[Denied]Implement a Happy/Sad stone to completely raise/lower happiness %

I suggest adding a "happy stone" along with a "sad stone" which would raise happiness to 100% in a single use and drop happiness to 0% respectively. I have pokemon with return that at some point i'd want to trade but the happiness drop from deters this. The "stones" or whatever dont have to be named this, they can be a berry etc. You could put them in saffron market for 10k,50k,100k, whatever price you choose.

similar threads:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/25911-the-glee-berry-a-berry-to-raise-happiness/page-1

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/23771-remove-happiness-drop-when-trading-pokemon/

thoughts?

I could see this being doable if it was nerfed significantly, but as you're suggesting it, it would break how the happiness system is supposed to work. It's supposed to be hard to raise happiness, that's why return at 100% has 105 power, and why pokemon like esp/umbreon are so cherished. Besides, it's not like it's impossible, you can get a pokemon to 100% with a a few hours of biking. 
INB4 it's too hard to lower happiness, this is fixed by just using return instead of frustration.

However, back to nerfing it. Say it would hypothetically raise/lower happiness by, like, 15% and be in the GC for 5,000 coins, possibly 3x as a mystery box prize.  According to my extremely rough (and somewhat made up) calculations, that wouldn't really alter the time it takes to get it to 100% that much, it would just give you a different way of doing it, and the ability to invest time in happiness before you have the pokemon you need to make happy.

Edit: I forgot (what I see as) the most important part of any idea: relevance. The happiness system as it is works fine, and this would create unneccessary work for the devs that could be better spent fixing bugs etc. It's a maybe-someday(TM)-this-would-be-cool thing in my opinion. 

I support if the item is consumable. Even if is very easy raises happiness with breeding, because we have to step. With a Soothe Bell a pokémon goes to 100% happiness while you hatch eggs and no one uses Frustration (will use if these items are implemented).

But in some emergencies, like you have to return (lol) a pokémon with Return to a friend and he will use the pokémon in a tournament in a few minutes, but then the happiness drop. Already happened to me. :P

If the item is consumable and the price is high, I don't see the problem. Like I stated, raises happiness is already easy, but only if you have time, so the item would be a excellent feature to the competitive community. I prefer the price in pokémoney, we use just to buy vitamins/berries and balls/repels. IMO grinding coins is worse than EV training. 

This item isn't really necessary now, still a good idea.

I think this affects competitive games too much. I never liked that people would share Pokemon in a tournament. I actually enjoy the issues Return brings. There is, of course, the trading aspect. I don't see how that can hinder the value of Pokemon especially with the current breeding mechanics. We're constantly biking and I've raised all my Return comps from a disgustingly low happiness to 100% before even finishing one hatch.

I don't see Frustration ever replacing Return because steps affect Happiness. 

what if there was just a vitamin for happiness? like the same price as vitamins, and can only bring it up to a certain point, then after that you have to work for the rest.

Of the ideas posted, this seems the most realistic to me. 
IIRC, a pokemon's happiness is measured by a point system, between 0-255, 255 obviously being 100% 
Unless they changed it for the purposes of the MMO (which wouldn't surprise me) standard vitamins give +5 when your pokemon is between 0-99 points, +3 from 100-199, and +2 from 200-255. (not accounting for soothe bell)
However, those vitamins also raise EVs. Since what Rigamorty is proposing wouldn't affect stats, just happiness, it seems logical to me that the happiness increase should be significantly boosted. IE, perhaps 0-99 it gives +10, 100-149 +5, 150-199 +3, and become not usable at 200+. That would allow them to raise happiness to ~78%, which means getting to 87%/100% would still require some effort, as no vitamin should be able to do everything for you. However it would provide a much more time-practical method, and another source to sink our money into. 

• 2 weeks later...

This would make return, frustration, happiness evolutions, and trading comps much more easily accessible

Also throwing sad stones at pokemon to make them hate you sounds like fun :3

+1

Then what would be the point? They're made this way to be challenging and not to be effortless to get. I feel like you guys are just lazy.~ I don't like this idea. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this.

With the nerfed money it'll be a pain to raise happiness with vitamins/berries.

My suggestion is to add a consumable item, the Happy Stone, that let a pokemon holding it to keep its happiness level when traded. After the trade the stone disappear.

• 5 months later...