[Denied]Offline Training

I'm okay with this, that way I can edit in my 31 IV'd across the board pokemon into my PC and when I get online and PokeMMO syncs with my offline game, nobody will be the wiser.

Man, this thread is just full of great ideas.

The idea is solid, it's just that the complications it brings may prove to be severe, thus making it high-risk/high-reward.

I don't think any form of offline training, at all, is acceptable. There is no good reason to reward people for logging off and coming back to trained pokemon, no matter how much you charge.  There are games designed to 'idle' - PokeMMO is not and should never be one of them.

while i agree with you, i could just pay someone to train and ev my comps to 50 and come back online when theyre done, its the same thing.

the cost would have to be extremely high considering the cost of vitamins.

while i agree with you, i could just pay someone to train and ev my comps to 50 and come back online when theyre done, its the same thing.

the cost would have to be extremely high considering the cost of vitamins.

In this case though someone, somewhere is actually having to grind and do the work.

I'm a bit confused by this. The idea to me sounds like an interesting way to make grinding cash an alternate way to train your pokemon (instead of grinding exp, you grind money and pay for the exp) kind of like how the game corner has either you buy the coins you want with the money you've grinded, or you grind the slots instead. Both of them require some kind of activity and it gives people the choice of which route to take (though some would argue the GC slots are pointless now, but that's not related to this topic).

Now what you are instead saying is you want this to make it easier for people who don't have time to grind. So instead of giving options, you're saying please give an easier option so everyone would just do that instead.

Money obviously doesn't come as easy as it used to in PokeMMO, so if this were something to be added, the grind for money would need to take a similar amount of time as it would to just straight up grind the EXP.

Then you're not helping the people who don't have the time to grind... Seems like a contradiction to me at least.

I'm a bit confused by this. The idea to me sounds like an interesting way to make grinding cash an alternate way to train your pokemon (instead of grinding exp, you grind money and pay for the exp) kind of like how the game corner has either you buy the coins you want with the money you've grinded, or you grind the slots instead. Both of them require some kind of activity and it gives people the choice of which route to take (though some would argue the GC slots are pointless now, but that's not related to this topic).

Now what you are instead saying is you want this to make it easier for people who don't have time to grind. So instead of giving options, you're saying please give an easier option so everyone would just do that instead.

Money obviously doesn't come as easy as it used to in PokeMMO, so if this were something to be added, the grind for money would need to take a similar amount of time as it would to just straight up grind the EXP.

Then you're not helping the people who don't have the time to grind... Seems like a contradiction to me at least.

This is absolutely true, but i think people will still use it often because it's still just a bit easier to grind money than it is to train pokes, and i would still use it too, so i don't know.

Money grinding is already a problem because there are lots of ways around the general systems. trading chat has people putting pokes for sale? just grind to get money. The way  see it, money grinding is already stopped by shortening payouts, but its to make players self reliant and gives the option of offline play. This is a very good idea that needs not be yet another post in the garbage. 

this is just a bad suggestion, -1

As many others have said, it doesn't make sense to give players an option to level their pokemon with no actual in-game effort. Any good game should reward active gameplay. Even so, leveling pokemon is not that difficult, especially with a lucky egg. If you're really lazy or don't have enough time to play (i am in both categories), just level your pokemon to 50 and call it good. Even without an egg you can level things with exp share + e4 with ease. 

There is no compelling reason to implement this. The game won't die if this is not implemented, and there are trustworthy players you can pay to level your pokemon for you, provided you are rich enough.

this is just a bad suggestion, -1

As many others have said, it doesn't make sense to give players an option to level their pokemon with no actual in-game effort. Any good game should reward active gameplay. Even so, leveling pokemon is not that difficult, especially with a lucky egg. If you're really lazy or don't have enough time to play (i am in both categories), just level your pokemon to 50 and call it good. Even without an egg you can level things with exp share + e4 with ease. 

There is no compelling reason to implement this. The game won't die if this is not implemented, and there are trustworthy players you can pay to level your pokemon for you, provided you are rich enough.

As MrmasonMan stated, there IS in-game effort, because if people don't have the money then they have to grind for it. Also i have stated many times before, and you have not seen, this is not meant for lazy players, it is meant for players who do not have the time to spend all day training, because of school, work, etc. Even if you think it's a bad idea because some people don't want to use it, i bet there are about 10x more people who, if they saw this post, would approve of it immediately. It's true that some people probably won't use it, and that is there choice, but there are also people who would really like having this feature. Also when there are people who are offline for only a couple of ours via. (offline training) it would not affect the game whatsoever, they will still be active most of the time, so the argument about people being un-active is irrelevant.