[Story] I Just Want To Sleep

It happens every night. That strange knocking upon my door. The sliding of letters under the door cracks with strange symbols on them and the giggling. At first, I thought it was just my friend next door who sneaks in and plays tricks on me. Until he moved away to Pewter and it continued. I called the authorities and they said no one had seen anyone, it hadn't happened to anyone else and my doors along with my windows didn't show any breaking and/or forced entry. 

It's been keeping me up all night. It happens every day at 3:33AM. I even left my door open one night to see if I could catch them. But nothing showed up. I figured if I left it open while I slept, I should be okay. 

But I wasn't. I wasn't okay. The door closes by itself, and the giggling commences. It's driving me insane. I stopped eating. I stopped drinking. I'm too afraid to sleep at night. 

I just want to sleep.

I spoke with the Professor next door, he told me it could be a stray pokemon. Gastlys were known for their hauntings and the such. I wasn't as convinced. So I moved. Cerulean seemed like a nice enough place. An apartment on the fifth floor across the street from a busy pub made the noise seem peaceful. For the first time in months, I had managed to get some rest.

Then it happened. A shrill screech, like something from a bad snuff film. I startled awake to see my bedroom door jammed into the wall, a hovering figure with a dark face and a wide twisted and cracked smile, standing menacingly in the threshold, it's aura radiating a dark red. I locked up, I couldn't move, my body went cold and my blood shot down to my feet. Everything before me suddenly slowed to a stop. No pub noise, no shrills, just my heart beating. The figure lunged at me, and all I could remember was jumping from that fifth story window. 

----

I woke up at my apartment, face flat on the table feeling like I had been hit by a big rig with no brakes. It was 3:23 in the morning. I was tired, too tired to care when and how it happened. I sluggishly made my way to my bedroom, before I realized I saw something standing at my doorway giggling. I quickly darted across the hall and hid in my workroom. When I peeked back out, I noticed it had vanished. I heard a slight crumpling noise as I dug into my pocket and located a letter with strange symbols. I quickly jumped awake from the item, my heart thumping in my throat as the symbols formed letters "SLIDE IT UNDER". I walked slowly down the hall as though possessed, and slid the letter under my bedroom door.

Then I giggled. 

• Kizhaz locked this topic