[Sig] Signature Rating Thread

Xand

What do you think of my sig I made?

I'm fairly new to making sigs, but what can I improve on and how do you rate it?

XRGGjqq.png

There seems to be a lot of empty space in the sig which doesn't work with a rather plain background. I'd suggest using a smaller size so everything isn't so spread out. There render looks nice with the background, but it's all rather plain as I said before and the dot things don't really go with the sig imo. The font looks pretty nice, but I'd suggest to try and make the color of it match the rest of the sig. Like there's hints of yellow throughout, but it seems a bit random to me. Overall I'd say 4 or 5 out of 10

Geez that sounds mean. I'm so sorry I'm mean

There seems to be a lot of empty space in the sig which doesn't work with a rather plain background. I'd suggest using a smaller size so everything isn't so spread out. There render looks nice with the background, but it's all rather plain as I said before and the dot things don't really go with the sig imo. The font looks pretty nice, but I'd suggest to try and make the color of it match the rest of the sig. Like there's hints of yellow throughout, but it seems a bit random to me. Overall I'd say 4 or 5 out of 10

Geez that sounds mean. I'm so sorry I'm mean

No problem, I also thought it looked a little plain, I didn't know what to do though :<

Where's my constructive criticism :)

imo make the shade on the left side under your name go all the way around including the middle and the border could maybe go all around also(notsure on that one).

Ilike the font and the thing around it and the mask even just the middle seems random but i guess it does fill up a space that was probably too empty also.

Overall though I do like it 6.5/10 for me.

hue next step is animation ;) one day <3

Edited by SneaKyKhaLidA

imo make the shade on the left side under your name go all the way around including the middle and the border could maybe go all around also(notsure on that one).

Ilike the font and the thing around it and the mask even just the middle seems random but i guess it does fill up a space that was probably too empty also.

Overall though I do like it 6.5/10 for me.

hue next step is animation ;) one day <3

You mean the 'mist' around the font?

Also, the circles are like blurred lights in the background to give it a more eerie feel, but maybe it wasn't worth it since most don't know what it is =S

I think I could probably done with adding a little more detail to the background, my only problem is I didn't want to over-do it and it make it look cluttered. Also possibly adding a nice boarder?

Also, animations I just dislike. I think they look a little tacky and a lot of the time make it look less clean unless it's done properly like Pleogys or Acertijos's.

[spoiler]

kjfwgXU.gif

2rmnip1.jpg

[/spoiler]

So I took my first signature that I posted in this thread the other day to try use the criticism and make it better. I ended up just remaking the whole thing pretty much.

Here's what I'v got with Plaboons & Eggroll guidance, and watching a youtube guide.

d5NqUxn.png

Fuck fonts, seriously :( Took me like 1 hour, going through so many different fonts and I'm not satisfied.

Regardless, whatchu think?

Edited by KaynineXL

So I took my first signature that I posted in this thread the other day to try use the criticism and make it better. I ended up just remaking the whole thing pretty much.

Here's what I'v got with Plaboons & Eggroll guidance, and watching a youtube guide.

d5NqUxn.png

Fuck fonts, seriously :( Took me like 1 hour, going through so many different fonts and I'm not satisfied.

No Lyle on sig ass/10 m8. Its nice

XRGGjqq.png

I can only comment up to a certain point because my sigs are just so-so, but on this one you have too many focal points:

[spoiler]

Ex1.png

[/spoiler]

You should only have one focal area that you are trying to draw the viewer's eye towards.

[spoiler]

Ex2.png

[/spoiler]

I placed my face slightly off center following the rule of thirds which states that that placement supposedly makes the picture more "dramatic" instead of just placing the focal in the exact center.

It is helpful to me to use "C4D's" which are shapes you can just throw in. Obviously you don't just toss them in at random, you want to try to keep your flow and your focal point etc. They look like this and you can just download them:

[spoiler]

Ex3.png

[/spoiler]

Well anyway, here's mine. Didn't spend tons of time on it - it's just kind of okay.

Sig.png

Here's a couple that I liked a ton when I used to be in graphics forum community to try to aspire to:

[spoiler]

sfdfdsfdshgjhvvcvcytyt.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

no_fear_by_ferra79_d5x6vqa.png

[/spoiler]

The one you are currently using already looks better than the one I quoted.

edit:

rules with text: I was always told by the graphic elite the #1 rule was readability. You can see on the example sigs there is no doubt what they say (on the blue one there is just decorative text which the rule doesn't apply to). With the gun on your new sig - we all know what your name is, but to a stranger it is getting questionable as far as readability (imo).

edit2: questioning the flow in your new gun sig now that I look at it. The idea is really cool but I think you have the flow going the wrong way.

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

but I guess you could draw stuff around the gun like this too so that could work the way you have it:

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

I always use this one for a flow example:

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

but here's another one with good flow:

[spoiler]

image.jpg

[/spoiler]

Edited by bl0nde

I can only comment up to a certain point because my sigs are just so-so, but on this one you have too many focal points:

[spoiler]

Ex1.png

[/spoiler]

You should only have one focal area that you are trying to draw the viewer's eye towards.

[spoiler]

Ex2.png

[/spoiler]

I placed my face slightly off center following the rule of thirds which states that that placement supposedly makes the picture more "dramatic" instead of just placing the focal in the exact center.

It is helpful to me to use "C4D's" which are shapes you can just throw in. Obviously you don't just toss them in at random, you want to try to keep your flow and your focal point etc. They look like this and you can just download them:

[spoiler]

Ex3.png

[/spoiler]

Well anyway, here's mine. Didn't spend tons of time on it - it's just kind of okay.

Sig.png

Here's a couple that I liked a ton when I used to be in graphics forum community to try to aspire to:

[spoiler]

sfdfdsfdshgjhvvcvcytyt.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

no_fear_by_ferra79_d5x6vqa.png

[/spoiler]

The one you are currently using already looks better than the one I quoted.

edit:

rules with text: I was always told by the graphic elite the #1 rule was readability. You can see on the example sigs there is no doubt what they say (on the blue one there is just decorative text which the rule doesn't apply to). With the gun on your new sig - we all know what your name is, but to a stranger it is getting questionable as far as readability (imo).

Ahhh, I see what you mean. I think the most recent sig I made is a massive improvement on that.

Still got the awesome sig you made me before :> I'l add that one to my profile as well. 

222.png

Any idea where I can get bundles of C4Ds like the ones you use?

edit:

Also, I kinda wanted the text on my new sig to look like it was scratched in. I failed on that part :<

Edited by KaynineXL

d5NqUxn.png

This is certainly an improvement for sure. The major thing I see wrong is the text. It's hard to read and I'm not entirely fond of the placement of it, but that might just be me. Overall I'd say 8/10

This is certainly an improvement for sure. The major thing I see wrong is the text. It's hard to read and I'm not entirely fond of the placement of it, but that might just be me. Overall I'd say 8/10

Where do you think the text should be?

Would this be a good spot?

a6ecd2d668db8937024f8a39c1ca604d.png

It would make my life much easier, since I wouldn't need to do a 'scratched look' effect on the text, and I could make it bigger and easier to read.

Where do you think the text should be?

Would this be a good spot?

a6ecd2d668db8937024f8a39c1ca604d.png

It would make my life much easier, since I wouldn't need to do a 'scratched look' effect on the text, and I could make it bigger and easier to read.

I actually think this is a nice place

4f7eb035a955f21b0f7b475318fbbcfc.png

I like the angle of the text, I just think putting it above the gun might make it look better and you'd be able to make it bigger which is the biggest thing

Yeah I don't know how far you should use my sigs for examples LOL.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fractal+packs

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=c4D+packs

They help fill out your sig... [spoiler]

111.png

[/spoiler]but you arn't supposed to really make them obvious like above. It's supposed to blend in. If you try to spot one in the example sigs, you can't do it.  (IMO)

Edited by bl0nde

d5NqUxn.png

I recognize those lines :P

[spoiler]
saKJTW8.jpg
[/spoiler]