SWARM ALERT

Fluffyknowsyou

Question

Well actually the idea is a money sink for a cellphone of sorts, kinda like the ones used in silver/gold. You pay money to get alerted when a swarm is happening while you are in game. This way you're encouraged to play the game and not press z for an hour hoping a swarm comes along.

How my idea would work(like it to anyways):

Buy the cellphone(can be disposable) for 10,000 dollars

It's battery takes 10,000 steps to charge the battery

1 charge per step

half a charge for biking

none for flying

20 for battling

This way players are encouraged to play the game. Whether it;s payday grinding, hatching an egg, looking for shinies, looking for comps, or a combination of all the activities mentioned. To make the item(cellphone) more attractive, you can make different ones at higher prices which would do certain things, depending on the tier.

Tier 1: 10k dollars - alerts you of a swarm, has 3 uses

Tier 2:10k + y dollars- alerts the player of a swarm and the location, has 3 uses

Tier 3: 10k + xy dollars - alerts the player of a swarm, the location and time left, has 3 uses

Tier 4: 10k + xyz dollars - alterts the player of a swarm and is not disposable

So on and so forth

Each cell would take 10k steps to recharge from tier 1-3, anything after that could be hiked up depending on the tier.

Tl;dr: Give us cell phone which tells us when a swarm is happening, so we can play the game and not sit in front of the idiot box

13 answers to this question

@everyone: Thanks for the support :P 

+1 if less mambo jumbo, maybe just pay a one time expensive price and no chargers or complicated stuff.

It's not really complicated, think of it like this:

Model 1:economy pack

Cell-clutch.jpg

Bulky, prone to breaking and poorly crafted. It would be something almost anyone could buy for about 8(@1200 yen) hyper potions.

Meanwhile you have:

apple-iphone-4-9-2-650x0.jpg

Built to last, sleek and is very expensive for 10,000 yen times x

That's what I was going for anyways. The concept is certain phones would be disposable,but functional while expensive ones would be a luxury only paydayers and alt runners can afford readily. My original intentions besides this was to make it a money sink, an affordable commodity for newer players while offering something permanent for the established players.

The only things I didn't account for were:

Realistic pricing

Whether it's possible to have this item only work when you're online

Whether or not the phone would act on its own(meaning it would alert you when rare swarms(beldum) or common swarms appear(tangela))

Whether or not swarms will be more frequent in the future

Whether or not a swarm indicator similar to the altering cave cycle will be made

Whether or not the staff will ever disclose hard information about the swarm tendencies

@everyone: Thanks for the support :P

It's not really complicated, think of it like this:

Model 1:economy pack

Cell-clutch.jpg

Bulky, prone to breaking and poorly crafted. It would be something almost anyone could buy for about 8(@1200 yen) hyper potions.

Meanwhile you have:

apple-iphone-4-9-2-650x0.jpg

Built to last, sleek and is very expensive for 10,000 yen times x

That's what I was going for anyways. The concept is certain phones would be disposable,but functional while expensive ones would be a luxury only paydayers and alt runners can afford readily. My original intentions besides this was to make it a money sink, an affordable commodity for newer players while offering something permanent for the established players.

The only things I didn't account for were:

Realistic pricing

Whether it's possible to have this item only work when you're online

Whether or not the phone would act on its own(meaning it would alert you when rare swarms(beldum) or common swarms appear(tangela))

Whether or not swarms will be more frequent in the future

Whether or not a swarm indicator similar to the altering cave cycle will be made

Whether or not the staff will ever disclose hard information about the swarm tendencies

Try to explain things faster and in a simpler way we all have ADD here, remember? But, great idea, loved the illustrated explanation :)

+1 Even if you have allot of time to burn on a video game, (which most don't) you still don't have allot of time to just be sitting in one spot doing nothing. Even more annoying is sometimes I find myself leaving the game open and just afk in front of TV, so stupid. :)