Sign in to follow this  
Barrage

[Poem] Touch

Such a haunting and helpless feeling it is to long for a thing out of reach, out of touch. Why long for such a banal thing as a touch? The logical mind would surmise that a touch of the mind would be satisfactory. The physicality of any touch would seem superfluous, needless, senseless. Not a necessary aspect of human interaction.

What is an existence if not a conscious one? How, with all the complexities of the mind of the individual, does a single desire manage to seem so overwhelming?

A touch of the thought would never equate a touch of the hand.

EDIT: Haterz gun hate

Such a haunting and helpless feeling it is to long for a thing out of reach, out of touch. Why long for such a banal thing as a touch? The logical mind would surmise that a touch of the mind would be satisfactory. The physicality of any touch would seem superfluous, needless, senseless. Not a necessary aspect of human interaction.

What is an existence if not a conscious one? How, with all the complexities of the mind of the individual, does a single desire manage to seem so overwhelming?

A touch of the thought would never equate a touch of the hand.

EDIT: Haterz gun hate

That's the kinda thing I narrate to my cat at 3 am.

Hate to be that guy, but, uh, that underlined part should be "too."

I'll just... put my nazi hat back on and back out.

That's the kinda thing I narrate to my cat at 3 am.

Hate to be that guy, but, uh, that underlined part should be "too."

I'll just... put my nazi hat back on and back out.

Actually, no. I was using the infinitive form of the verb "to long". Are you sure your nazi hat isn't a dunce hat?

Actually, no. I was using the infinitive form of the verb "to long". Are you sure your nazi hat isn't a dunce hat?

Oh wow, you're right.

I kept reading it as "too long" and assuming you weren't smart.

I guess I'll just put the cap back in hammerspace and bite the cyanide tab.