EV training Pokemon List

From other sources I've read that EV doesn't split like exp. However, if I have pokemon X out, defeat NPC trainers pokemon Z and he summons another one, I retreat X and summon Y and win... BOTH X and Y of them get the EV? I just screwed up X's EV build because this happened, luckily it's early on so not a big loss but it'll take time to find another one with a good nature.

From other sources I've read that EV doesn't split like exp. However, if I have pokemon X out, defeat NPC trainers pokemon Z and he summons another one, I retreat X and summon Y and win... BOTH X and Y of them get the EV? I just screwed up X's EV build because this happened, luckily it's early on so not a big loss but it'll take time to find another one with a good nature.

Yes, both pokemon will get the same EVs. And you have a couple spare EVs that you can fudge.

That's why you don't grind EVs vs trainers.

Just a thing about a few people, who seem to EV train their pokemon, care for pk's nature like it's their own kid, and then - can't use them properly in battle.

Bah, even most important build not always work, because some attacks are not yet fully implemented.

Hence, question - Why grind it now, when it's annoying - and doesn't give you much?

I'm new to EVs as well. You say that the best EV count is 252 so that you can use the points in another stat. Does this mean there is a cap? instead of just getting 252 in every single EV or something?

One pokemon can only be trained to have 510 ev's

New to EVs so I have a doubt. I'll explain it as best I can...

Hitmonchan. Primeape.

50 HP< 65 HP

105 Atk=105 Atk

79 Def>60 Def

76 Spe<95 Spe

35 SpA<60 SpA

110 SpD>70 SpD

Now if I were to train a "Rash" Primeape, normally while ignoring EVs, then I assume his SpAtk rises quickly and SpDef rises slowly for every lvl up?

Nature Chart->http://forums.pokemm...-a-nature-list/

And if I were to take EVs into consideration, make primeape fight drowzee, venonat, seel or dewgong, then will his SpDef get boosted up along with SpAtk as well? And if I train primeape with the other pokes, then his other stats will get EV boosted, regardless of his nature?

I'm a bit confused here so pardon me if these are dumb questions. ^_^

New to EVs so I have a doubt. I'll explain it as best I can...

Hitmonchan. Primeape.

50 HP< 65 HP

105 Atk=105 Atk

79 Def>60 Def

76 Spe<95 Spe

35 SpA<60 SpA

110 SpD>70 SpD

Now if I were to train a "Rash" Primeape, normally while ignoring EVs, then I assume his SpAtk rises quickly and SpDef rises slowly for every lvl up?

Nature Chart->http://forums.pokemm...-a-nature-list/

And if I were to take EVs into consideration, make primeape fight drowzee, venonat, seel or dewgong, then will his SpDef get boosted up along with SpAtk as well? And if I train primeape with the other pokes, then his other stats will get EV boosted, regardless of his nature?

I'm a bit confused here so pardon me if these are dumb questions. ^_^

The nature still counts. Even with EV training, his SpDef will be 10% lower than it could be.

After this update the Macho Brace will be available, this nifty item will double all EV gains of the holder while halving its speed. So get this item you need to use Itemfinder on the place where Giovanni stood in Viridian Gym after you defeat him. To get the Itemfinder you will need to catch 30 types of Pokemon and then visit one of Professor Oak's Aides on the second floor of the building between the Snorlax on the Bridge and Diglett's Cave.

How to get Itemfinder

How to get Macho Brace

EDIT: The new merchant in Saffron City's PokeMart sells Berries, Including the ones that reduce a Pokemon's EV, these are:

HP Bag_Pomeg_Berry_Sprite.pngPomeg Berry

Attack Bag_Kelpsy_Berry_Sprite.pngKelpsy Berry

DefenseBag_Qualot_Berry_Sprite.pngQualot Berry

Special Attack Bag_Hondew_Berry_Sprite.pngHondew Berry

Special Defense Bag_Grepa_Berry_Sprite.pngGrepa Berry

Speed Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.pngTamato Berry

Edited by Tokxilchaosz

After this update the Macho Brace will be available, this nifty item will double all EV gains of the holder while halving its speed. So get this item you need to use Itemfinder on the place where Giovanni stood in Viridian Gym after you defeat him. To get the Itemfinder you will need to catch 30 types of Pokemon and then visit one of Professor Oak's Aides on the second floor of the building between the Snorlax on the Bridge and Diglett's Cave.

How to get Itemfinder

How to get Macho Brace

EDIT: The new merchant in Saffron City's PokeMart sells Berries, Including the ones that reduce a Pokemon's EV, these are:

5 star post. Thank you.

is there any way to reset EV in this game?

I want to EV train my starter >.<

There is, but it is not implemented yet. Once berries are coded you can go to the Saffron City PokeMart (On the right side of Sliph Co.) and talk to the cashier on top and he will sell you all the berries you could ever want! The ones in particular that reduce EVs by 10 when consumed by a Pokemon are:

HP Bag_Pomeg_Berry_Sprite.pngPomeg Berry

Attack Bag_Kelpsy_Berry_Sprite.pngKelpsy Berry

DefenseBag_Qualot_Berry_Sprite.pngQualot Berry

Special Attack Bag_Hondew_Berry_Sprite.pngHondew Berry

Special Defense Bag_Grepa_Berry_Sprite.pngGrepa Berry

Speed Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.pngTamato Berry

From my experience, until sweet scent works outside of battle, it's much better to fight caterpies for HP EVs. Just the chance of encountering a Pokemon in the viridian pond is ridiculously low, in about 10 minutes I found about 4 psyduck and that was it.

It's all about dat RNG, son.

Because of the way fishing works in PokeMMO at the moment, it's much faster to go to the viridian pond with an old rod and hold your hotkey button. It also allows you to keep your level low for tourneys. You're twenty steps from a pokemon center and with the current fishing you get much more encounters.

Because of the way fishing works in PokeMMO at the moment, it's much faster to go to the viridian pond with an old rod and hold your hotkey button. It also allows you to keep your level low for tourneys. You're twenty steps from a pokemon center and with the current fishing you get much more encounters.

Cinnabar > Viridian, if you have access that far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I'm new to the game and just played halfway through the game without caring about EV's and EV training. Simply, because I didn't know about EV's and that EV training boosts your pokemon. I don't fully understand the EV thing, so let me ask a few questions. I guess, I have to start a new game since my pokemon are most likely 'screwed up'. I don't care about screwed up pokemon which I don't like anyway, but my beloved Level 46 Bulbasaur has following EV's:

HP: 49

Attack: 52

Defense: 90

Sp. Attack: 36

Sp. Defense: 15

Speed: 140

Is it screwed up? Is it right, that you always train only two EV's to 252 and don't care (=0) about the other four? Which EV's should I train with Bulbasaur when I start a new game? I guess Sp. Attack and Speed? So I would only fight pokemon who give +1 or +2 Sp. Attack or Speed and run away from other pokemon (or let my other pokemon take care of them)?