[Implemented]Implement an in game phone

For the daycare this could be useful, but not for the Elite Four. It's supposed to be the final destination for trainers - not a simple training area that you visit several times each day, despite that being how it's used. Also, the phone wasn't part of the series until Johto. To add the phone to Kanto would require rescripting multiple NPCs to say different things and to actually call you, which is more difficult than it sounds. This feature would annoy people too - I'm sure most people don't want to be bothered by some kid bragging about his Rattata when they're trying to do something else.

Overall, I wouldn't say that this is a "bad" idea, just not that it's a "good" idea. The main merit to it would be the daycare, but there are probably much better ways to go about it. Perhaps when Johto comes around we'll get the phone, but at the same time we'll most likely get another daycare too. We might not even get the phone at all though as it's a bit of a useless feature (aside from Elm calling you to say that a Pokemon was stolen), especially in an MMO.

For the daycare this could be useful, but not for the Elite Four. It's supposed to be the final destination for trainers - not a simple training area that you visit several times each day, despite that being how it's used. Also, the phone wasn't part of the series until Johto. To add the phone to Kanto would require rescripting multiple NPCs to say different things and to actually call you, which is more difficult than it sounds. This feature would annoy people too - I'm sure most people don't want to be bothered by some kid bragging about his Rattata when they're trying to do something else.

Overall, I wouldn't say that this is a "bad" idea, just not that it's a "good" idea. The main merit to it would be the daycare, but there are probably much better ways to go about it. Perhaps when Johto comes around we'll get the phone, but at the same time we'll most likely get another daycare too. We might not even get the phone at all though as it's a bit of a useless feature (aside from Elm calling you to say that a Pokemon was stolen), especially in an MMO.

i agree with your points, there probably is an easier way to implement a notification but i still think a notification should be implemented somehow.

I'd hope our PokeGear is more than just a phone. I'm hanging on to the fantasy of having the DPPt Poketch in PokeMMO. It has the best features of any of the PokeGear throughout the generations and a lot of the applications can be customized to fit PokeMMO. Not to mention some of the apps fit into PokeMMO more than they did in DPPt, like the Stopwatch and the Daycare monitor.

• 2 years later...