PokeMMO Event Discussion: Pori's Egg Crisis

Fabel

Why do all of the hundreds of battle contests get shiny pokemon but all events that don't revolve around having the state of the art competitive level 50 team only have hats as prizes. Why no master balls, shiny pokemon, second place prizes, TM's, etc. I would enter contests like these but you could just come second place in battle contests and get the same prize as first here. seems a little unfair to those who just wanna play casually instead of getting the perfect IV'd Skarm / bliss / salamence / Something else team at level 50.

/rant

Why do all of the hundreds of battle contests get shiny pokemon but all events that don't revolve around having the state of the art competitive level 50 team only have hats as prizes. Why no master balls, shiny pokemon, second place prizes, TM's, etc. I would enter contests like these but you could just come second place in battle contests and get the same prize as first here. seems a little unfair to those who just wanna play casually instead of getting the perfect IV'd Skarm / bliss / salamence / Something else team at level 50.

/rant

at least you get a chance to get a 500 RP hat of your choice (which is better than some other items that you get no choice with).. If you dislike the prize, you could just not enter...But honestly it is because this takes 0 time to do. I seriously did all the Eggs for the poster in like 4 days (only doing so many per day). And really it should not take a person more than 1 hour to really design it and submit it. 

And actually, Fabel's Trivia Contest had a shiny Psyduck as a prize....

Those Digimon eggs don't even hatch, they're catalysts for Armor Digivolution.

Actual Digimon eggs don't have bits and pieces jutting out, they're completely flat around the shell with patterns based on the kind of digimon (Bird, beast, devil etc)

Here's an image so you know what they look like, just in case people make entries that are actually Digimon eggs.

digieggs_for_mmd_by_blazeraptor-d588gui.

[spoiler]Sorry I just love Digimon and felt like bringing it up. The more you know[/spoiler]

Will you add the best sprites to the game?

Once, I wanted that to happen. However after knowing more about it I can tell you that would be nigh impossible. The game uses a single picture for all Pokemon Eggs (Except a Manaphy Egg, which is one of the reasons Manaphy are banned from this), so programming the Egg designs for each evolutionary line would be either impossible and/or extremely difficult.

the difference is they dont look as good

Pls, your eggs are the best so far. 

Once, I wanted that to happen. However after knowing more about it I can tell you that would be nigh impossible. The game uses a single picture for all Pokemon Eggs (Except a Manaphy Egg, which is one of the reasons Manaphy are banned from this), so programming the Egg designs for each evolutionary line would be either impossible and/or extremely difficult.

Well, I guess we can use the sprites in Trade Corner's shops.   :unsure:

Well, I guess we can use the sprites in Trade Corner's shops.   :unsure:

I used them in my Trivia Contest Prize descriptions for a bit. But I have since switched to all pokemon pictures, and have now been starting to use animated .gif files for the prizes' desriptions  :)