Clefairy Cup

Jindu

It's time, the Clefairy Cup is back!

YcQ5Cx2.png

Explanation: This is the Clefairy Cup. In this tournament, players pit their luck against each other by clicking Metronome as hard as they can while clasping their hands together and pray to the RNG (Random Number Gods). Special rules will be in place (please see below) to bring the most out of Metronome. Players will also be restricted to a specific set of Pokémon, you can see them in the following spoiler. 

Allowed Pokemon:

[spoiler]
(Clefairy, Abra, Mankey, Machop, Geodude, Drowzee, Cleffa, Togepi, Smoochum, Aipom, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Plusle, Minun, Spinda, Volbeat, Illumise)
035.gif063.gif19bc6584ab.png074.gif096.gif51168fed84.png238.gif190.gif209.gif216.gifda6b33b0de.png327.gif392b143eaa.png

[/spoiler]

Date & Time: Friday - October 4th, 6PM EDT

Contestants: 32 Players

Format: Level 30 3v3 (Singles)

Clauses: Species / Pristine / Bag Items (Except Leppa Berries and Pokéballs, when prompted)

The special rules:
1. Leppa BerriesThe only item that can be used in this Clefairy Cup is the Leppa Berry. All Pokemon SHOULD be holding a Leppa Berry, however if you forget to equip one you won't be punished. This is used so that a player can use Metronome for as long as possible, in the event that a Metronome match might turn into a stall fight. If a Pokemon somehow manages to run out of Metronome PP even after consuming the Leppa Berry, the trainer will be asked to use a Leppa Berry from their bag (so stock up on Leppa Berries).

2. Taunt and Mean Look/Spider Web/Block: In the rare event that a player rolls Taunt through Metronome, the taunted player must switch out immediately, so they can avoid using moves that aren't Metronome. However, in the even RARER event that a player gets Mean Looked/Spider Webbed and THEN Taunted, we must ask the taunted player to then throw Pokéballs until the taunt wears off. This is very unlikely to happen, but if it does, please throw Pokéballs when prompted by one of the referees that are present.

3. Metronome only: This one speaks for itself. If you're caught using a move that isn't Metronome, be it by mistake or on purpose, you will be disqualified.

Bracket

The bracket is subject to change until the tournament started.

Reserves:

[spoiler]

BeneHot 

Musica

Fasuke

Frags

homicidio

NoadHunter

albersonn

madriz

greenNmean

Bah

CrazyCeltic

Rhastaman

Fishtickles

Siege

LeGaryOak

XxjusterxX

Jingor
LadyBangPinUp

Thunderwing

weiyinChen

HUGEPENISCUZ

SahilShiny

feberz

PinkWings

Demando

MIHAWKEYE

Winterbrah[/spoiler]

Registration Start: Saturday - September 28th, 5PM EDT

Registration Rules:

• Only two sign-ups per forum account / IP
  • First 32 posts get a spot in the bracket

Notes:

• Do not timeout your opponents unless stated otherwise by a referee
  • Do not block your opponents or staff
  • Disconnecting during your match will result in a disqualification
  • Breaking a tournament rule can result in a disqualification

Prizes:

• First place: Shiny Sentret
  • Second place: 500 RP Hat

Host: Jindu

Referees: MarioutBrutalGG, RaiOh, Gaxeus, ShinyChansey

161.gif

Credit to Gilgamesh for the original idea of this tournament.

You might want to remove Igglybuff from the list of usable Pokemon, since it can't learn Metronome(unless this is something specific to PokeMMO).

I made the same mistake with Jigglypuff my first time ;_;

We had to test it out I remember, and rely on Bulbapedia, etc. 

I just checked. It can't learn Metronome in Gen 3 by any means (obviously), so it should definitely be removed from the list.

please make neekz sign up with his ttar again

CLEFAIRYKILLER might be making an appearance; I don't know if it will be by Neekz but I will see who in my team is down ;)

You might want to remove Igglybuff from the list of usable Pokemon, since it can't learn Metronome(unless this is something specific to PokeMMO).

I made the same mistake with Jigglypuff my first time ;_;

You're right, thanks for pointing that out.

I've removed Igglybuff from the list of usable Pokémon and added Smoochum.