+1

was bored the other day and was forum browsing and low and behold i came across a competitive guide,so me,being the competitive player i am,wanting to better myself read through it..only to realize half way through, it was on competitive play before breeding...fml lol i agree on this clean up wholeheartedly

also stricter rules should be put in place,to think any ol noob can start a guide and disillusion yet more noobs,the thought scares me..noobier noobs?just imagine......

• 2 weeks later...

Bump cuz of the apparent GT rework in progress right now.  I'll have more specific criticism/suggestion once it appears to be entirely done, but for now I think there should be a distinction between an 'incomplete guide that may be updated' and an  'incomplete guide that will not be updated'

For example:

5O7bk.png

This should probably be in the latter of those two categories.  I suggest guides of this nature either be archived or trashed.

I also still think that there needs to be more subjective decisions by the GT mods - specifically in repeat guides.  There are who knows how many guides to competitive play, ev training, etc.  Most of those are not very good guides.  They should probably be deleted, as opposed to filed as a 'WIP'.

Lastly, I think that we should be able to respond to guides, even after approved. This is important if people have questions about the contents of a guide, or if something is unclear.  This may not be possible (due to limitations from the current setup) but in that case GT shouldn't be a protected forum - just move unapproved guides to the WIP area if posted in the main GT.

Also, I haven't tried yet, but I think that guides should be editable by the OP as usual (my understanding is that the current set up would not allow a guide to be edited).

Double post cuz wynaut, and this is important.

If the GT moderator(s) are unsure of which thread is preferable, in the case of multiple guides covering the same topic then there should be an additional subforum called 'Guide Testing'.

In this subforum the community would vote on which guide they feel is the most useful.  This wouldn't be a poll, but instead a thing were each person posts their opinion. This would follow SB rules - no +1/-1/option A, but instead "I believe the guide by XXX is the best because XXX".  Other users would like a post supporting/arguing against a given guide if they had nothing to add to it.

This forum should only be available to users with X number of posts (and I think it should be more than the 25 for SB or 10 for GT WIP because of the importance of high quality guides. I'd suggest 50 minimum, 100 preferred).

Also, the main GT subforum should really be open so that users can post questions about a guide or edit their own guide if necessary.  Just move guides started in the inappropriate section to the 'WIP' section.

EDIT: Also, I assume that a pinned post in WIP is coming that will describe GT rules and what it takes to get your guide 'approved', but that should probably be done sooner rather than later

EDIT2: I see there is an option to rate topics in this subforum, but I do think that a discussion about which guide is better than the others is still valuable. I also don't think it should go in the actual threads for those guides as that would derail those guides rather heavily

Edited by Dannnno

Looks way better. GJ Mason.

btw. is posting/editing disabled in completed guides atm or is it intended?

I talked to Mason about that and he said that isn't his intention, he's going to talk to squirtle about it.

Also - this can be closed, I'll just make a new suggestion if I feel its necessary.  I do really hope that the people making these changes look at my suggestions a couple of posts up.