Want to get active in the comunity!

Hey everyone! My name is Cedric, or on Pokemmo: CedricMckinney / Cedrickyle.  I have been playing for 3 months now and have been addicted the whole time, however lately I have found it to be a bit more boring, I have beaten the game, collected most pokemon, trained a lot of pokemon and it is like any other of my games at this point.  Now I want to use all the features of Pokemmo to their fullest.  I currently don't trade with people, hardly ever even talk to them or battle and I am not even using the fact it is an MMO, I have no idea how teams work or anything else that is diffrent from the normal game for that matter, so if you all could help me out here and show me what else Pokemmo has to offer I would love it. Thanks!  :)

Something that would keep you busy and get you started using the game more as an MMO would be getting in to the competitive scene, most people battle each other at tournys in which the goal is to win ofc. Here I would recommend you to get to know about "IVs", "EV-training", "Natures", and different "Roles" of the Pokemon(sweepers/walls/annoyer/support etc.) you can google it all, or find it as threads in the Guide Tavern

The idea is to create the "strongest" team.

Thanks for the heads up, And also for the links, I had mo idea there was so much to training pokemon.  I knew that you get diffrent evs by beating diffrent pokemon but I thought it was a good idea to try and keep all my evs the same (85), however reading about it that seems to be a bad idea. So if I want to get a competitive Pokemon I have to find the pokemon I want, and that should be an "OU/BL" pokemon, say Charzard, with the right nature like say mild, to help boost its special attack since most of the moves it lears are considered special attack, I then want to train its EVs to get its special attack as high as it goes?  And what about IVs, with those are some mild Charzards IVs higher then other mild Charzards or all they all the same? and does it matter if you train the evs at a lower level rather then higher? Not to mention what about Pokemon like Tyranitar, It is both Ground which is normal attack along with Dark which is Special attack, so whould you train those two EVs at the same rate?  I still dont think I quite get this, and if someone could help me to I whould be very greatful.  Now aside from that, what are teams? What is their purpous and why whould you join one? 

P.S. Thanks a million for the help guys!!

I'm kinda in a hurry but i will try make it short

EVs: you have a total of 510, and you can give up to 252 in each stat(you can find the evs on your pokemon in 3rd tab in the window for the pokemon - i think its 3rd lol not online to check now) but if you have a pokemon with strong attack, you would like to train it in attack. https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/26208-guide-ev-training/

Natures: natures will boost/reduce the stats of your pokemon by 10% +/- http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

IVs: are like the genes of your pokemon, they can be calculated with an IV calculator and goes from 0-31, where 31 is the best - those make a huge difference. They can be calculated by putting in the EVs, nature, stats, pokemon and level in a calculator like this: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php

You want all those things to fit together so if you had a pokemon like heracross, which obvoiusly is physical, and will never be using speciel moves, you would prefer "adamant" nature or at least a +atk nature, also high ivs in the attack and decent(but as high as possible in all other stats. And then EV train it in attack and most would also do speed EV to hit first. 

Also you want to balance your team to the META-game but that will take some tim to find out so thats just trying out different combinations. - you could try google pokemon matches with people commenting on them to get some inspiration. There might be some here to say more about it, but as said im in a hurry atm.  ;) Anyways i hope this helped, if not - google is srsly your best friend lol.

Teams: there is teams only doing competitive battling others mostly trading to get richer. If you want to get in to comp battling i would recommend joining a comp team they will most likely help you a lot with all your  questions to comp battling. you can find all the teams here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/25-the-round-table/ try take a look at them. if you have more questions i will gladly answer them a little later. Good luck.

PS. I love being in a team. Lol  :P

Sorry for the spelling and "short" answers. - time was really short. 

To give an example a heracross with 0 evs, 0 ivs and - attack nature in level 50 will have 117 attack stat, but with 31 IV, 252 EV and + attack nature will have an attack stat at 194. As you can see its a huge difference.