[Denied]make the amnesia brace work in the daycare

was thinking it would make things easier if you could have a pokemon holding amnesia brace in the daycare, and it wouldn't level that way.Would make things easier if you wanted to breed a comp or pokemon with egg moves and EV train something else at the same time.

this wouldn't take away anything from the game,it would just be an added feature to the brace,which would incline more people to donate to the game.

Edited by Emlee
One Suggestion per thread please, also please use the Vanity Suggestion thread for vanity related suggestions.

was thinking it would make things easier if you could have a pokemon holding amnesia brace in the daycare, and it wouldn't level that way.Would make things easier if you wanted to breed a comp or pokemon with egg moves and EV train something else at the same time.

No, if you have your active Pokemon holding the Amnesia Brace it produces the same effect. Just don't have any Pokemon gain EXP in a PvE battle.

change the OP and use better English please, it sounds like your asking a question until you see this is in "suggestion" and +1, if you pay for the thing to keep your Pokemon from gaining exp, it should work for ALL gaining of exp. you should be able to breed comps and lvl up Pokemon simultaneously.

change the OP and use better English please, it sounds like your asking a question until you see this is in "suggestion" and +1, if you pay for the thing to keep your Pokemon from gaining exp, it should work for ALL gaining of exp. you should be able to breed comps and lvl up Pokemon simultaneously.

If you place the Amnesia Brace on a Pokemon and have only that Pokemon battle in PvE, the daycare Pokemon will not gain EXP. Problem solved.

Better idea, take the Pokemon you don't want leveled past 50 out while you check. Then you don't have to worry about that.

pls dont argue, we all know you can do that, but with a amnesia brace you dont have to worry about forgetting and you can get a extra egg or two while you lvl up the lvl 1's, this is beneficial and will promote people playing the game while collecting eggs and not going afk and checking in every 10 minutes. it will also give incentive to donate without making this pay to win since you can do the same thing without it, it just takes longer. (unlike EV training lvl 5's >_<)

pls dont argue, we all know you can do that, but with a amnesia brace you dont have to worry about forgetting and you can get a extra egg or two while you lvl up the lvl 1's, this is beneficial and will promote people playing the game while collecting eggs and not going afk and checking in every 10 minutes. it will also give incentive to donate without making this pay to win since you can do the same thing without it, it just takes longer. (unlike EV training lvl 5's >_<)

If this gets implemented where does the line get drawn? They implement this, then people want the Macho Brace to work in the daycare, or the Lucky Egg. It becomes too easily exploited. I've overleveled by mistake, so I understand the frustrations, but making an item work in the daycare is not the way to go.

If this gets implemented where does the line get drawn? They implement this, then people want the Macho Brace to work in the daycare, or the Lucky Egg. It becomes too easily exploited. I've overleveled by mistake, so I understand the frustrations, but making an item work in the daycare is not the way to go.

there are no ev's gained in the daycare. and letting this doesnt mean letting everything. this isnt "to op" and everstone works in the daycare and certain items in later gens do as well. lets agree to disagree and see what everyone else thinks.

there are no ev's gained in the daycare. and letting this doesnt mean letting everything. this isnt "to op" and everstone works in the daycare and certain items in later gens do as well. lets agree to disagree and see what everyone else thinks.

Those other items that work in the daycare are the incenses and light ball to affect egg moves or what Pokemon is bred, not to affect experience gained. Not to mention that the Everstone only affects the chances of passing on the nature of the mother since Pokemon are incapable of evolving in the daycare as is. So again, no. This affects exp gain in the daycare, which happened regardless of the item held in the first place. The purpose of the daycare is to raise your Pokemon. It's not canon for there to not be exp gain in the daycare.

how about the admins overhaul the entire daycare system to where you can choose to let the daycare EV train your pokemon, though the pokemon gains exp (without amnesia brace), it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, and it takes 2 days to get to 252 EVs in a stat. then there's a cooldown of another 2 or 3 days. donating can let you put in more than one pokemon in it at a time.

i've been thinking about it for a while, and even though i don't play i think this would be neat and a good way to lower how much fucking money everyone has as well as get money for the game.

Those other items that work in the daycare are the incenses and light ball to affect egg moves or what Pokemon is bred, not to affect experience gained. Not to mention that the Everstone only affects the chances of passing on the nature of the mother since Pokemon are incapable of evolving in the daycare as is. So again, no. This affects exp gain in the daycare, which happened regardless of the item held in the first place. The purpose of the daycare is to raise your Pokemon. It's not canon for there to not be exp gain in the daycare.

0/10 pls go. 

1. Amnesia brace is not Canon

2. Breeding mechs are not Canon.

3. Your argument is illogical, follows from 1 & 2

If you want "canon", get a gameboy

0/10 pls go. 

1. Amnesia brace is not Canon

2. Breeding mechs are not Canon.

3. Your argument is illogical, follows from 1 & 2

If you want "canon", get a gameboy

How exactly is it illogical? The purpose of the daycare is to raise your Pokemon, therefore exp should be gained. Ta-da, perfectly logical argument. As far as Amnesia Brace not being canon, it's only obtainable through donation. Since when was anything in the gift shop canon? They are extra add-ons to the game as a thank you for donating. Making the amnesia brace work in the daycare is another way to potentially make this pay to win. So, yet again. No.

How exactly is it illogical? The purpose of the daycare is to raise your Pokemon, therefore exp should be gained. Ta-da, perfectly logical argument. As far as Amnesia Brace not being canon, it's only obtainable through donation. Since when was anything in the gift shop canon? They are extra add-ons to the game as a thank you for donating. Making the amnesia brace work in the daycare is another way to potentially make this pay to win. So, yet again. No.

The purpose of the daycare is to breed. No one gives two shits about the exp gained, except for you I guess.

The purpose of the daycare is to breed. No one gives two shits about the exp gained, except for you I guess.

No, it's to raise Pokemon. Breeding was not even introduced until Gen 2 and even then you could not get around gaining EXP in the daycare. You could only breed Pokemon if two compatible Pokemon were placed in the daycare. Making additional items work in the daycare is not the route to go to get around this issue right now since it would likely be a temporary solution should Flat Battles become implemented.

No, it's to raise Pokemon. Breeding was not even introduced until Gen 2 and even then you could not get around gaining EXP in the daycare. You could only breed Pokemon if two compatible Pokemon were placed in the daycare. Making additional items work in the daycare is not the route to go to get around this issue right now since it would likely be a temporary solution should Flat Battles become implemented.

The purpose of the daycare IN POKEMMO is to breed. No one gives two shits about the exp gained, except for you I guess.

Happy? Stop making comparisons to the gameboy games, this is totally different. What about when you have egg moves that you don't want to be deleted? You could make the argument to take the pokemon out and put it back in but that's what we are trying to avoid.

The purpose of the daycare IN POKEMMO is to breed. No one gives two shits about the exp gained, except for you I guess.

Happy? Stop making comparisons to the gameboy games, this is totally different. What about when you have egg moves that you don't want to be deleted? You could make the argument to take the pokemon out and put it back in but that's what we are trying to avoid.

Let me break down your statement here. You want me to either agree with the suggestion or stop posting. That's what you are saying, whether or not you intend it to be that way is a different story.

Here's the rebuttal, no. I have a right to disagree and voice such disagreement on here so long as I provide my reasoning. Deal with it.

As far as having egg moves that you don't want deleted, a solution has already been given for that. Since the system overwrites the moves starting from the top down, you place the moves you don't want deleted towards the bottom of the list. That's not that difficult. As far as me caring about the EXP gain, I never once stated how I felt about it, and I prefer to not voice how I feel about it. All you need to know is that I had overleveled a Pokemon I was using competitively as well. So I understand the frustrations with that, but I acknowledged that the overleveling was because I was careless with gaining EXP in PvE.

To sum this up, as I have said before, making additional items work in the daycare is not the way to go to fix this system. As Soothe said, a better solution is a complete overhaul of the whole daycare/breeding system rather than just adding more functionality to one item.

Let me break down your statement here. You want me to either agree with the suggestion or stop posting. That's what you are saying, whether or not you intend it to be that way is a different story.

Here's the rebuttal, no. I have a right to disagree and voice such disagreement on here so long as I provide my reasoning. Deal with it.

As far as having egg moves that you don't want deleted, a solution has already been given for that. Since the system overwrites the moves starting from the top down, you place the moves you don't want deleted towards the bottom of the list. That's not that difficult. As far as me caring about the EXP gain, I never once stated how I felt about it, and I prefer to not voice how I feel about it. All you need to know is that I had overleveled a Pokemon I was using competitively as well. So I understand the frustrations with that, but I acknowledged that the overleveling was because I was careless with gaining EXP in PvE.

To sum this up, as I have said before, making additional items work in the daycare is not the way to go to fix this system. As Soothe said, a better solution is a complete overhaul of the whole daycare/breeding system rather than just adding more functionality to one item.

I asked you another question and you take out of it that I want you to stop posting? No one is asking for additional item"s" in this thread, we are asking for one item that would fix a plethora of issues. If im trying to breed off of a level 10 that has egg moves I WILL have to take it out or else it will turn useless. I already said you could take out and put it back in but amnesia brace would remove the necessity. I could repeat the other benefits everyone else has said but that would be pointless as you have already tried to argue your points against them. Yes the daycare/breeding system needs a rework and I'm pretty sure its confirmed by Kyu that it will happen. Yes this is a temporary fix, but its needed. Who knows how long we will be stuck with this shitty system.

I asked you another question and you take out of it that I want you to stop posting? No one is asking for additional item"s" in this thread, we are asking for one item that would fix a plethora of issues. If im trying to breed off of a level 10 that has egg moves I WILL have to take it out or else it will turn useless. I already said you could take out and put it back in but amnesia brace would remove the necessity. I could repeat the other benefits everyone else has said but that would be pointless as you have already tried to argue your points against them. Yes the daycare/breeding system needs a rework and I'm pretty sure its confirmed by Kyu that it will happen. Yes this is a temporary fix, but its needed. Who knows how long we will be stuck with this shitty system.

I've got three words that describe this suggestion and sum up this thread and they are as follows

Pay

to

Win

The Amnesia Brace is only obtained through free-will donations. A player should not have to feel like they should have to donate in order to keep up with other people who breed comps. The items in the gift shop are thank you presents from the developers for donating.

Not to mention that they have already said that they will not do temporary fixes. I was in a Teamspeak discussion with Darkshade and other members of the community and one of the questions that came up was why they don't do temporary fixes, and the answer is that once they put something out there, it's very difficult to remove without causing more problems. They can't just throw stuff into the game for a short period of time to appease some members of the community, that would be terrible game development. They acknowledge that they screwed up with the daycare and breeding, and quite frankly, no one, not even the devs, knows when it will be fixed. Patience young Padawan, someday this will be fixed.

I've got three words that describe this suggestion and sum up this thread and they are as follows

Pay

to

Win

The Amnesia Brace is only obtained through free-will donations. A player should not have to feel like they should have to donate in order to keep up with other people who breed comps. The items in the gift shop are thank you presents from the developers for donating.

Not to mention that they have already said that they will not do temporary fixes. I was in a Teamspeak discussion with Darkshade and other members of the community and one of the questions that came up was why they don't do temporary fixes, and the answer is that once they put something out there, it's very difficult to remove without causing more problems. They can't just throw stuff into the game for a short period of time to appease some members of the community, that would be terrible game development. They acknowledge that they screwed up with the daycare and breeding, and quite frankly, no one, not even the devs, knows when it will be fixed. Patience young Padawan, someday this will be fixed.

I'm confused here, what exactly are you saying? The bolded parts of that first quote are things that should not even be thought of. You don't create "incentive to donate" by making a gift give comp breeders an even more decisive advantage over those who choose not to donate. I mean, if you want to take a massive shit on the growing metagame as it is, this would be a great way to do it. Out of every discussion I've been involved in concerning the topic not one person has suggested this. Now that could be due to them just not thinking about it, or that they realize that it is a terrible idea.

tl;dr

Pay to Win should not be an option, nor should it even be suggested, as a fix for the current system.

I'm confused here, what exactly are you saying? The bolded parts of that first quote are things that should not even be thought of. You don't create "incentive to donate" by making a gift give comp breeders an even more decisive advantage over those who choose not to donate. I mean, if you want to take a massive shit on the growing metagame as it is, this would be a great way to do it. Out of every discussion I've been involved in concerning the topic not one person has suggested this. Now that could be due to them just not thinking about it, or that they realize that it is a terrible idea.

tl;dr

Pay to Win should not be an option, nor should it even be suggested, as a fix for the current system.

i realize that no one will ever convince you that you are wrong about anything, however for the sake of the argument and other people reading i'll explain this to you. pay to win is where you get something no one else can have or a huge advantage over everyone else in exchange for money. amnesia brace in the daycare will not allow you to do anything you cant already do. it will only speed things up a little and i do mean a little. just like donator status increase your rate of exp gain a little. you can still gain exp without it and you will still be able to breed without the amnesia brace. 

i realize that no one will ever convince you that you are wrong about anything, however for the sake of the argument and other people reading i'll explain this to you. pay to win is where you get something no one else can have or a huge advantage over everyone else in exchange for money. amnesia brace in the daycare will not allow you to do anything you cant already do. it will only speed things up a little and i do mean a little. just like donator status increase your rate of exp gain a little. you can still gain exp without it and you will still be able to breed without the amnesia brace. 

It's pay to win because not everyone has access to the Amnesia Brace, you can only get it through donating. Those who don't want the Amnesia Brace or can't afford to donate will be left without this advantage. They will have to work with the slower rates. There should be certain aspects of the game that are kept level for a reason, and breeding/daycare is one of those aspects.

The Donor status may give you a 15% increase on exp gained from PvE battle, but you can also get that through trading as well. Not to mention that the Lucky Egg is implemented as well. So that donor statuses aren't pay to win because there are viable ways to gain EXP faster without having to buy it. Making the Amnesia Brace work in the daycare so you can narrow IVs while you breed does not have a way to do narrow IVs at the same rate, hence it is pay to win.