Client Customization Suggestions

1 hour ago, Linfanz said:

It's not possible for players to modify bike sprites at the moment. The current bike customisation options offered by the games are the different colour bike skins and the Motorcycle item from the Gift Shop. 

Thank you for the explanation. 

However, what if, per se, I was to use third party software to modify the ROM used to play MMO and edit the sprite from there? 

First off - is that a legal thing to do?
Second - Would it still be compatible with the client?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

我正在制作一个mod,我需要你的帮助.
丰缘地区的馆主等部分NPC和大部分npc的画风不一致,我希望做个mod统一下画风
但是遇到了问题,直接导入的素材过大,而32X32的像素图通过ps缩放又会失真,
所以我想向你咨询下,有没有一个代码能直接对素材进行缩放

To whom it may concern,
I am trying to make a MOD, it will be great if I can use some assistance from you. As we all know, some of the NPC figures from the Hoenn region have a different looking style, I would like to create a MOD to unify their lookings. I currently run into the following issue: I directly inplanted the picture but it appears to be too big. On the other end, the 32x32 picture will loose its definition after been shrinked by photoshop. Please let me know if there is a code that I can use directly to shrink the picture.

Sincerely,

75b3da1f5c6462506aecfd32151318f0.png

0030df828a6fd4a0d7e090cff45bf053.png

b7defde6b2b42a022ccb2c8739ea0eab.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was wondering if it was possible to create "worlds", where if you wanted to play with just your friends you could set one up and have a 4-digit code (or something)? The main reason for this is to have the randomizers be usable- one makes a "world", applies randomized rulesets to that "world" (or map, regions, however you would call it) And then anyone playing on that world gets the randomized effects... Not sure if that's possible though Lol

• 3 weeks later...

What is it you would like see customized/made?

Editable GUI for Android

How would you like to see it customized/made?

editable image files similar to the ones used for PC themes, packaged in folders or .mods 

Editable images for battling notifications over the trainers heads, editable menu buttons

the current ones are pulled from the rom files but it would be nice to have the option to change them by adding additional images, similar to breeding window images which only show up if referenced

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
optimize the fights against hordes so that they die all at once and not one by one.
also fix the sinister-type beating movement, which comes out weak against steel and earth, but the truth is that it is only weak against fight, sinister and fairy.
example when you attack Steelix that type steel and earth.

image.png.e6576a0bac97a02c07e6ae594c4ce840.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 12:39 AM, sumao said:

我正在制作一个mod,我需要你的帮助.
丰缘地区的馆主等部分NPC和大部分npc的画风不一致,我希望做个mod统一下画风
但是遇到了问题,直接导入的素材过大,而32X32的像素图通过ps缩放又会失真,
所以我想向你咨询下,有没有一个代码能直接对素材进行缩放

To whom it may concern,
I am trying to make a MOD, it will be great if I can use some assistance from you. As we all know, some of the NPC figures from the Hoenn region have a different looking style, I would like to create a MOD to unify their lookings. I currently run into the following issue: I directly inplanted the picture but it appears to be too big. On the other end, the 32x32 picture will loose its definition after been shrinked by photoshop. Please let me know if there is a code that I can use directly to shrink the picture.

Sincerely,

75b3da1f5c6462506aecfd32151318f0.png

0030df828a6fd4a0d7e090cff45bf053.png

b7defde6b2b42a022ccb2c8739ea0eab.png

You could remake the sprites from scratch if you REALLY wanted it to work. Giving you the ability to scale at your leisure. You could use "pixie" or "Aseprite". Thats odd though, I have never heard of downscaling causing LOSS of quality.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks!

Wow, thanks for this DREAM pokemon MMO.

I would like to give a suggestion: can we use Fire Red Game Boy Advance battle layout? I love it. I'm not much inclined of the current battle layout. 

If is possible to install a mod to do this or modify the battle layout for any other I would love to try it out please tell me how.

Good game for all of us

On 9/24/2020 at 11:12 PM, Silverwolf9k said:

You could remake the sprites from scratch if you REALLY wanted it to work. Giving you the ability to scale at your leisure. You could use "pixie" or "Aseprite". Thats odd though, I have never heard of downscaling causing LOSS of quality.

Hey I understand totally what him is thinking. The game Pokemon Mmo gave us a more detailed character (hair etc) for serve the needs of customization from all players of the world.

I agree with him that the characters got too big. I also prefer the characters layout from GBA even if it give us less possibilities of customization. 

Just in my opinion, imagine... if I could rate the game from 0 to 10 stars...

Id give 8 stars to this Pokemon mmo.

I removed 1 star because of the battle layout and 1 star because of the character layout.

Maybe I will remove 1 star later from the history when I play more of it

or maybe I will add a star or 2 for any reason I found

• 2 months later...

It would be really nice to have an option for disabling move effectiveness preview on the battle screen (aka not showing if a move is "super effective", "not very effective", "effective" "ineffective" or "status")

It's a really pratical aspect of the interface, at least I don't need much aesthetic changes. Just hiding or removing the text should be fine.

It seems like a rather simple change to do, yet I have absolutely no idea on how to do it.

Reference examples (optional):

Done in the simplest possible way, it would be something like this:

Custom.thumb.jpg.4e4337b990d2f183502541a7c03a50b0.jpg

(12/01/2020)EDIT: Ok I just figured out how to do it. In the folder "pokemmo/data/themes/default/res" there is a file named "effectivity_buttons_en". The effectiveness text displayed in-battle is on that image.

I opened up an image editor and erased the text, then replaced the original file (after a backup of course). I'll leave the image here:

effectivity_buttons_en.png.af01cbb796e4848cc7b4ea48169fc3c8.png(i hope it is downloadable like this)

The end result:

536371712_Screenshotfrom2021-01-1213-16-55.thumb.png.b1dfdcdbe98920430ab45b48333231b6.png

I can't believe that actually worked

~~I hope this is the right place to post this~~

Edited by Harmonia2Side
Found out how to solve the question stated and would like to post the solution on an edit
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and my friend have recently been working on making a theme for PokeMMO, We realised quickly that we aren't able to do a lot of the creative things we came up with, as the themes only work in a way that allows you to edit already existing UI features rather than add them, for example; 

• party.png?width=75&height=366

This is something we designed and as you can see it looks a lot different than the normal party indicator in game as when designing we thought it would be more user friendly to add a gender and level next to the sprite, this is just one of many creative changes we made to the UI in general and we ended up making a full Concept UI for our work which is visible in this section of the forums. We would love nothing more than to make this a reality as we're sure many people would enjoy this as we have already received some good feedback on our original forum post.

Unfortunately, as of right now all we can work with is the XML files in the themes and they are essentially just style sheets allowing us to add a general look to the already existing UI but not make any changes to it or introduce anything new. We really feel like this restricts creative work in such a upsetting way and would love if something could be implemented to re-work the way themes are made and the general customization we are allowed to do. 

My friend is more than sufficient in coding and designing and believes he would for sure be able to implement this if only he had the means to do so, we considered a mod and we are currently working on a theme but it is frustrating only being able to add bits and pieces of what we worked on due to lack of function. 

If anyone knows of any way we may be able to fully implement this or if one of the staff members/developers is able to give us some feedback on if this is possible or not or if there are any aspirations to change this in the future we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

(Here is the link for the Concept UI we made: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a sort of question and a suggestion in one go. I wanna know if the movie of Zekrom/Reshiram on the login can be replaced. I've looked for it, but didn't see it. Is it a file in the structure or is it pulled from the roms? If so, replacing the movie with something else should be cinch. If not, perhaps a means of playing movies behind the login page?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the HD, 3d battle sprite mods that were made. However, none of them are true to size. Significantly large pokemon are the same size as smaller pokemon. Is it possible to fix that? I suppose it would be impossible to fit a 7'3" tall dragonite into the battle window since it is a fixed size. 

• 1 month later...

I was digging around the XML while making a theme. In the future can you allow a null value or something to remove the tint that displays the type over the monster frame? 

I've been using dark backgrounds to hide the tint but would apreciate a way to disable it.

hUkkFLf.png

Example: Steel type has little to no tint on the background, I would like to apply it to every element type.

xG4y1fV.jpg

I want to remove the green tint on the background.

MKasoLm.png

Battle backgrounds and pokemon sprite sizes in battles

Would be great if they are more colorfull and like the older games. I think they were like that but now they are like 5th gen style (they look poor). Im a new player of the game and this is literally a reason that makes me not want to play.

The battle backgrounds looks like this

GUI] Trying to Move Battle GUI - Client Customization - PokeMMO

But they should definetly look like this

Mystery of Jumpeon Episode 1 - YouTube

Do you see the diference? Old ones looked more vibrant and olso de pokemon sprites are bigger. We can barely see the opponents pokemon in the new one

• 1 month later...