PokeMMO Event Discussion: Friday Night Fifties (September Edition)

Emlee

Lets be honest though, there probably won't be a good system of tournament registration until they implement some sort of in game mechanic for tourney hosting, and some sort of ladder system. Then it'll be easier to host tournies (just 1 overseer and the game autorefs for clauses you input) and there will be 'ranking' tournies that you need to participate in to get into the big tournies like SNH, WND, FNF etc.  Or at least this is how I hope they go for it, otherwise RNG, internet speed and luck will continue to affect who does and doesn't get to participate in events.

Unfortunately time wise I cannot do a 6v6 and 64 man tournament, so it  needs to be one or the other. I picked 6v6 because I do enjoy the format and I believe it correlates much better with the awarding of master's invites than a 4v4 does. The move from 6v6 was largely based on listening to the community's feedback.

As for the randomized registration is was a decision made, and the best I can do is shorten the registration time block, which I have down to 3 hours. I am all open for further registration suggestions (as always) but I am unable to move back to the previous registration method. 

Some people need to be grateful that the staff actually run things like these for the players.

They don't have to.

If they don't this game will just die out, what.

Yes we can be grateful, but when some things are obviously flawed we can and will complain about it. That has nothing to do with being grateful.