[Sig] Signature Rating Thread

Xand

19 hours ago, mayuyu said:

184b24178555928d685c8245594a57fb.gif

rate my sig pls I made it myself

I know that bello is shiny. Shiny Bello is purple. The one on your sig is green.

A lot of empty space

The golden tinge of the grass as well as the pink clouds indicate a sun set, however the sun is still quite high in the sky

From the suns position, it is odd that there is a shadow on the grass which would indicate some obstruction of the suns rays. We can see quite clearly there is no obstruction.

3/10

1 hour ago, DaftCoolio said:

I know that bello is shiny. Shiny Bello is purple. The one on your sig is green.

A lot of empty space

The golden tinge of the grass as well as the pink clouds indicate a sun set, however the sun is still quite high in the sky

From the suns position, it is odd that there is a shadow on the grass which would indicate some obstruction of the suns rays. We can see quite clearly there is no obstruction.

3/10

What if that's actually the moon and their is a sun rising in another position which is showing the sun set features. Sure this isn't possible on Earth but this could be a new planet with Pokemon and Human species.

I feel like the empty space is trying to portray the sadness of the Bellossom as it struggles thought its depression and it's trying to stay lively and active by dancing to not show it, but if you stare deeply into those eyes, I see a beautiful plant that is struggles with sadness.

To the untrained eye, I can understand why you came to your conclusion, but I regret to inform you, you're wrong.

10/10

Edited by KaynineXL
1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

What if that's actually the moon and their is a sun rising in another position which is showing the sun set features. Sure this isn't possible on Earth but this could be a new planet with Pokemon and Human species.

I feel like the empty space is trying to portray the sadness of the Bellossom as it struggles thought its depression and it's trying to stay lively and active by dancing to not show it, but if you stare deeply into those eyes, I see a beautiful plant that is struggles with sadness.

To the untrained eye, I can understand why you came to your conclusion, but I regret to inform you, you're wrong.

10/10

Well it just plain ridiculous if that is the moon. Let me quote some Bellossom Pokedex Entries:

"Bellossom gather at times and appear to dance. They say that the dance is a ritual to summon the sun."

"When Bellossom get exposed to plenty of sunlight, the leaves ringing its body begin to spin around. This Pokémon's dancing is renowned in southern lands."

"When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open."

Do you know what item evolves a Gloom into a Bellossom? A Sun Stone, not a Moon Stone. 

You sir are a fool

29 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Well it just plain ridiculous if that is the moon. Let me quote some Bellossom Pokedex Entries:

"Bellossom gather at times and appear to dance. They say that the dance is a ritual to summon the sun."

"When Bellossom get exposed to plenty of sunlight, the leaves ringing its body begin to spin around. This Pokémon's dancing is renowned in southern lands."

"When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open."

Do you know what item evolves a Gloom into a Bellossom? A Sun Stone, not a Moon Stone. 

You sir are a fool

You're such an amateur.

To a normal Bellsoom, those quotes are in fact true. This was no ordinary Bellossom, it was struggling with depression... Of course it's not going to be acting normal.

man it's been a while.

finished.jpg

I'm definitely rusty...Critique/tips are appreciated, don't care much for the rating (meaning that I don't really get a lot of info out of a "6/10", if you know what I mean).

Edited by Gilan
clarification
1 hour ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

This was the first ever signature I've made, what do you guys think? What can be improved?

WpoBTKz.png

Pretty damn good for your first sig.

I like the lens flare, the render fits into the rest of the picture fairly well. Are you using photoshop? If so I would suggest messing around with adjustment layers (in the tab with the layers overview, it's the half-filled circle button at the bottom); the easiest thing that you can do is add a black and white gradient as well as a colored gradient that matches the majority colors of the image, and then use a Overlay blending option for both gradients. You can also adjust the brightness and contrast, and levels of the image. But the major thing that comes out of all of that is that it helps the render to match the rest of the sig better. (if that's too confusing, or if you don't use photoshop then don't worry about it =P)

I think the major drawback is the text. But I never get text right so I can't actually provide any pointers in that regard XD

Oh, and I would place the grass all across the bottom of the sig, rather than just where the render is.

It also makes me happy that you are still using that profile picture =P

Edited by Gilan
52 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Pretty damn good for your first sig.

I like the lens flare, the render fits into the rest of the picture fairly well. Are you using photoshop? If so I would suggest messing around with adjustment layers (in the tab with the layers overview, it's the half-filled circle button at the bottom); the easiest thing that you can do is add a black and white gradient as well as a colored gradient that matches the majority colors of the image, and then use a Overlay blending option for both gradients. You can also adjust the brightness and contrast, and levels of the image. But the major thing that comes out of all of that is that it helps the render to match the rest of the sig better. (if that's too confusing, or if you don't use photoshop then don't worry about it =P)

I think the major drawback is the text. But I never get text right so I can't actually provide any pointers in that regard XD

Oh, and I would place the grass all across the bottom of the sig, rather than just where the render is.

It also makes me happy that you are still using that profile picture =P

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

And yeah I love this profile picture lol

26 minutes ago, Argorok2017 said:

DHfGrq7.png

One of my more recent sigs, curious what people think about it. Have heard good things so far.

Looks really cool, however there's a shadow against the sky caused by the Scizor, and the left side looks a bit too dark. Scizor also looks a little too flat in comparison to the background. Looks great though

18 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

Looks really cool, however there's a shadow against the sky caused by the Scizor, and the left side looks a bit too dark. Scizor also looks a little too flat in comparison to the background. Looks great though

So i fixed the darkness on the left side so its not so high, also got rid of the shadows on the sky section. What did you mean by Scizor looks flat in comparison to the background?

19 minutes ago, Argorok2017 said:

So i fixed the darkness on the left side so its not so high, also got rid of the shadows on the sky section. What did you mean by Scizor looks flat in comparison to the background?

I meant that the shadows made him look flat in comparison to the background

2 hours ago, Argorok2017 said:

PSJHkxJ.png

Did this idk if you think it helped any. I mean I wanted to make it look like he stuck into the background more.

I got bored and decided to try an impersonation...

lol.jpg

I tried out some different stuff (like trying to make it a sandstorm sunset, etc.) and did a lot of crap to it XD  needless to say, it didn't turn out well =P But that's what happens when I spend less than 30mins on something.

anyways, in terms of your sig I have a couple of critiques.

1. totally get rid of the drop shadow on the scizor. It just doesn't make any sense and looks bad.

2. I think the top right is too lit up. Probably tone back on the light a bit. and if you did that to cover up the water mark on the background, just use a smudge tool to get rid of it.

3. I actually like the text on yours.

4. Overall its a nice, simple render/background signature.

6.5/10 for yours

2/10 for my impersonation =P

7 hours ago, Gilan said:

I got bored and decided to try an impersonation...

lol.jpg

I tried out some different stuff (like trying to make it a sandstorm sunset, etc.) and did a lot of crap to it XD  needless to say, it didn't turn out well =P But that's what happens when I spend less than 30mins on something.

anyways, in terms of your sig I have a couple of critiques.

1. totally get rid of the drop shadow on the scizor. It just doesn't make any sense and looks bad.

2. I think the top right is too lit up. Probably tone back on the light a bit. and if you did that to cover up the water mark on the background, just use a smudge tool to get rid of it.

3. I actually like the text on yours.

4. Overall its a nice, simple render/background signature.

6.5/10 for yours

2/10 for my impersonation =P

So I'm assuming you meant something like this

vUuLCX5.png

the light's layer was dropped from 100% to 40% opacity and I removed the drop shadow by Scizor

Also, I found a brush online that makes sand patterns, if I can find the link for it again I'll send it your way.

Here @Gilan https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/57770-free-sand-dust-photoshop-brushes

Edited by Argorok2017
Info
1 hour ago, Argorok2017 said:

So I'm assuming you meant something like this

vUuLCX5.png

the light's layer was dropped from 100% to 40% opacity and I removed the drop shadow by Scizor

Also, I found a brush online that makes sand patterns, if I can find the link for it again I'll send it your way.

Here @Gilan https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/57770-free-sand-dust-photoshop-brushes

yes, that is much better.

and thanks.