[Guide] EV Training and IV Info

Hello there guys, welcome to my EV Training and IV Info guide. If this is your first time reading this and you maybe new so if that is the case then please click here to have a good understanding of what EV's are. First up is the EV's training (In depth) info.

[spoiler]Now as I presume most of you reading know, there are 510 EV's that can be added onto a Pokemon, the maximum is a 252 limit on one stat which is equivalent to a total of 63 considering for every 4 EV's on one stat it shall rise by 1 point, However...Maybe you knew this, maybe you didn't, for example if I had an Adamant (+Attack -Special attack) Heracross and I EV trained it in Attack and Speed so a Spread of 252Attack and 252Speed Heracross's Attack wouldn't go up by 63, it would go up to 69 as It's Attack + Nature Helps it grow extremely more than the average, where as Speed would still only gain 63 due to the fact of Heracross not having any + Speed bonus in it's Nature Where as if instead I took it all off Attack and put it all on Special attack (Dumb idea to do so just saying), then the maximum points added on would be 57 and not 69 so between these two differences there is a difference of 12 points as Adamant's special property is increasing the Attack stat of the user by +10% as it grows but Adamant's negative property is reducing the user's Special attack by -10%. Now for those of you who play competitive level 50 Battling you may or may not have noticed that the stat you put 252 EV's in has not risen by 63/69/57 this is because the Pokemon actually gains more of it as it Progresses on with growing (leveling up) I'm positive (correct me if I'm wrong) that Pokemon level 50 or under being EV trained or not will only gain half the points from 252 EV's and not the full 63/69/57 this is actually also most likely why level 50 Pokemon's IV's are not always accurate due to the fact that the Pokemon is still growing.[/spoiler]

I sincerely hope you found this helpful if not then I'm very sorry. Next up is the IV explanation Process and my extensive finds over the time I've played competitive battling.

[spoiler]So IV's are very complicated things to get your head round at first, but once you've took the time to explore them it's very simple. So for starters as you may or may not know of course every single Pokemon to existence has IV's and they are all different, IV's consist of a range from 0 to 31 The more closer a stat's IV is to 31 the better...However, IV's can change just by putting some EV's on the Pokemon, Sometimes they can change for better and sometimes they can change for worse there isn't really an accurate way to get the perfect Pokemon. Now for those doing level 100 Pokemon battling, you may or may not know this but IV's consist as a single digit at that level for example. If I had a Impish Skarmory level 100 It's IV's where brilliant and fantastic (Basically godly) but if you configured around with the EV's on Skarmory and took for example 4 off Defense (It has 31 Defense IV) and it's base stat was 350 and then the IV reduced by 1, it would become 349. I don't why it's like this but it's through a lot of time working with 50's and 100's and 50's are especially more hard to get around considering a lot of people struggle with finding a 50's Hidden power because the IV's are not accurate at that level, now I think for every 2 IV's the stat goes up by the Base stat rises by 1 (I've always thought this was because it's due to the fact that it's half the level until it's fully grown). IV's will always be a complicated thing, for finding out a Pokemon's IV's you can use Psypokes IV calculator or there are a couple of automatic IV calculator''s that have been made for everybody's use on the forums[/spoiler]

Like I said Hope you found that helpful, sorry if you didn't I'll admit myself it came as a huge shock to me when I tried to learn about all this but it all eventually soaks in. Thanks for reading hope this helped you and hope you all enjoy yourselves :)

If you would like to discuss any further details then PM me or Add me in game IGN: hydroimpact

I had a very hard time reading the first spoiler. Please use capital letters for words in the beginning of a sentance and proper punctuation.

Contentwise, I found it extremely confusing. (I know what EV's and IV's are). But the way you explain them doesn't make much sense to me.

Your section about IV's is pretty wrong. You state that an IV is a range between 0-31 whereas in reality an IV is a NUMBER between those values. Changing EV's has NO impact on an IV at all.

Next time before writing a guide, make sure you know the exact facts yourself. Now you are just confusing newer players even more.

I had a very hard time reading the first spoiler. Please use capital letters for words in the beginning of a sentance and proper punctuation.

Contentwise, I found it extremely confusing. (I know what EV's and IV's are). But the way you explain them doesn't make much sense to me.

Your section about IV's is pretty wrong. You state that an IV is a range between 0-31 whereas in reality an IV is a NUMBER between those values. Changing EV's has NO impact on an IV at all.

Next time before writing a guide, make sure you know the exact facts yourself. Now you are just confusing newer players even more.

This guide is for already experienced players, which is why if a new player does decide to read this I put a link to a basic EV guide to get them to understand before they learn anymore, I used capitals when starting a new sentence you have obviously thought the commas where full stops and changing EV's does have an Impact on IV's and if you don't believe me experiment, and you've found it confusing because you've never actually noticed these changes.

This is written poorly and hard to follow, and I understand EVs/IVs quite well. You also have inaccurate statements in there. Also, advanced players don't need this kind of guide

I understand EV's and IV's well too, sorry if you think it's poorly written and hard to follow I'm not a pro at writing but I tried my best explaining it at the end of the day, and they may seem inaccurate to you but then If that's the case I would at least like another point of view or understandable statement as to why for example all Lvl50 Pokemon don't have all the EV points added on to their base stat etc. I can't help any other people realize it anymore I mean when people just hatch eggs and train them into Comp 50's they never stop to think about the (in detail) changes they've undergone

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 24/8/2013 at 2:00 PM, hydroimpact said:

if I had an Adamant (+Attack -Special attack) Heracross and I EV trained it in Attack and Speed so a Spread of 252Attack and 252Speed Heracross's Attack wouldn't go up by 63, it would go up to 69 as It's Attack + Nature Helps it grow extremely more than the average, where as Speed would still only gain 63 due to the fact of Heracross not having any + Speed bonus in it's Nature Where as if instead I took it all off Attack and put it all on Special attack (Dumb idea to do so just saying), then the maximum points added on would be 57 and not 69 so between these two differences there is a difference of 12 points as Adamant's special property is increasing the Attack stat of the user by +10% as it grows but Adamant's negative property is reducing the user's Special attack by -10%.

i didnt knew this ^^

On 24/8/2013 at 2:00 PM, hydroimpact said:

Now for those of you who play competitive level 50 Battling you may or may not have noticed that the stat you put 252 EV's in has not risen by 63/69/57 this is because the Pokemon actually gains more of it as it Progresses on with growing (leveling up) I'm positive (correct me if I'm wrong) that Pokemon level 50 or under being EV trained or not will only gain half the points from 252 EV's and not the full 63/69/57 this is actually also most likely why level 50 Pokemon's IV's are not always accurate due to the fact that the Pokemon is still growing.

i didnt understood this...what u mean by half?

ah i read it all of it, i kinda understood what u mean, thank you for ur effort but u should rly rush in and correct some grammar mistakes in there because u really forgot some words in there, and u need to add some paragraphs, commas and do something about this green because some people have problems with their eyes and they wont be able to read it properly or at all.

P.S: Im just giving some advices to you, dont get me wrong or feel negative, its rly nice to see ppl get motivated and put the effort you've put but honestly its just how these things work in writing :P i give u my thumps up.