[Implemented] Adjust Disobedience Levels

As it stands, the nerfing of alt runs is extremely unfair to new players. They can't trade with each other (a major selling point of Pokemon, and especially of an MMO) and actually be able to use what they receive until after Cerulean and by then the novelty will have somewhat worn off. What is arguably the most exciting part about a Pokemon MMO has essentially been taken away from new players unless they play Fire Red Online until they beat the second gym, which is actually pretty unfair.

Giveaways can't happen either with this 100% disobedience. I used to give away Pokemon all the time, and it made new players so happy. It encourages sticking with the game, and in a lot of cases newbies befriending an experienced player that they can ask for guidance from. The simple act of a player giving what is worthless to them to a player that will adore it made the game a lot more enjoyable for both.

It seems like the 100% disobedience is only sabotaging new players anyway, as it's pretty easy for an alt runner to catch a Pokemon. trade it to their main account, level it up a bit, then trade it back. An obvious workaround makes the disobedience only a minor problem for them.

Before I continue, I would like to stress that I do not disagree with nerfing alt runs. It had to happen in some way. What I suggest is scaling the disobedience to be more fair to new players and still stop alt runners from bulldozing the gyms with lv100s. To strike a balance between the game being fair/easy to alt on and unfair/harder to alt on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ OT Pokemon will always obey.

~ With 0 badges, traded Pokemon will obey until lv10. From 11-15 they will disobey 50% of the time. >15 they will always disobey.

~ With 1 badge, traded Pokemon will obey until lv20. From lv21-25 they will disobey 50% of the time. >25 they will always disobey.

~ With 2 badges, traded Pokemon will obey until lv30. From lv31-35 they will disobey 50% of the time. >35 they will always disobey.

~ The rest stays as it is. Lv30-35 is enough for Erika and after that lv50 is plenty until the next increase.

I think you get where I'm going with this. This solution would make it actually possible to use Pokemon received from friends and from giveaways while still preventing an alt runner from sweeping the gyms with high level Pokemon. These 5 levels of partial disobedience and most importantly increasing the level cap when a player defeats Brock (because Misty is too late to finally increase it above 10) would be another step away from Fire Red Online and wouldn't stop new players from using Pokemon traded or gifted from others. With these settings, there's no point in transferring a Pokemon in the 50% disobedience range to an alt because it'll still be too weak to take hits while loafing.

Pros:

Making the game fair without undoing the alt nerf.

New players not being disappointed that their friend's Pokemon won't obey them.

New players can be given low level/bred Pokemon that will actually obey them.

Cons:

Can't think of any.

Discuss.

+1 I support this idea, I don't see why it has to be a cap at level 10, then 20, then 30 etc. I would love to see those caps run more smoothly with a cap of yea "~ With 0 badges, traded Pokemon will obey until lv10. From 11-15 they will disobey 50% of the time. >15 they will always disobey." :P

Maybe even let the disobeying rise with 10% from every level above the gym level cap, or something like that.

~ OT Pokemon will always obey.

~ With 0 badges, traded Pokemon will obey until lv10. From 11-15 they will disobey 50% of the time. >15 they will always disobey.

~ With 1 badge, traded Pokemon will obey until lv20. From lv21-25 they will disobey 50% of the time. >25 they will always disobey.

~ With 2 badges, traded Pokemon will obey until lv30. From lv31-35 they will disobey 50% of the time. >35 they will always disobey.

~ The rest stays as it is. Lv30-35 is enough for Erika and after that lv50 is plenty until the next increase.

I agree with this. That way at least if you have a lvl 10 at Brock and accidentally lvl it to 11, you're not stuck there unable to do a damn thing while he pummels you.

The cons are that, yeah, you can give away freebies to the new people playing the game. That may seem like nothing to you, but it's cutting back for the storyline experience for them. It's making it too easy.

However, me personally, I find it fair to have a 50% disobedience for the next 5 levels. Even if it was 75%, it still would make a lot more sense than 100% disobedience, even with the con I mentioned earlier.

I think the point to having the disobedience would be that new players would not beg as much for a pokemon. But of course, they're all going to beg anyways.

+1

+1 to this, I stopped giveaway pokemon to newer players that would really appreciate them because of the change. This would make a lot of people feel better and they won't have to just throw out their failed comp bred pokes or can breed pokes just to hand out to newer players.

The alt run nerf isn't even an issue thanks to the new update.

I know you are thinking I'm crazy... But now that money is becoming the currency for the game, battling every trainer you can is encouraged, which means you can't be 100% efficient with non-OT Pokemon in an alt run (Unless you want to clear the gym leaders and backtrack), even with the levels you recommend.

Even if you still don't want to grind through the game with a team of 6, it is very easy to bypass the alt run nerf.

[spoiler]1. Catch an Abra as soon as you get the chance.

2. Trade it to your main account, and level it until it evolves into Kadabra (This is a good chance to give it an Amulet Coin)

3. Even at level 16, Alakazam will destroy every trainer at that point in the game, and doesn't require any grinding to keep destroying trainers (And it will never disobey because your alt character is the OT).

4. Even if you choose to battle every trainer in your path, it only takes 4-5 hours to get to the point where you get TM24 Earthquake (Where I personally stop), and you never have to deal with the disobedience mentioned in the OP.[/spoiler]