PokeMMO Costume Contest

BrutalGG

RzHZ0ka.png

When: October 15th 1:00am EDT to October 30th 10:00PM EDT

Prize: 500RP Hat

Back story: All the Pokemon are throwing a costume party. They want to go as another Pokemon but they need your help. The goal of this art contest to dress one Pokemon up as another.

What Judges are looking for: As judges we are looking for creative Pokemon costumes, something that is fun and playful to go along with the spirit of Halloween. 

Rules:

1. The Pokemon can be any Pokemon that has been obtainable in game. The list can be found at this link: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/22930-implemented-pokemon-their-locations-and-held-items/.
  2. The Pokemon must be dressed as any Pokemon that has been obtainable in game. Again list at https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/22930-implemented-pokemon-their-locations-and-held-items/.
  3. The pokemon AND costume must be drawn by the contestant. (We will require proof of progress)
  4. You must include in your post what Pokemon is attending the party and what they are dressed as.
  5. Submissions will taken in this thread ONLY. Please do not pm me your submission it will not be counted.
  6. One Submission Per Forum account. You may edit your original submission post up until 10 PM on the 31st at which point the thread will be locked.
  7. Include the in game name for which you are submitting.
  8. Any account that has been found for plagiarizing will not be allowed another submission. 
Host:
BrutalGG

Judges:

ShinyChanseyKearsten, SaucyBoss

• 2 weeks later...

wQRDKDr.jpg

Shiny Banette dressed as Butterfree for the Hallowe'en party:

I can't win over the RacheLucarios and JPGs but figured I'd submit a doodle anywho. :) I went with two Pokemon that had colour schemes that complemented one another, but contrasted as very different Pokemon in both shape and presumed personality sense. I purposely strayed from a cute Pokemon dressed as another cute Pokemon (my originally instinct) because I wanted the costume choice to reflect what we see in Hallowe'en each year; individuals dressing as something they are not. I think the haunting form of Banette wouldn't mind being a beautiful butterfly for a night 

IGN: Barrage

Proof:

[spoiler]

If more is required just give me a shout, judges. DJDq5Nu.png[/spoiler]

Also you may want to remove my name from the OP.

IGN: RacheLucario

Program used: Paint Tool SAI
Time taken: 8 hours

I decided not to leave this one to the last minute - doing so has brought me nothing but problems in the past~

I chose to draw a rather derpy Charmander in a Dragonite costume getting sidetracked on his way to the party. He knew that he would someday become an orange dragon-like Pokemon and wanted to go as his future self, but must have gotten mixed up in choosing his costume~ It seems that he had problems with his tail and somehow bent the wires supporting one of the wings. He probably didn't notice though, if his vacant expression is any indication of his general awareness. It's only a matter of time before he accidentally stabs himself with those fake claws.

charmandragonite_by_rachelucario-d6rzrl6

Proof of progress:

[spoiler]Sketched Charmander first, then a costume over it. Lineart, base colors, shading, done.

mqp1bI6.png

Pretty much the same deal for the lantern, but with added lighting. The left side of each is cut off due to it being positioned in the corner and therefore irrelevant. This thing was a pain, and I ended up using the line tool instead of the pen, and it worked out much better considering how horribly the base sketch came out.

dwiBXk0.png

As for the background, I did each section on one layer so I can only show you the layers separated and without the darkness. The base color was a dark green. Sorry about the reduced quality.

L5EAXEC.jpg

After all that I added darkness, lighting, flame etc.

[/spoiler]

forgive my english XD:

OK, the pokemon that I chose is a pichu dressed as bellossom:

this is a final version:

131030101107670453.jpg

pichu Pichu_E.gif dressed as bellossom bellossom.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this is the process form the desing:

* desing draw:

13103010125968293.jpg

* this is the lines in corel draw:

131030101300115151.jpg

THANKS FOR VIEW MY POKEMON  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.