[Sig] Signature Rating Thread

Xand

On January 23, 2017 at 5:30 AM, Otoya said:

9X5CE7R.jpg

Made by myself.~

Personally I don't like how the render is on the sig, but other than that the sig looks fairly nice. You could probably do without the glow or whatever is around the text as well

On January 23, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Otoya said:

dVWMU5o.jpg

Like Craig said, the text would probably be better in another color and feel more in line with the sig

Edited by Ploegy
4 hours ago, Brooklynmr said:

I use photoshop ^-^

I noticed your sig

23TpUs6.gif

And I cant help but knowledge drop the techniques to making smooth as fuck shining and gif things

UXrCefo.gif

lyj7jTQ.gif

Oi, so basically how what it boils down to is:

1. Take a brush and make a line or whatever you want
  2. Make a line or whatever else you make
  3. Move it to where you want it to start, this may be outside the edge of the sig dimensions thing or whatevs
  4. Go look down at the bottom to your frame animation timeline
  5. Make a new frame and click on that 
  6. Now on this frame move the line or whatever to where you want it to end
  7. click this thing at the bottom of the frame animation window  335f1c44acadcc7806c006a3663c6719.png This will automatically add frames of the thing moving so its smooth and shit.
  8. Assuming your tweening the second frame, make sure its on 'previous frame' at the top. For frames to add, generally I did around 30ish
  9. click ok and *BAM* smooth transitioning. all them frames should pop up
  10. Click the first frame, then shift+click the last frame (shift+click highlights all the things bewtween ur clicks) and make the timing between .03 seconds .05 seconds
  11. If you dont want it to cycle back and forth like mad (aka no cooldown between shining or whatever), make another frame at the end with like a 2 full second time. It will sit on that frame for that long after every cycle. 

So in a less lazy manner, here's how to apply that to making shiny text. There will be less whatevers.

Making shiny text

1. Make your text
  2. Make a new layer (will be located above your text layer)
  3. Take a brush from the basic ones. I use the circular gradient ones that look like this: 8286898f85bcf26f23f5afc002eb317c.png . Size is dependent on text and preference.
  4. Make a stright line with brush that will be the shine animated through the text. Make it a bit diagonal, it looks better.
  5. Now to make it move. Move it to the side away from the text where you want it to begin.
  6. Click on the layer with the shine line. Create a clipping mask by holding ctrl+alt+g or right clicking and finding the option. This makes the shine only show up above the text.
  7. Now go to your frame timeline. Make a new frame. On the new frame move the line to the other side of the text.
  8. Tween ( 335f1c44acadcc7806c006a3663c6719.png ) the frame 2 with frame 1. Make about 30.
  9. Select all the frames. change their time to something between .03 and .05
  10. go to the end, make a new frame, make it last like 2 seconds.
  11. Bam, put it on loop and youll have shiny text.

Also: To make the text seem to glow like in the signatures below, when you make your text, add some feint glow effects ( 3fa2f176d82a1dfe3a44578cd3995f00.png like you did. they can have less opacity or blend if prefer less them to be less notable. Situation dependent.). This way, when your shine line passes through it will go over your text and the effect, making the shine more..shiny.

bg86jNw.gif

EdglZhI.gif

Stuff from here is a applicable to a lot of other things in PS

hope i didnt forget anything

Tell me if anything is unclear b/c I bet it is

Edited by DrCraig
i cant spel
19 minutes ago, DrCraig said:

I noticed your sig

23TpUs6.gif

And I cant help but knowledge drop the techniques to making smooth as fuck shining and gif things

UXrCefo.gif

lyj7jTQ.gif

Oi, so basically how what it boils down to is:

1. Take a brush and make a line or whatever you want
  2. Make a line or whatever else you make
  3. Move it to where you want it to start, this may be outside the edge of the sig dimensions thing or whatevs
  4. Go look down at the bottom to your frame animation timeline
  5. Make a new frame and click on that 
  6. Now on this frame move the line or whatever to where you want it to end
  7. click this thing at the bottom of the frame animation window  335f1c44acadcc7806c006a3663c6719.png This will automatically add frames of the thing moving so its smooth and shit.
  8. Assuming your tweening the second frame, make sure its on 'previous frame' at the top. For frames to add, generally I did around 30ish
  9. click ok and *BAM* smooth transitioning. all them frames should pop up
  10. Click the first frame, then shift+click the last frame (shift+click highlights all the things bewtween ur clicks) and make the timing between .03 seconds .05 seconds
  11. If you dont want it to cycle back and forth like mad (aka no cooldown between shining or whatever), make another frame at the end with like a 2 full second time. It will sit on that frame for that long after every cycle. 

So in a less lazy manner, here's how to apply that to making shiny text. There will be less whatevers.

Making shiny text

1. Make your text
  2. Make a new layer (will be located above your text layer)
  3. Take a brush from the basic ones. I use the circular gradient ones that look like this: 8286898f85bcf26f23f5afc002eb317c.png . Size is dependent on text and preference.
  4. Make a stright line with brush that will be the shine animated through the text. Make it a bit diagonal, it looks better.
  5. Now to make it move. Move it to the side away from the text where you want it to begin.
  6. Click on the layer with the shine line. Create a clipping mask by holding ctrl+alt+g or right clicking and finding the option. This makes the shine only show up above the text.
  7. Now go to your frame timeline. Make a new frame. On the new frame move the line to the other side of the text.
  8. Tween ( 335f1c44acadcc7806c006a3663c6719.png ) the frame 2 with frame 1. Make about 30.
  9. Select all the frames. change their time to something between .03 and .05
  10. go to the end, make a new frame, make it last like 2 seconds.
  11. Bam, put it on loop and youll have shiny text.

Also: To make the text seem to glow like in the signatures below, when you make your text, add some feint glow effects ( 3fa2f176d82a1dfe3a44578cd3995f00.png like you did. they can have less opacity or blend if prefer less them to be less notable. Situation dependent.). This way, when your shine line passes through it will go over your text and the effect, making the shine more..shiny.

bg86jNw.gif

EdglZhI.gif

Stuff from here is a applicable to a lot of other things in PS

hope i didnt forget anything

Tell me if anything is unclear b/c I bet it is

Thanks for the tips my sig was actually my first attempt at making "hand made" animations, Lol, but now I can make it better! ^-^ 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Kizhaz changed the title to [Sig] Signature Rating Thread
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Fixedgaming said:

When did we stop loving signatures 

Lets start again!! 

@ApacheHelicopter Love the bear with the trophy, the white background makes it fit the forum post, 8/10

That wasn't this sig I originally posted.  I changed a week ago for the pokemmo World Cup Finale and the trophy is cuz we won 2 days ago.

The background is not white, it's in PNG so it's transparent. It was made to be fun, not impressive x)

18 minutes ago, ApacheHelicopter said:

That wasn't this sig I originally posted.  I changed a week ago for the pokemmo World Cup Finale and the trophy is cuz we won 2 days ago.

The background is not white, it's in PNG so it's transparent. It was made to be fun, not impressive x)

You are welcome xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...