Expiration Date on Teams

fredrichnietze

Question

Then perhaps its time to make team names visible on the players card and make those visible if they aren't already.

Yeah or we could not add all that extra work and just leave team tags next to our names the way they are...

EDIT: Double post of peace

Having a 4 unique character limit on team names is just terrible it limits teams far to much.

I agree, and I agree with the OP, but I do not agree with making team tags non-existent or allowing duplicates. 

The monthly fee on a name/tag is reasonable though, and i think that'll clear up a lot of possible tags.

that's about as bad an idea as allowing duplicate tags. 

I for one know that I am constantly recognized for my team tag. There are often times when I'll be standing around Viridian and I'll see a teammate end a duel and a person after may go "Oh you're in that team, no wonder I lost" Without that tag, or without the exclusivity of that tag all that sense of pride would be easily diminished. 

Given that I am a little biased to agree with Morty on this one being that we're in the same team, but he is absolutely right. In the veteran ranks of the PokeMMO world, there are definitely teams that stand out among the rest (Aesthetics, Wailord, Bushido, VVVV, Bong, FYS just to name a few) and i think it would be some kind of crime to allow these teams' tags to be copied over. If some noob cant get in to MISC and decides to make his own team with the same tag and goes along losing to anybody and everybody he faces, draws bad publicity, or is just being stupid in general, it just hurts the original team. 

To conclude, duplicate tags are bad mkay

We'll probably start pruning teams either next update or the one after.

As we're doing some economic reworks, the team fee will suddenly become more restrictive than you think. I don't really want to adjust it at this time.

The changes that I'm thinking of off the top of my head, however, are:

• Allowing duplicate team tags

what a terrible idea wtf is the point of being in a team if some random jimmy can come stand beside me,spend 10k and suddenly appear to be in the same team as me?

how you can even entertain the thought of doing this boggles my mind

Isn't the point of a team to be in it with a group of your friends?  Who cares what some random outside the team thinks because they were to quick to judge you before checking or knowing better thanks to some bad player trying to imitate you.  You would know better and anybody that should matter would know better.

I do think I can understand a little better where you are coming from though, I may not agree with it personally however I probably wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't changed anymore.  I still think its all silly.

Isn't the point of a team to be in it with a group of your friends?  Who cares what some random outside the team thinks because they were to quick to judge you before checking or knowing better thanks to some bad player trying to imitate you.  You would know better and anybody that should matter would know better.

Thats part of the point of teams, but there is a rather significant notoriety factor as well.  You are in a team in an attempt to be recognized both for your own merits and for your team's reputation.  This weakens your team's reputation.

^

riga funnily enough when i first started playing competitively that exact thing happened to me and i said those exact same words lol teams are recognized by their tags and as danno pointed out its all about reputation...you immediately judged by what team you in...ever hearda the ol saying guilty by association?most competitive players are just that,competitive,and as such they not only wanna be the best but wanna be in the best team....and as for taking the tags away all together its as dumb of an idea as the duplicate tags..the rental idea I think is good and has real merit though.

If you allow duplicate team names, then there will be impersonators. Each team should be unique in its own way in my opinion. And I love the idea of paying a fee, just make it where you can pay in advance for a time frame. 5000P$ for a month, 15000P$ for 3 months, etc. Also allow other members to chip in if they decide to keep it alive. This way, you can say that the team must be supportive in communication, play time, and reputation, as these should be characteristics of a team I feel.

The solution I see for this is to solve it before it becomes a problem. I think it's way too easy to make a team, and it shouldn't be like that.

Why? Every day, EVERY day. I see some random "noob" in global-chat advertise his team, brag about it and mass-recruit. It might be a nice team with plenty of cool teammates, sure. However, we all know that most new teams end up dying the next week or month. A leader who quits can often lead to a chan-reaction of quitting members, some might hop off and join in on another team, but for the most part it takes away some of the joy in the game to lose many of your "closest friends".

A solution? Make it "extremely hard" to make a team for a new player. Perhaps make the fee as high as $300 000, if not higher (pretty, please). This would solve many of the before-mentioned problems and "noobs" like me, i.e., won't make their teams the 2nd day of playing the game. (Yes, I actually made my team that early, but in my defense I tend to play games 'til they seize to exist.)

I believe this won't only solve problems that has been discussed in this chat, but it will keep more players active and interested in the game. I remember how hard it was for me, StephNLM and Duskranger to get into breeding, but we're sick "no-lifers" (not really) who wanted to build an "empire" from scratch ;) If newer players were "forced" to join more settled and experienced teams, they'd have a higher "survival-rate". I know plenty who's received help from me and other players who can vouch for this.

As a side-note, I would like to add that my suggestion would require more room in teams / alliance-chat for sister-teams / officer-chats.