Experience Group in Pokedex

Oluthon

Question

14 answers to this question

Ha! I just saw somebody ask that in global, it's a little bit complex and the pokedex is pretty helpful already, but this would be a good addition in my opinon.

Yeah, id like to see this too.

Just the phrase "Experience Group" and a name: Erratic, Fast, Medium Fast, Medium, Slow, or Fluctuating.

From Bulbapedia: "Though the amount varies depending on species, always remaining consistent throughout an evolutionary family, a given amount of experience points will always set a Pokémon at the corresponding level."

I really like a concept of a 'learning' pokedex. The pokedex starts by knowing jack all, and only 'learns' something once you discover it in game. It won't display that it learns a move at XXX level until you have a pokemon that attempts to learn said move. Same for TMs/HMs, egg moves, etc. It won't display the egg group until you've bred the pokemon, and it won't display the exp until you've leveled one to 100.  Maybe this sounds like too much programming work, and it would be less convenient for players, but its more realistic and would be much more amusing for me and other players who would enjoy completing this.

I really like a concept of a 'learning' pokedex. The pokedex starts by knowing jack all, and only 'learns' something once you discover it in game. It won't display that it learns a move at XXX level until you have a pokemon that attempts to learn said move. Same for TMs/HMs, egg moves, etc. It won't display the egg group until you've bred the pokemon, and it won't display the exp until you've leveled one to 100.  Maybe this sounds like too much programming work, and it would be less convenient for players, but its more realistic and would be much more amusing for me and other players who would enjoy completing this.

I think that makes sense.

It gives me work to do, because I'm more of a collector/compeltionist than a battler.

It'll enable Atuan his all-knowing pokedex, but without revealing his tricks. He has to perform them at least once to have access to them later as a reminder.

Shouldn't the Pokedex learn all this stuff when you catch the Pokemon? It knows a lot of other data like biography, average height, average weight, footprint, area, etc.

things like height/weight/footprint/etc are all physical observations of the pokemon. I've always thought the dex should only include a pokemon in an area once you've found it in that area. Biography has never made sense, if you follow the premise that these pokemon are more or less unknown until the dex catalogues them.

It's an interesting idea. 

How about:

- to catch it in several location to unlock sounds fascinating but also kinda scarry (Karp). Maybe this can be caps by max catching in 10 locations to unlock all.

- moves: to unlock by lvlng sounds nice. Egg moves and TMs questionable if this works(maye should be unlocked on different way. Maybe by quest 😉 )