[Denied]vanity items for pokemon

McChamp

Wouldn't it be cool to have like accessories for pokemon because honestly i wish i could put a top hat and a cape on my pokemon and make them look epic, Everyone is probably gunna be like "SHUT UP YOU DUMMY," but i thought it doesn't hurt to hear everyone else's opinions on this topic. 

this guy has less then 10 post and i thought it was a good idea so i starting it here discuss. original thread https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/30127-random-thought/#entry483538

Leave this for until Beauty contests and stuff of the likes are implemented. Right now, this is something that would probably take way too long to do when there are stuff that deserve priority over this, for example, finishing the game entirely, fixing bugs, working abilities, etc.

Leave this for until Beauty contests and stuff of the likes are implemented. Right now, this is something that would probably take way too long to do when there are stuff that deserve priority over this, for example, finishing the game entirely, fixing bugs, working abilities, etc.

i actually agree with you, said the exact same thing on the first thread. it'd be cool but functionality> aesthetics 

The amount of work this would take is unrealistic.

Character Customization works because it is many images layered ontop of each other to produce the image of your character.

However - All of the character use the same base sprite, meaning they are the same size, and each shirt fits every character.

The Poke sprites however, vary entirely in size, meaning that not only would I have to place certain items on each frame as I do with Character Customization.

But I would need to adjust that item for every single species.

I'll put this into perspective;

Each Pokemon has 8 frames, and faces in four directions.

I'd need to make a sprite for each direction that it faces, and place each in the right position on each frame.

Then, I'd need to adjust the size of the item and the position of the hat for another 386 species, not including forms.

4 sprites per Pokemon;

That is  4x386 = 1544 sprites in total.

And I'd need to place these sprites on each frame every species has -

8x386 = 3088 times.

And this is for a single item.

I don't think the time involved is worth the outcome at all.