Trading between Characters

JS6786

Question

Updating a really old thread because I still have the same question.

Why can't we send mail (read: pokes, items, money) between characters on the same account? The need to use a middle man to accomplish this feature is both silly and unreliable.

If you're worried about balancing, lock the feature until post-E4.

Thoughts?

Edited by JS6786

25 answers to this question

This would be a horrible idea only because what would be the point of it? You catch all the Pokemon on one Character and then shift them all off to the next two Characters to breeze through the game ridiculously easily. It would defeat the purpose.

That's a good point. I was strictly thinking about trading items from a secondary account to a primary one.

Keeping my idea for a second, it would make sense for the already trade-limited pokes (starters, lapras, eevee, hitmons) to be "invisible" in PC boxes.

Or here's a new idea: the feature becomes available once the player has gotten all 8 badges (or later, beaten the elite four).

Sorry for not thinking this one through...

This would be a horrible idea only because what would be the point of it? You catch all the Pokemon on one Character and then shift them all off to the next two Characters to breeze through the game ridiculously easily. It would defeat the purpose.

Exactly. If you do need help transferring Pokemon between characters you can find me in game or ask a CM.

In fact as I was typing this I helped a dude get some items from an alt to his main.

ATM i don't need the help, but I will definitely keep you in mind xD

But what do you guys think about this feature being implemented once a character has beaten the elite four?

As I said, I am under the impression that the Devs DON'T want you to transfer between your two accounts.

ATM i don't need the help, but I will definitely keep you in mind xD

But what do you guys think about this feature being implemented once a character has beaten the elite four?

Again, would defeat the purpose. Your Characters are treated as three separate entities, each traversing the Pokemon World on their own. Having a shared PC would be illogical.

Agreed. This thread should be locked here so that if people search for this topic they will get this answer. I don't recall exactly where I saw the post, but I can assume you that Gifting Pokemon/Items will be implemented.

I think you're referring to this?

The future Mail system should cover this. We'll allow players to attach Pokémon / Items to letters and mail them off.

Hmmm, Well now we have Mail System... BUT what about a Single Box on PC(OR brand new Common Storage Section) which is Link to all your Accounts, Of course you will need to Pay a Fee to Store your stuff. This also can be Buffed via VIP with Reward Points.

I've seem this on other games, Maybe this could Fit in here too :)

Mail System doesn't work between characters on the same account i think.

You're right, it doesn't.

Hmmm, Well now we have Mail System... BUT what about a Single Box on PC(OR brand new Common Storage Section) which is Link to all your Accounts, Of course you will need to Pay a Fee to Store your stuff. This also can be Buffed via VIP with Reward Points.

I've seem this on other games, Maybe this could Fit in here too :)

If you have any other way for making this happen please make a new thread as this one is from 2012 - way outdated.

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, Pereiraa said:

If you have any other way for making this happen please make a new thread as this one is from 2012 - way outdated.

Also this thread's title is still appropriate so why not keep it :)