[Denied]Monthly Lottery

WarOX

• 4 months later...

I've suggested this before in a variation of the idea:

Celadon Department Store Main Lobby. Add another NPC with what appears to be a dollar sign on the counter in front of her. When you speak to her she does the usual dialogue:

"Welcome to the Celadon Lottery Corner! Here you can buy a Lottery Ticket and have a chance to win large amounts of money or even valuable items!"

How it would work:

There would be 6 text boxes. Inside each text box a player would enter a number from 1-10/11-20/21-30/31-40/41-50/51-60 (each range for each text box from left to right). The numbers you choose are your "numbers".

On Friday at a set time (let's say 9PM EST for the sake of the example), the server would provide an automatic Announcement Message that says:

"This Week's Winning Numbers For The Celadon Lottery Are: X, X, X, X, X, and X!"

Prizes would work as follows (or however the staff would want them to, this is my example):

6 / 6 numbers matched: 10% of all the Pokedollars paid by players during that week on the Lottery + A Masterball.
5 / 6 numbers matched: 5% of all the Pokedollars paid by players during that week on the Lottery.
4 / 6 numbers matched: 1 Free Play Ticket for the next week's drawing + 1 Random Celadon Dpt. Store TM. (TM05/15/28/31/43/45).
3 / 6 numbers matched: 1 Random Celadon Dpt. Store TM. (TM05/15/28/31/43/45)
2 / 6 numbers matched: No Prize.
1 / 6 numbers matched: No Prize.

Players can redeem their Prize at the Celadon Lottery Corner before the following week's drawing on Friday at 9PM EST. Which gives them a week's worth of time to redeem it.

Each ticket would cost 5,000$ (which is the equivalent of beating a single trainer using the Amulet Coin pretty much). And a player can only have ONE Lottery Ticket at a time.

Additionally, there could be a second Lottery that is based off Trainer Card ID numbers as well.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1361128611' post='200747']
Might be cool.
[/quote]

I never liked the whole "match Pokemon's Trainer IDs" to win. That was just literally impossible and seemed an unfair way to win the lottery in the games.

I think letting the players CHOOSE their numbers is a better way to go. Makes you feel slightly more in control of possibly winning.

I don't have a accurate grasp of the amount of active players anymore, but I'd be worried about the community getting 20+ masterballs a week. Then again, masterballs are only a convenience item that do not give anyone an advantage, so it's cool.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1361129030' post='200763']
I don't have a accurate grasp of the amount of active players anymore, but I'd be worried about the community getting 20+ masterballs a week. Then again, masterballs are only a convenience item that do not give anyone an advantage, so it's cool.
[/quote]

Plus you can't trade them anyway. And matching all six numbers would still be quite the challenge.

At the worst, expand the range of each number selection to 20.

1-20/21-40/41-60/61-80/81-100/101-120

That would probably lessen the amount of Masterballs being won, however you'd probably have to offer a Free Play Ticket to anyone who matches at least 1 number. It'd be hard enough to match two with the increase range.

Come to think of it, the only con I can come up with is that everyone can do the lottery over and over again with their alt accounts. Almost defeats the purpose of having lottery imo.

If the developers can give each email a number for the lottery, then it would work. That is if it works, I donnu.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1361130221' post='200794']
Come to think of it, the only con I can come up with is that everyone can do the lottery over and over again with their alt accounts. Almost defeats the purpose of having lottery imo.

If the developers can give each email a number for the lottery, then it would work. That is if it works, I donnu.
[/quote]

So what? The possibility of anyone getting 6 matching numbers with 20 possible numbers to pick from in all 6 categories is SO UNLIKELY that it wouldn't be that big of an issue.