. 

Best money sink is some bullshit like you need Poke-Armour that way you can power up your Pokemon just like an RPG game.

In order to get this armour you have to mine for the material but you can't get any pick nooooo you need to get user specific picks that you buy at the store and the better pick the more money you have to get for it. So I guess you can say you better pick your pick wisely (HURR HURR HURR). So after you do that shit you go pick at the rocks for a bit in caves and then sometimes random Pokemon attack you while you are mining.

On top of that your mining success rate determines on the material and mining pick and ON TOP OF THAT the pick might break so you have to keep buying more picks. Then once you have some material you gotta go to a crafting work station but you think you can craft with just those materials? HA NO you have to go get other materials from stores or other skills so once you have that you have to get MORE TOOLS to be able to craft. Then once you get on top of that stuff you can make this bullshit Poke-Armour to make your Pokemon cool. BUT YOU ain't done!

You still have enchantment slots in which you can put enchantment stones into your armour you know just to make your Armour MORE stronger? So then you have to get a special pick to get certain types of enchantment stones and then like mining your pick can break and random Pokemon can attack you. Then you buy more stuff to help make better enchantments and more money sinks are available to the user.

Then you can also make hats and shit with random materials I guess using Pokemon as material wouldnt go well so you just hunt generic animals like a cow and then get their hides. PETA would wreck this game in an instant but hey just have to get that hat count up for PokeMMO am I right!?

At this point you're like "Wow this JWong guy is a crazy phaggot" and you're right cause I think I'm a crazy phaggot when I have to think something this stupid for PokeMMO! This idea is retarded but at least the money sinks exist like this on other RPGs.

im fairly sure they wouldnt disregard a pokemon with Competitive IVs, nature, ability and just use another :|

last i checked people use comps to breed with to get better comps..... so ya if my comp caught the pokeclap  i would surely get him some help

I DONT CARE IF YOU DIDNT LAUGH this was a extremely serious post

but thanks for the input

You are correct that specific people will be hesitant to toss a Pokemon they're breeding with, these will be the people who have extra cash and good comps (I assume) but for the majority of people who are breeding casually and who are not competitive they will simply toss the Pokemon away. So this is not a real money sink imo. I define a money sink as something that affects any player in game (by theory) for example pokeballs are a money sink. In theory everyone will use Pokeballs/great balls/ultra balls in game and needs to afford the cost of them. Not everyone is breeding with competitive Pokemon worth enough to them to spend a mill on... in fact I would say it's far less people than you think. 

Keep in mind the forums represent a very small portion of the people who play this game, and the competitive/rich are even a smaller portion than that. 

EDIT: Also this thread is horrendous, why are people discussing Pokerus and other "money sink" ideas here. 

Edited by Emlee