The Mixed Cup

postermix.png

Thanks Greck for the temp poster!

Details:
Tournament where players must use 2 Pokemon from each tier in their team: 2OU, 2UU, 2NU, If you dont want to use 2OU you may use more lower tiers (For example: 4UU 2NU / 1OU 3UU 2NU / or even just 6NU) but you need to have at least 2NU. If player use more then 2 pokemon from a specified tier then that counts as a disqualification.

Rules:
- Players must use 2 Pokemon from NU and not more then 4 from UU 

- Do not timeout your opponents unless stated otherwise by a referee
- Do not block your opponents or staff

- Disconnecting during your match will result in a disqualification
- Breaking a tournament rule can result in a disqualification

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO

Banned Moves:

- Hyper Beam 
Banned Pokemon:
- Wobbuffet
- Wynaut 

-Spore on Ekans and Arbok is banned

Format: 

Level 50, 6v6 (Singles) - Single Elimination

Date & Time:
Date: Monday - November 4th, 5:00PM EST
Check-in will start at 5:00 PM EST.

Registration Date:
Date: Saturday - November, 2nd  
Time: 5:00 PM EDT

Registration Method:

First 32 posts get a spot on the bracket
Only two sign-ups per forum user
Only 1 sign up per forum post

Contestans: 
32 Players / 
32 Reserves

Prizes:
1st Place:

032.pngShiny Nidoran♂

2nd Place:
500 RP.

Brackethttp://challonge.com/TheMixedCup

Reserves: 
[spoiler]

Wak
YuriCharge
truplup
Beastlyj
Frags
DarkCricri
Felixx
MIHAWKEYE
Mullusque
Heketi
Dragonlova
DaKingizBack
LyndonRenauld
TrainerMicky
Iwisesa
chelseablueday
wieyinchen
Umadbrah
Haazuu
Eggroll
TopQuake
LuisaFMC
XcrosX
Kallbaynne
JorgeBale
Rollermine

[/spoiler]

OU List:
[spoiler]

Aerodactyl

Alakazam

Arcanine
Blissey

Breloom
Chansey
Charizard

Claydol
Crobat

Dugtrio
Dusclops

Espeon

Exeggutor
Gengar
Gyarados
Heracross
Houndoom
Jolteon
Jynx
Kangaskhan
Kingdra
Lapras

Ludicolo
Machamp

Marowak
Salamence

Scizor
Skarmory
Slaking
Slowbro
Slowking

Smeargle
Snorlax
Starmie
Tauros
Umbreon
Ursaring
Vaporeon
Venusaur

Weezing

[/spoiler]

UU List:
[spoiler]

Absol

Ampharos

Aggron
Azumarill
Banette
Blastoise
Cacturne
Clefable
Cloyster
Dodrio
Donphan
Electabuzz

Electrode 

Flareon
Forretress

Gligar
Golduck
Golem
Granbull
Grumpig
Haunter
Hitmonlee

Hitmontop

Hypno

Jumpluff 
Kabutops
Kadabra

Lanturn
Magmar

Magneton
Mantine
Misdreavus
Mr. Mime
Muk

Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Ninetales

Octillery
Omastar
Pikachu
Pinsir
Politoed
Poliwrath
Porygon2
Primeape
Quagsire
Qwilfish
Raichu
Rhydon
Sandslash
Scyther
Sharpedo

Sneasel

Steelix
Tentacruel
Victreebel
Vigoroth
Vileplume
Walrein

Wynaut
Xatu

[/spoiler]

And just to be sure, if i want i can run 4 UU and 2 NU if i want right?

No it's strictly 2OU 2UU 2NU. It probably would be easier if you were allowed to use more lower tier pokemon if you didn't want to use higher tier pokemon. But I like making it strict it adds a challenge to building your team

No it's strictly 2OU 2UU 2NU. It probably would be easier if you were allowed to use more lower tier pokemon if you didn't want to use higher tier pokemon. But I like making it strict it adds a challenge to building your team

Ok, i just wanted to be sure about that.

Thats not really how tiers work though, OU means you can use anything that isn't banlisted to Ubers, UU means anything not banlisted to OU/Ubers, etc...

Anyway, RIP tourney posters.

Thats not really how tiers work though, OU means you can use anything that isn't banlisted to Ubers, UU means anything not banlisted to OU/Ubers, etc...

Anyway, RIP tourney posters.

That was actually why I asked that, i'll just paraphrase the rules as

2 Pokes from the OU ( Tier 1 ) List must be used

2 Pokes from the UU ( Tier 2 ) List must be used

2 Pokes from the NU ( Tier 3 ) List ( = what's left out from OU/UU list ) must be used

Why is there no longer staff members willing enough to make posters/learn to make posters? When I started out mine were horrible but I worked on improving. IMO a poster makes a official event look .... official. I know it's not absolutely nessesary but I guess that's just my very personal opinion.

Why is there no longer staff members willing enough to make posters/learn to make posters? When I started out mine were horrible but I worked on improving. IMO a poster makes a official event look .... official. I know it's not absolutely nessesary but I guess that's just my very personal opinion.

Just slap one of these at the top of every event. Make it the new official PokeMMO event poster

[spoiler]lPkzt6p.gif[/spoiler]

Well i actually did make a poster but my laptop got factory reset (on accident) which deleted it and my program of Photoshop.. and as you can see the date of the tourney is really soon and im not gonna postpone the tournament because of a poster. In the future all my events will have posters.

After thinking about it a bit i agree with what you and others are saying so i am gonna allow if you want to use 4UU you can or say 3UU and 1OU that is fine. 

Well i actually did make a poster but my laptop got factory reset (on accident) which deleted it and my program of Photoshop.. and as you can see the date of the tourney is really soon and im not gonna postpone the tournament because of a poster. In the future all my events will have posters.

After thinking about it a bit i agree with what you and others are saying so i am gonna allow if you want to use 4UU you can or say 3UU and 1OU that is fine. 

Or even 6 NU, if someone so chose?