EV training Pokemon List

Saving this spot as an update thingamajigger.

8-7-12 - Added current list of pokemon and EVs.

8-8-12 - Added the recommended areas list and levels. Also cleaned up a bit. Added some not funny stuff.

8-9-12 - Added some gifs for style. Editted some areas a bit. Got hyped for sandshrew.

8-14-12 Galium dreams of sticky.mp3

8-16-12 Please, God. Guide section.

8-16-12 HUGE updates to Def and SpD sections. Now you can easily grind a wall! The metagame just got more complicated!

8-19-12 Pls desu fix surf encounter rate.

8-21-12 Added a few links for newbies and a description of what natures actually do. Minor tweaks to summaries.

9-14-12 Added some more Atk places, thanks, Tsriel.

1-13-13 The guilt was too much.

Cool, I'm poplar.

Was wondering what to do with a level 8 abra. And how exactly do i optimize my EV-trainin?

You could do 252 special attack from gastlys/haunters in the tower, 252 speed from digletts/dugtrios in diglett's cave, and lastly 4 HP from caterpies in the forest.

You could do 252 special attack from gastlys/haunters in the tower, 252 speed from digletts/dugtrios in diglett's cave, and lastly 4 HP from caterpies in the forest.

But i level my Abra as usual, not tryin to get lowered exp for more EV? I am not sure 100% how this thing works :P

But i level my Abra as usual, not tryin to get lowered exp for more EV? I am not sure 100% how this thing works :P

The level in which you obtain the EVs is irrelevent, it'll all be the same at lvl100. However, if you're trying to EV train for the lvl30 tourney, then yes, you do want the lowest amount of EXP possible, as you're going to be grinding A LOT. Consider switching between pokemon to spread out the EXP gain, therefore decreasing it even further.

You forgot ekans for Atk. Not that it's the good spot but it's there. Also you should probably make the best spots stand out (like paras 100% encounter rate).

Must have lost it when I retyped it. I planned on doing the areas yesterday but I went to sleep.

Hey, Galium, I just created the EV Training List to the wikia to help you on keeping this updated, as anyone can add info to it and, different from the Bulbapedia one, giving area and levels for players, etc, hope that'll help you.

Oh, nice. I will look at it right now. Just got my new monitor working, thanks.

This list is informative and easy to follow. Very good work. My only suggestion is for the speed section. Magikarp can be encountered faster than biking through grass and can be one shot by Pokemon from a low level, making them an ideal place to speed EV training something freshly caught. You don't have to deal with Pokemon that don't give speed while training on them as well. I could understand not highlighting them due to very low experience, though.

This list is informative and easy to follow. Very good work. My only suggestion is for the speed section. Magikarp can be encountered faster than biking through grass and can be one shot by Pokemon from a low level, making them an ideal place to speed EV training something freshly caught. You don't have to deal with Pokemon that don't give speed while training on them as well. I could understand not highlighting them due to very low experience, though.

Nail on the head. I prefer actually switching out a weak pokemon at a higher level place and getting loads O' Exp, myself.

is there going to be the berries that decrease ev? i kinda fked up some evs lol

They are planned for release as far as I know. (I've also fallen asleep while grinding and accidentally killed some zubats...)