Expiration Date on Teams

fredrichnietze

Question

How about take it further and each month you have to pay a fee to keep it open. I do believe the fee should be substantially high and anyone in the team can pay the fee

you mean poke$ not irl right? and yeah i'd be game for that but im not sure if the whole community would

I like the idea of paying a fee.

Though I think it should be paid by the leader, should cost as much as creating a team (which is totally cheap, really).

I mean, what's a team with an inactive leader anyway. Active members usually just disband and make a new team together.

A monthly fee, it can be paid anytime within the month, with a whole month deadline if you don't pay.

Say you create your team on september 15th. On october 15th, you'll have to pay the fee. You'll have until november 15th.

You can pay the next fee starting november 15th already if you have the funds.

Or we can go by 1st of the month.

Thank you :D

Really though sorry for such a blunt response. 

My feeling is that no team should be deleted because you are deleting their memory, you know? i mean. all the good times they shared, the rep they built the bla bla, you know?

What about the teams of random players who lasted less than a week and never had good times, built a reputation or did anything even a little significant?  If a team goes inactive long enough then they can be remembered on the forums or by people who were around, but there is no reason to keep others from using these team name/tags imo.

Yeah, the price for creating the team is beyond cheap. This fee would be nothing to any active team leader who really invests in the game, and really the right to own a team should only be given to active players who have at least a minor following. I mean what is the good in having a one man team and the one guy never plays, it just takes up a team name and a team tag. A fee or expiration date is really necessary in my opinion.

My feeling is that no team should be deleted because you are deleting their memory, you know? i mean. all the good times they shared, the rep they built the bla bla, you know?

I must agree with you.

Sometimes people from my team showed up.

I was the only one who stayed for more than 3 months but it was great to see when people where just checking by.

few words traded and i didnt see them for quite some time.

Im was the only one on the team, but i never left it

I must agree with you.

Sometimes people from my team showed up.

I was the only one who stayed for more than 3 months but it was great to see when people where just checking by.

few words traded and i didnt see them for quite some time.

Im was the only one on the team, but i never left it

yeah but your still active and on the team, we are talking about teams that have no one on them at all and teams that disbanded ect.......

yeah but your still active and on the team, we are talking about teams that have no one on them at all and teams that disbanded ect.......

i know some cases of people who left for a month. 

i even know some people who doesnt come online on vacations.

so... yea. i agree with you. But maybe only one month its a very short period.

i know some cases of people who left for a month. 

i even know some people who doesnt come online on vacations.

so... yea. i agree with you. But maybe only one month its a very short period.

eh~ maybe, im not sure about the month part but your the only person who has said that so far. the idea is if any members on in the time frame it doesn't expire or if any members pay the fee it doesn't expire and what team really has less activity then that and can be considered active?

I'd say you can pay the 'expiration fee' in advance if you'd like, so if you know you'll be away for a while but want to preserve your team just pay for the next year or whatever

maybe 2 months or something but paying for a whole year at a time is a bit much i think

We'll probably start pruning teams either next update or the one after.

As we're doing some economic reworks, the team fee will suddenly become more restrictive than you think. I don't really want to adjust it at this time.

The changes that I'm thinking of off the top of my head, however, are:

• Allowing duplicate team tags
  • Probably allowing Latin-extended charset into the team names/tags (Latin Extended-A / Latin Extended-B codeblocks)
I also like the idea of a constant rent fee, although this has the potential to grief team members if their leader suddenly disappears for an extended amount of time. Would probably restrict the payout to Officer+ or allow every member to contribute to the fee directly. Not sure about this; We'll need to compile more economic data before doing so.

We'll probably start pruning teams either next update or the one after.

As we're doing some economic reworks, the team fee will suddenly become more restrictive than you think. I don't really want to adjust it at this time.

The changes that I'm thinking of off the top of my head, however, are:

• Allowing duplicate team tags
  • Probably allowing Latin-extended charset into the team names/tags (Latin Extended-A / Latin Extended-B codeblocks)
I also like the idea of a constant rent fee, although this has the potential to grief team members if their leader suddenly disappears for an extended amount of time. Would probably restrict the payout to Officer+ or allow every member to contribute to the fee directly. Not sure about this; We'll need to compile more economic data before doing so.

For the same reasons as Rigamorty I'm not a fan of the duplicate team tags, if a team is active they deserve to have the reputation for whatever they've done, and not for what a team with the same tag has done.  I would be okay with 'sub teams' that would share a team tag (I think this got suggested somewhere).

The second part sounds great, would really help with naming teams and not having to deal with all the 'good' names/tags being taken.

If there was a 'rent' of some sort I'd want all members to be able to chip in (you never know when the leader might go away, and depending on how they have things set up there may be few/no officers).

EDIT:

I'd also like to see some method of, for lack of a better word, impeaching an inactive leader or something.  I don't want a way for a majority vote to kick the leader/officers (can you say alt accounts) but if a leader is inactive for xxx days there should be a time period where team members can put their names in for consideration or something.  This idea would need a little more thought put into it though, it just popped into my head.

I really hate the idea of allowing duplicate team tags. I'd figure that wouldn't even be considered, especially with one of the newest things added to the terms of service being one against making impersonating names. 

This.. Duplicate team tags is a bad idea. increase the character count or purge inactive teams, but dont let teams unrelated to each other in any way at all share a tag.

Or just remove tags.

that's about as bad an idea as allowing duplicate tags. 

I for one know that I am constantly recognized for my team tag. There are often times when I'll be standing around Viridian and I'll see a teammate end a duel and a person after may go "Oh you're in that team, no wonder I lost" Without that tag, or without the exclusivity of that tag all that sense of pride would be easily diminished.