Instead of new bikes, how about a Segway?

guyverone

Question

How about a segway? It could be 1.5x walking speed or slow than the bike since i'm not sure of the speed of the bike off hand. It would be slower so you could have your pokemon follow you while you're on it. I would pay money for that, and I'm sure it would be much more appealing to players since not only do you move faster but you get to have your favorite pokemon out.

B)

12 answers to this question

<18:16:10> "Guyver": lol a segway that's slower than a bike that lets your pokemon follow you
<18:16:12> "Sanic": it's slower than walking
<18:16:17> "Sanic": wait
<18:16:20> "Sanic": that's decent
<18:16:30> "Guyver": #guyverfordev
<18:16:36> "Sanic": segway 1.5x speed of walking and let's pokemon follo
<18:16:38> "Sanic": follow
<18:16:47> "Sanic": gg 10/10 best idea 2013
<18:16:48> "Guyver": hear that darkshade?

Lobby teamspeak: Best place for your ideas ;-;

<18:16:10> "Guyver": lol a segway that's slower than a bike that lets your pokemon follow you

shhhhhhhhhhhh i was looking for the chat in ts so i can screenshot it lol

I'm not sure they're willing to put up with all the new sprites.

Depends how much there is to do.

If it's just 3 frames per direction, it may be possible. I don't know how their character customization layers work.

Also, why a segway? Many things might seem more fitting. Like a skateboard, or rollerblades.

Edit: Then again, I think people would only use the absolute fastest vehicle to travel around. Even if I owned it I likely wouldn't use it over the bike unless it worked indoors.

Segway PTs are driven by electric motors and can go up to 12.5 miles per hour (20.1 km/h).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segway_PT

Typical speeds for bicycles are 15 to 30 km/h (10 to 20 mph). On a fast racing bicycle, a reasonably fit rider can ride at 50 km/h (30 mph) on flat ground for short periods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_performance#Typical_speeds

The preferred walking speed is the speed at which humans or other animals choose to walk. In the absence of significant external factors, humans tend to walk at about 1.4 m/s (5.0 km/h; 3.1 mph)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preferred_walking_speed

The average long distance running speed of humans is 5 to 8 miles per hour. Humans sprint for short distance at about 12 to 15 miles per hour.

http://www.ask.com/question/average-human-running-speed

So if we accept that walking speed should be '3', and running speed should be '6' (no clue how this scales in PokeMMO) then the Segway speed should be ~12 and the Bike speed wouldn't be much more than that.  If these speeds get scaled realistically then there isn't much of a point. If we were to say fuck it and just assign arbitrary values then it would be somewhat useful, I guess, although I'm not sure it would be worth the programming time.  

I still think it'd be cool to just cruise on a segway though

I'm there from beginning to end and I didn't even notice this come up.

Stupid idea, but it makes me wonder why we can't have sprites follow us on bikes. Is it the speed? I'm sure there's some non-canon reason, but I don't know it!

I'm there from beginning to end and I didn't even notice this come up.

Stupid idea, but it makes me wonder why we can't have sprites follow us on bikes. Is it the speed? I'm sure there's some non-canon reason, but I don't know it!

Motorcycles will probably just look like bikes, but bigger and besides.........if we made snorlax follow up on our bikes it would lose weight and be useless lol

Well why not, a segway would work.. But i would rather want to be able to ride on my Rapidash instead ._.

Anyway, +1 :P

Ride on Rapidash?  Great idea XD!

There will be a new HM, called Gallop ( type normal, physics , power 80 = Strength ), 

Pokemon can learn this HM are rapidash, acarnine, rhyhorn, tauros... even venusaur, dodrio ,dragonite, salamence, pigeot.... lol

When ride on pokemon, we'll move as fast as riding bike ( players don't have pokemon  with Gallop will ride bike instead ! )

We can suft by pokemon, why couldn't we ride on pokemon ?   :lol:

p/s : It would be more wonderful if we could ride on our own pkm, not only one sprite like sufting XD