Wonder Trade

JWingWangWong

Question

sounds cool I would totally go for this. Better way of getting rid of pokemon you want to release. I dont know how its done in X and Y but there would need to be a limit on pokemon you can trade to NPCs per day right?

Not NPCs, real human players. You literally trade real pokemon with random people not knowing what you will get.

Not NPCs, real human players. You literally trade real pokemon with random people not knowing what you will get.

Ah I see, well I think everyone will just end up trading shit pokemon and hope to get a good one in return, only to get another shit pokemon becuase everyone will do the same thing.

Ah I see, well I think everyone will just end up trading shit pokemon and hope to get a good one in return, only to get another shit pokemon becuase everyone will do the same thing.

Yep, that pretty much sums up most of my experience with wonder trading.

However, some people use it to distribute their unwanted baby Pokemon, in PokeMMO that would likely apply less due to only being allowed one egg at a time.

That being said, it's an interesting thought.

Yep, that pretty much sums up most of my experience with wonder trading.
However, some people use it to distribute their unwanted baby Pokemon, in PokeMMO that would likely apply less due to only being allowed one egg at a time.

That being said, it's an interesting thought.

My experience is I get version exclusive Pokemon and the low end pokemon I get are those I keep trading until I get something good. That's the strategy.

Would this happen directly between players or do you go to a PC or machine and send a pokemon into the system and get a random one from another trainer?

In the original wonder trade from X and Y you can do it any where on the map. This is how it works in the following order in pseudocode:

Pick a Pokemon from the PC or your party
if confirmation of selection is true{
       Server finds random trainer to trade with
       if player is found{
               player trades Pokemon with random trainer

if player traded Pokemon from PC{
                    Traded Pokemon gets traded to the PC
               } else if player traded Pokemon from Party{
                    Traded Pokemon gets traded to the Party
           }
       } else {
           Wonder trade prompts to start over
       }
}

because then players don't have to risk anything and it'll make people continue to do it in hopes of a good pokemon

They still risk getting a bad pokemon just as equally as everyone else who tries. One good pokemon by staff does not equate for the numerous of bad trades. Getting one good pokemon does have a rewarding benefit to it, but it does not have to come from staff to make it happen.

They still risk getting a bad pokemon just as equally as everyone else who tries. One good pokemon by staff does not equate for the numerous of bad trades. Getting one good pokemon does have a rewarding benefit to it, but it does not have to come from staff to make it happen.

Yes, but its easy to risk shitty pokemon on the chance that a staff member has tossed a shiny in, vs risking shitty pokemon when you know that there are probably no good pokemon in.

I still think its a fun concept.

The only way this would work with our terrible community was a 'Rate this trade' which then threw people into tiers. The assholes would get matched with other assholes, while leaving people who want to actually use it to enjoy it.

No it wouldn't that would lose the meaning to even have a wonder trade. That would make it somewhat "fair" and the wonder trade isn't fair it's random and you are supposed to be surprised or disappointed.

The only way this would work with our terrible community was a 'Rate this trade' which then threw people into tiers. The assholes would get matched with other assholes, while leaving people who want to actually use it to enjoy it.

or it could be based on levels although people might abuse that by sticking caterpies in the daycare to troll people

either way i support this suggestion if you can figure out a way to disallow people sticking lvl 2 rattatas in(do people do this in the cartridge games?)

Sometimes I wonder if I reply in an autistic manner. Here's my response to most posts:

The whole point of Wonder Trade is to expect 100% random trades. If we have some sort of system where it's "rate my trade" it be even more flawed for two simple reasons: 1) People don't care about honest ratings so it will be a flawed rating system and 2) Making an algorithm to even determine ratings and levels would just be a lot harder and isn't necessary. And to top it off someone who has a high rating could all of the sudden do "shit trades" which is why tiers are stupid. The whole point of wonder trade is for simple, risky fun and making it fair is not even an option. Gamefreak knew that terrible and awesome trades would happen and they have a system that didn't need to be any more complicated than that.

No it wouldn't that would lose the meaning to even have a wonder trade. That would make it somewhat "fair" and the wonder trade isn't fair it's random and you are supposed to be surprised or disappointed.

You can build up your reputation and at any given time suddenly be an ass and put something stupid in trade.

I think that's a funny thing to do.

I'll have to agree wth Desu, you want at least some sort of encouragement to put good stuff in there.

Because if we go by a completely random structure, uhh it's not gonna be random anymore. Everyone's gonna give and get shit. Even if not a rating, you gotta push people to not only throw junk in there, somehow.

You can build up your reputation and at any given time suddenly be an ass and put something stupid in trade.
I think that's a funny thing to do.
I'll have to agree wth Desu, you want at least some sort of encouragement to put good stuff in there.
Because if we go by a completely random structure, uhh it's not gonna be random anymore. Everyone's gonna give and get shit. Even if not a rating, you gotta push people to not only throw junk in there, somehow.

It's like you didn't read my last post

Both systems still promote a way to make trades shit trades and who cares if there is shit trades. The point of wonder trades isn't to be satisfied, it's to take a risk.