Gen VI Oblivious

Atuan

Question

9 answers to this question

No offense but we need to buff Taunt, it lasts only 2 turns, which stinks. We need ways to deal with stall, not make it harder. Plus even if it was implemented the only things it will benefit are CM/Curse Slowbro/King and Curse Piloswine (lol), Lickitung(lol), Jynx, and in the future, Dragon Dance Whiscash (which is gonna take a loong while)

Because when I see a Slowbro my first thought is to taunt it, yeah no.

+1 and for the people that complain that it make stall to strong. Think for a second, how many walls even get this ability.

Taunt is a completely viable way to deal with slowbro if you have an umbreon on your team. It prevents CM boosting and rest, and limits Slowbro's options to only surf or ice beam. Without taunt, umbreon does little to nothing to stop a runaway CM train.

Snorlax can use its special bulk to its advantage against Slowbro, but can still lose if Slowbro sets up and overpowers it with Psychic. Similarly, Starmie and other special sweepers have a shot against a 'bro, but not if it's got 2+ calm minds up and has access to rest. Vaporeon can roar or haze the statboosts but cannot actually cause damage. Heracross cannot OHKO slowbro with megahorn (without a guts boost) and is rendered nearly useless because of this. Honestly, if I'm running it, taunt umbreon is my first choice of slowbro counters because it immediately shuts down any attempt at calm mind boosting with toxic/taunt and will live many surfs before it needs to rest.

I don't think there is a lot of threat of a suggestion like this being implemented but i think a bad idea just because it alters the OU metagame in favor of one pokemon (other oblivious pokemon see little to no benefit from taunt immunity, not par with slowbro at least).

Taunt is a completely viable way to deal with slowbro if you have an umbreon on your team. It prevents CM boosting and rest, and limits Slowbro's options to only surf or ice beam. Without taunt, umbreon does little to nothing to stop a runaway CM train.

Snorlax can use its special bulk to its advantage against Slowbro, but can still lose if Slowbro sets up and overpowers it with Psychic. Similarly, Starmie and other special sweepers have a shot against a 'bro, but not if it's got 2+ calm minds up and has access to rest. Vaporeon can roar or haze the statboosts but cannot actually cause damage. Heracross cannot OHKO slowbro with megahorn (without a guts boost) and is rendered nearly useless because of this. Honestly, if I'm running it, taunt umbreon is my first choice of slowbro counters because it immediately shuts down any attempt at calm mind boosting with toxic/taunt and will live many surfs before it needs to rest.

I don't think there is a lot of threat of a suggestion like this being implemented but i think a bad idea just because it alters the OU metagame in favor of one pokemon (other oblivious pokemon see little to no benefit from taunt immunity, not par with slowbro at least).

Adding on to this, I don't think that implementing mechanics from future gens should be considered unless there is good reason behind it. The only reason I can even imagine adding Gen 6 Oblivious is "Hey, let's make Oblivious more useful!", which is not at all a good reason; All adding future gen mechanics to PokeMMO does is make the game even more of a mechanical clusterfuck than it already is, making it even more difficult for people getting into the game to understand the mechanics, as they take randomly from every gen, along with unique mechanics or just straight up bugged interactions.