[Story][Adventure] The Pokemon Journey

Deshar

Wish I'd known this forum was here, I'd have posted it here sooner.

This is the story about my character Dante Deshar, if he was born in the Pokémon world.

I have added people from Team Bushido into the story due to originally designing it for the Bushido forum.

Aside from Bushido and it's members, all places and people in this story are made up, they are of course based on other things.

Prologue:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokémon, a place where creatures known as Pokémon live and roam in the world. Humans have grown to live along side pokemon. Some keep them as pets, others use them for work but most just have them as friends. The most well known people, are the Pokémon Trainers, these people train their Pokémon for battle and try to become the best Pokémon master in the world. Our story will follow one such trainer, from the start of his long journey...

Chapter 1: The First Pokémon!
[spoiler]Dante awoke, yawning a little he began to sit up still tired from the late night. He could hear the patter of the raindrops on the window outside, another rainy day in the good old Bouland region. The Bouland region was known for its rainy and generally cold weather, it seemed to rarely be sunny or warm but when it was it was really a nice change of pace.
Dante didn't feel like getting out of bed, it was too cold and he still felt tired anyway. he closed his eyes and began again to sleep.
BEEP BEEP BEEP!
Dante's alarm suddenly sounded, waking him and making him jump a little. He sat up right away and reached out to silence the darn thing.
Stretching now, he yawned again, just getting that last bit of tiredness out of his system. He'd have to get dressed if today was going to go well at all.
He went through the usual motions before finally being ready, putting his lucky cap on his head and waving goodbye to his parents and his brother. His parents smile happily and wished him the best of luck but his brother, Cris, just sat there eating his breakfast and ignoring the whole situation. That was just like him, Cris never seemed to pay any mind to anything Dante did. Cris was the older brother, thick black hair and always hanging around with his friends rather then helping with the family.
But Cris' attitude wasn't going to dull Dantes day, after all it was a big day today. Dante was finally old enough to get his own Pokémon. In the Bouland region trainers get their pokemon at the age of 16, this is a different age to most other regions where the age of 10 suffices. It was decided long ago in Bouland history that the age of 16 was the point where a person had grown up and so this had carried across to getting their first pokemon, it was a strange thing when compared with other regions but the region of Bouland always stuck to its history and traditions.

Dante had to get a train and a bus from his home town of Brumfort to the city of Londrean, which took a very long time, but he had left early with the intent to get to the lab first to get his first Pokémon. He wasn't about to let the other guys get their first, especially Kloneman. Kloneman was Dante friend and someone Dante considered his rival, his name wasn't really Kloneman but that was what everyone called him so it stuck, Dante couldn't remember Klonemans real name.
Finally he arrived at the lab, it had become a very important building in the city, well guarded and huge, Dante imagined that the area outback where they kept the Pokémon was the size of a small city at least. When he arrived Dante could see many people in lab coats and assumed they were researchers like Professor Pine.
Professor Pine was the leading researcher in the Bouland region, he had studied Pokémon for years and everyone seemed to respect him. He wasn't well known in other regions though for some reason.
It was from Prof. Pine that Dante would receive his first pokemon. He hoped he could find the guy soon, this place was like a maze.
Just then Dante noticed a familiar figure. "Hey Klone, fancy meeting you here. You getting your first pokemon too."
Kloneman smirked. "Just got mine Desh, you're way too slow. Check it out." He showed Dante the pokeball with his first Pokémon. The clever thing about Pines lab was that the Pokémon received there were all in Pokeballs that had a slight twist to them, they were red and white but had a blue spiral above the button.
"Looks cool." Dante replied. "But I cant seem to find the Prof."
"The professor? he's just in that room." Kloneman gestured behind himself, there was a door there with a banner over it that read 'Welcome new trainers.' Dante hadn't seen it before because he had been speaking with Klone. "You're hopeless Desh, well, see ya around, can't wait around here all day for you to waste time."
"See ya." Dante replied as Kloneman began walking away down the hallway. The guy didn't have to be a jerk about it, it wasn't like Dante had even been to Londrean before.
He didn't want to dwell on it, getting his first pokemon came first. He entered into the main room to be greeted by another familiar person.
"Why hello there, I'm Professor Pine, are you a new trainer by any chance." Professor pine called out as Dante entered.
"Yes. My name is Dante Deshar, from Brumfort city." Dante replied to the professor when asked.
"Well then, take your pick." Pine gestured towards a group of pokeballs all lined up with nametags in front of them. and waited for Dante to make his choice.
Dante walked over to the Pokeballs and began reading the names. "Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Tepig?" He didn't want those ones, Dante had already picked out his first Pokémon at home, one he liked. His parents had told him it'd make it easier. He looked over the Pokeballs, there were about 12 in all, but he found the one he wanted. "This one." He said picking up the Pokeball.
"Ah, Charmander, good choice." Prof. Pine exclaimed. "You're the second person to visit today, I almost thought you were going to pick the same one as him." The Prof laughed. "That would have been a laugh. It happened once before."
"Second, so Klones the only other person who made it here this early then." Dante muttered to himself, he wasn't that good at keeping his thoughts in his head so he had unintentionally blurted it out.
"Huh? Was that his name? I remember it being a little different...Anyway, you'll be needing these." Pine handed Dante some Pokeballs and a Pokedex. "Every new trainer is given these, the pokeballs will help you catch and keep Pokémon, you can buy more at the Pokemart if you run out. The Pokedex will record your journey, and the Pokémon you see and catch."
"Thankyou." Dante said, not really sure how to respond, he placed the Pokeballs in a backpack he had on and stuffed the Pokedex into his zip pocket. "I'd better get going, Klone'll be way ahead of me by now."
As Dante ran out of the room, trying to catch up to Klone, Professor Pine muttered to himself. "Kids today, always in a hurry."

[/spoiler]

Chapter 2: A Chance Encounter
[spoiler]Just as Dante rushed out of the doors he collided with another person, he hadn't been watching where he was going and it seemed neither had they. They both seemed to bounce off of each other and land on their butts with a thud. "Ouch." Dante murmured as his hand moved over to the pain, he had closed his eyes a moment as he had landed and hadn't really seen who he'd run into. It took him a few seconds to realise what to say next.
"S-sorry about that." He stammered, the pain of his landing taking his focus. He began to open his eyes now, curiosity had taken control and he wanted to know who it was he had bumped into.
"N-no, its my fault, I was in a hurry." Replied the voice of the other person, it was a girls voice, soft and innocent. Dante had now opened his eyes and sure enough the other person was a girl.
Dante scratched his head embarrassed and laughed a little. "Me too." He chuckled. "Guess we're both to blame here."
Dante was still sitting on the ground but it seemed the girl had already gotten to her feet and was dusting herself off. She probably hadn't hit the ground as hard as Dante had, though it was possible she was just putting on a brave face. "Why were you in a hurry anyway? I was just trying to catch up to Klone but what rea-"
"Klone?" The girl asked confused, it was far from a normal name for a human being after all.
"Oh right, Klone is my friend, I just got my first Pokémon but Klone is way ahead of m-"
"You have your first Pokémon?" The girls eyes lit up. "Can I see it?" She asked happily.
Had she not seen a Pokémon before? That could be it could it? Dante was sure there were so many Pokémon that there wasn't a person alive that wouldn't have seen at least one. And anyway this place was filled with them, there were some in the lobby too. A thought ran through his head for a second 'Girls are strange', it was quickly dismissed.
"Sure, I haven't seen it myself yet either." He took out the pokeball from his belt, pressed the button and it opened to reveal...Nothing. Dante blinked a few times before looking at the pokeball, it didn't have the blue spiral above the button. "Oh, wrong one..." Dante began to feel a bit embarrassed again, that was probably one of the silliest mistakes he could have made.
The girls smile turned into a frown as she seem to have an annoyed expression on her face now. "Do you even have a Pokémon or are you just teasing me? It's not funny you know."
"No, no. Sorry I just...I'm new at this." Well that was one way to make him feel worse about this, he felt like he was literally going to go red from the whole situation. He frantically began searching his belt for the right pokeball, finding it right next to the one he'd originally picked up. "Here it is." It figured it was right next to where he'd originally looked, that sort of thing always seemed to happen. he pressed the button on the pokeball and this time a red light emerged and began to take shape on the ground in front of him. It took the form of a Charmander, a lizard Pokémon with a flame on it's tail.
The girls eyes lit up again as the Pokémon appeared, even more so when it spoke. "Char!"
"It's so cute." She smiled, the whole issue with before seeming fade away. The look on the girls face made Dante smile too. It seemed she just really liked Pokémon, he could kind of relate to that himself.
He watched as the Charmander entertained her for a little while, completely forgetting that he had intended to catch up to Klone as quickly as possible. Charmander seemed to enjoy the attention, maybe a little too much.
"Oh!" The girl suddenly looked embarrassed. "I completely forgot!"
Dante looked at the girl, she seemed to be looking at the large door right behind them.
"I still haven't gotten my first Pokémon."
Dante blinked a few times after hearing that. "So...That was why you were in a hurry?"
"Yes." She smiled and began walking towards the door, when she reached the door however she stopped. "If you have Charmander, does that mean its not longer available to me?"
"Uh...Yeah I guess."
She turned to face Dante and looked at him with a saddened face. "If I asked you to trade it for mine would you?"
For some reason Dante was embarrassed again, the look on the girls face made his feel bad. But Charmander was his pick and his first Pokémon, it wasn't like he could just give it up just like that. "N-no." He struggled to answer, honestly, he didn't want to answer so he turned his head away so that they wouldn't have eye contact.
The girls face softened, she seemed to have been playing around with the idea the whole time. She smiled. "Meanie." She laughed childishly and headed into the room.
Dante was left on his own with Charmander, still feeling embarrassed. Much to Charmanders confusion.
"Huh?" Dante looked at Charmander. "I almost forgot, I should give you a name."
He walked over to the Chamander and placed his hand on its head. "There are many Charmanders out there so I need you to stand out from the rest, you with me on this?"
The Charmander smiled and responded with a happy "Char.", but what was Dante going to name it.
"Lets see...Something different, with a bit of a kick to it. Something people wont forget too easily." Dante stopped to think for a moment, moving his hand from the Charmanders head. "How about...Arch?...No too simple." He tried to put a few more variations through his mind, Archorns, Arclite...Arch...as...Archaes? "How about Archaes?"
The Charmander looked puzzled for a few moments but it quickly changed its mood to happy. Any name it's trainer gave it was fine by Charmander.
Dante smiled. "Glad you like it buddy. Lets go." He opened Charmanders pokeball and Charmander was drawn into the pokeball as a red light. Dante then placed the pokeball back on his belt and looked towards the exit, it was then that he remembered. "Oh shoot, I'm gonna be so far behind!" He ran towards the exit, hoping he hadn't wasted too much time.

[/spoiler]

Chapter 3: A Storm Brews.
[spoiler]As Dante left the building he could hear it, the patter of raindrops on the ground. It was a usual thing here in the Bouland region so Dante was well prepared, he removed his backpack and took out his coat. He put it on then returned his backpack to its resting place on his back. The sky crackled, it seemed today was going to be stormy. Dante sighed, stepping out into the rain pour and hanging onto his lucky cap.
The rain poured for several hours as Dante trudged along the path, the city, Londrean, was a large city, bigger then anything Dante had seen before. It took him ages to reach the edge, but when he did he could see it. A wild open expanse known as the Yotorn plains, it was amazing, Dante could already see several Pokémon off in the distance. "Time to get catching." He smiled.
"Excuse me, are you a new Pokémon trainer?"
Dante turned towards the voice, it was definitely male and judging by the tone around the age of 20-30. The man smiled as Dante acknowledged his existence. He could tell just by looking at Dante that he was in-experienced.
"I am." Dante replied.
"Good, we have a special one time deal for new trainers." The man gestured as if he was announcing something grand and invisible right in front of himself. "For a limited time only, you can stat check one of your Pokémon."
"Stat check?" Dante wasn't sure what the guys aim was, was this some kind of promotional thing or a trick. Though he had heard there were some devices that could measure a Pokémons strength, his mind wandered, thinking of how it would be cool to see what strengths his new Charmander had.
"With a stat check, we use a special machine to accurately predict your Pokémons strengths."
The guy was still rambling on, Dante hadn't meant his question to be answered but they guy seemed to take it as an interest. Still, everything here seemed to line up with things he'd heard...He'd just be careful is all. "Alright, what do I do then."
"Just venture into the tent and use the machine, first try is free, but afterwards we will have to charge you." The man raised his right arm and pointed at a Tent. Then began wandering off in another direction.
Dante assumed he'd be left to check his Pokémon himself and when he entered the tent, he found that he was right. There was no one here, just a big machine with a pipe sticking out of each side, one reading input and the other reading output. In the middle was a big screen and a button that read, go.
Ok, so all he would have to do is put his Charmanders Pokeball under the input pipe and the machine would do the rest once he pressed the button. Seemed easy enough.
He reached for the Pokeball with the spiral on it and removed it from his belt, then placed the ball under the input. "Lets see how great you are, right Archaes?" He moved over to the button and looked at the screen, it was blank right now. He pressed the button and the whole machine came to life. His spiral Pokeball was pulled into the pipe and a Pokeball appeared on the screen. The Pokeball opened and a ton of stats flew out of it, filling the entirety of the screen. A Pokeball then dropped out of the output pipe.
Dante looked at the stats that had appeared on the screen, they were suprising. "Maximum in all stats? Wow, my Charmander was this good?" He looked over at the Pokeball under the output pipe and lost himself in thought for a moment. He imagined himself battling along side Charmander, defeating every opponent, seeing it evolve and get more powerful as a Charmeleon, then again as a Charizard. He then imagioned himself as the strongest trainer in the world with his Charizard by his side. "This is cool, you're gonna be so awesome Charma-"
He stopped mid sentence as he picked up the Pokeball, there was no spiral above the button. Dante pressed the button and opened the Pokeball to confirm it. It was empty save a note with a Vortex shape on it. "No no no...No!" He panicked, how had he fallen for such a trick? It was all a set up to take his Pokémon from him.
He rushed out of the Tent and his head shot around, scanning the area as quick as he could. There was a truck just in the distance that was getting ready to leave. It had to be that truck, the salesman from before was boarding it. "I'm not letting them go." He convinced himself, running towards the truck at full speed. He was running on adrenaline now, his need to get his Charmander back from the thieves fuelling his movements.
The Truck began to move, its wheels slipping a little in the mud but clearing gripping enough to create a forwards motion. Dante reached the truck just in time to begin climbing up it as it began it's movement. The truck jerked away, suddenly moving quickly, all Dante could do was hold on.
In the front of the truck two people were talking to another over the radio. "We have the Pokémon as requested sir." Said the driver.
"Excellent, we've been having trouble gaining a Pokémon raised by the professor, this will help with our plans moving forwards." The voice over the phone replied, however, it was not a normal voice, it seemed its speech patterns were scrambled.
"Then we can move forward with operation 92?"
"Yes, Team Vortex will soon have control of the entire Bouland region. Return to the base at once."
"Yes sir." The driver replied. "What are you looking at?"
The passenger was the salesman Dante had spoken with, he was looking out the window at a suspicious person hanging onto the truck. "Seems we have company."
"A stow away?"
"I'll take care of him." The man took out a Pokeball and pressed button, opening it out the window. A Pokeman appeared, floating in the air with a large grin on its face. "Gengar, take care of this little pest."
The Gengar replied with a menacing "Gengar." then proceeded to float over to where Dante was holding on. It charged up an attack and launched it where Dante hands were. Causing Dante to release the truck and fall down into the dirt below.
Dante slid along the mud a little, when he came to a stop he felt a shooting pain in his leg. He'd broken it. But still he kept going, dragging himself in the direction of the truck, trying to move forwards. His only thought was getting Charmander back. "It's my fault, I have to get him back, I have to bring him back."
A fog began to appear around Dante, clouding his vision. He ignored it, still trying to drag himself in the direction of the truck. From the fog a strange Pokémon appeared, its eyes glowed a mysterious blue but the rest of it's features were unrecognisable in the fog. Dante ignored this Pokémon too, still trying to drag himself in the direction of the truck, though futile his attempts were, he wasn't going to give up.
The Pokémon watched a while as the child struggled, it did nothing to help, nor did it hinder. It's reason for being there was a mystery, until it spoke. "What are you doing?"
Dante suddenly looked around, seeing the eyes in the fog. "Who a-are you?" He stuttered.
"Why do you continue forwards though you know there is no way to get what you want?"
"What?" Dante wasn't sure what this person meant, why were they asking him such questions? He wanted his Charmander back, that was all there was to it.
"Because you want it back? Then why don't you stand?"
"Because I can't, my leg-" Dante stopped himself, the pain in his leg was gone, it had suddenly disappeared when he thought about it. He stood up now and looked at the Pokémon, it was clear to him now that it was a Pokémon...But how was it talking?
"I speak to you through your mind."
Dante stepped back, then slipped and landed on his backside. He had been so surprised that it was speaking to him though his mind that he hadn't noticed that it was reading his thoughts also. He looked up at it, but the Pokémon had gone. Had it ran off while he was falling?
The fog began to clear.

[/spoiler]

Chapter 4: Screeches in the Dark
[spoiler]As the fog cleared Dante began to get up, he then glanced around at his surroundings. He was in a mountainous area with a lake off in the distance, there were a fair few trees blocking some of the area but Dante was fairly high up, enough to see the tops of them. He was stood next to a road that ran across the side of the mountain and disappeared into a tunnel a little further down. The sky was clear now, not a single drop of rain in sight, as if it had never been there. Thoughts of finding his Charmander clouded the environment around him as he set out down the road. He wondered if Archaes would ever forgive him for not being strong enough to protect him, for falling for the thieves trap.
Inside the tunnel it was dark, though dimly lit, there were little lights running across the ceiling but they weren't bright enough to disturb the Pokémon that had taken up residence in the tunnel. Dante took out his Pokedex and opened it, pointing the scanner at a Pokémon that was sleeping in an area just off of the road.
"Whismur, the Whisper Pokémon, Whismur's murmurs are barely audible, but when it senses danger, it lets out a cry at an ear-splitting level. While it is crying, it will cry louder from being startled by its own cries." His Pokedex boomed, waking the sleeping Pokémon. Immediately the Pokémon began to shriek.
Dante quickly moved his hands to his ears, trying to block out the ear splitting cries of this creature. But in doing so he dropped his Pokedex, the sound of it clattering to the ground drowned out by the Whismur.
Dante, noticing his Pokedex was no longer in his hand, lowered his head to look for it. It just happened to be by his feet. If only this Pokémon would shut up long enough for him to move his hands from his ears. But that didn't look like it was going to happen, as he stood there the shrieks had gotten louder, some of the Pokémon had begun to flee. Dante had to risk it, he moved his hands and ducked down, scooping up the Pokedex in his hands, closing it and returning it to his pocket. He then immediately took a step back while returning his hands to his ears, which were now ringing from the noise.
He didn't hang around, once he had his balance back he shot off down the tunnel towards the next town called Lucorn.
Lucorn was fairly rural compared to Londrean, however that wasn't saying much. Lucorn was in fact a pretty busy town and still fairly big, compared to Dante's home town. There was no sign of the truck, the thieves could have gone anywhere, all Dante could do now was let the authorities know of the theft, hopefully they could help. With the haze of todays events lifting Dante began to wonder what it was he had seen back on the roadside, was it a Pokémon? Maybe something else? Pokémon didn't speak after all and the thing clearly did, in fact it had read his mind, that was kind of creepy.
Dante began to wonder where he needed to go, since he didn't have a map of Lucorn and it was fairly big he could get lost very easily. He began to walk forwards, making sure to memorise which directions he'd turned. Eventually he reached a dead end. The only thing there was a stray Meowth looking for scraps. Dante once again took out his Pokedex and aimed it at the Meowth. "Meowth, the Cat Scratch Pokémon, it is known to wander about city streets and pick up anything that that sparkles, including loose change. Upon finding a sparkling object, its eyes will glitter and the coin on its forehead will shine brightly."
Dante looked up from his Pokedex to find the Pokémon had fled, where it had run off to who knows.
He left the alleyway only to find a resident watering their plants, though it was a long shot, he decided to ask for direction.
"Excuse me, uh sir, do you know where I can find the Police station in this town." Dante asked, trying to be polite as possible. The man stared for a moment, making Dante uncomfortable, was it that difficult of a question?
The man eventually spoke. "Well, it's in...That direction." The man gestured down the road then looked towards his own house a second. "Then you turn left and it's the...Two...Three roads down, second on the right."
Dante smiled at the man, it was nice that the person he asked didn't just tell him to go away. "Thank you." He responded to the man, running off down the road.
"Wonder why he's going there...Oh well, none of my business."

Following the directions, Dante made it to the police station, he explained the situation to an officer Jenny that was stationed there, then she explained that this wasn't the first case they'd dealt with regarding those people.
"Team Vortex. Though it's the first time they've targeted trainers from the Pine Lab. In the mean time we'll need to sort you out a replacement Pokémon, please wait here."
The officer left and Dante was left to his own devices for the mean time, he opened his Pokedex and checked the entries had so far. Whismur, Meowth and Charmander. It seemed he must've gotten this first entry from Archaes, that must've meant that any Pokémon he caught would be recorded. This however, just brought back the thought of Archaes. "I'll find you, I promise."
Officer Jenny soon returned, bringing with her an odd looking Pokeball. "Here." She offered him the Pokeball. "We contacted Professor Pine, he's arranged for you to choose a new starter but it'll be a few months. For now you can have this, just remember, you cannot use him against other trainers. Catch yourself a wild Pokémon and hand him back to us, ok?"
"Uh...Sure...But what about-?"
"Don't worry. We'll do our best to find your Pokémon."
Dante had no response to that, he just looked at the oddly coloured Pokeball that was now in his hand, it was a plain black Pokeball with an orange star above the button and two ridges in the top. Jenny had left to sort out some other matters so Dante decided to leave the Police station.
Once outside he opened the Pokeball, revealing his new Pokémon. Growlithe.
The Pokémon stood at attention, seemingly awaiting orders.
"Well I guess...That tunnel would be a good place to start." Dante said to himself, trying to make it seem like he was actually saying it to the Growlithe. It waited patiently.

[/spoiler]

• Kizhaz locked this topic