Lower the Surfing Encounter Rate

BrianLPZY

Question

I generally can move about two squares between fights, and other times, if I so much as press down -TO- move down, I won't even move, but I'll get into a battle in the very same spot I'm standing in. I know it's not just me either, because I've watched it take somebody like, 30 minutes to surf a 20 block radius D:

Along the same lines is the grass. Sometimes when you are forced to walk through grass, it's like getting mobbed. You have to fight 20 level 2 pidgeys just to get out of a 5 block area of grass.

13 answers to this question

I generally can move about two squares between fights, and other times, if I so much as press down -TO- move down, I won't even move, but I'll get into a battle in the very same spot I'm standing in. I know it's not just me either, because I've watched it take somebody like, 30 minutes to surf a 20 block radius D:

Along the same lines is the grass. Sometimes when you are forced to walk through grass, it's like getting mobbed. You have to fight 20 level 2 pidgeys just to get out of a 5 block area of grass.

Just buy some repels :P

I don't think the original encounter rate was as bad as this. This feels almost like a glitch at times. If you feel like you need to run into 7 pokemon on the same square area of grass, perhaps an Anti-Repel item?

To Orangeslash: "Oh, this completely useless post again" ._.;

Like repel?

repels. dont take away my spdef ev training spot. go away. ._.

lowering encounter rate of surfing wouldnt hurt ev training

hoppip isle 5, even better then tenta's. 

now that money has been nerfed and tenta % rates should be lowered as well as all water rates to that of land % or lower.