Client Customization Suggestions

Can someone make an Ethan patch?

Like in Gold & Silver/Heartgold & Soulsilver, you play these games with Ethan, the main character, and you travel through Kanto (this region) and Johto. All I'm asking is if someone could create a patch with Ethan as your character, because I've seen someone do a patch where you can play as Lucas. But Ethan is more fitting.

All the (In-Game used) sprites I could find on Bulepedia about Ethan:

(From left to right) When picking a character, when walking in-game, when battleing, on the VS screen.

Spr_HGSS_Ethan.pngEthanHGSSwalkdown.pngHGSS_Ethan_Back.pngEthanChallenge.png

Anybody can do it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the recent remembering of this rule:

- All client customization threads must contain at least one form of a "how-to"

A quick little copy-paste how-to could be added to the rules for everyone's convenience as well as maintaining consistency across threads.

One copy-paste for [GUI]

One for [iPS]

One for [Translation]

Since this isn't a 'customization suggestion' per se, more of a forum suggestion, feel free to hide the post after you read it Dark.

Regarding the recent remembering of this rule:

- All client customization threads must contain at least one form of a "how-to"

A quick little copy-paste how-to could be added to the rules for everyone's convenience as well as maintaining consistency across threads.

One copy-paste for [GUI]

One for [iPS]

One for [Translation]

Since this isn't a 'customization suggestion' per se, more of a forum suggestion, feel free to hide the post after you read it Dark.

You are correct. I plan on making one with the tutorial thread.

• 1 month later...

What is it you would like see customized/made?

The game's UI

How would like see it customized/made?

I'd like a UI based off of Persona 4's UI

custom_1226347935941_persona4_screenshot_053.jpg30tmfkl.jpg10p3dhc.jpg

176007-237208-Persona4jpg-620x.jpg

2j1wfbc.jpg

b99eug.jpg

Is there anybody you think would be able to/you would like see customize/make this?

The person who made the Phantasy UI or the person who made the Leafeon UI could probable do it well. I have some rips from the game of the health bars and text boxes and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

What is it you would like see customized/made? Pokemon and the UI

How would like see it customized/made? I want the pokemon to be in warrior outfits of a similar style to Pokemon Conquest

Is there anybody you think would be able to/you would like see customize/make this? Someone that is familiar with this game would be ideal, if they beat it, even better!

• 1 month later...

[i][b]What is it you would like see customized/made?[/b][/i]
The trainer card Image. It looks pretty bad when scaled up to its size and clashes with most custom GUIs.

[i][b]How would like see it customized/made?[/b][/i]
I would like to see a trainer card image that is editable via the same methods as the rest of the GUI is. This could be done by adding an image for it to the gui/res folder and making the game read from there, instead of the rom. It can use a simple trainer card for the default one, then it'd be up to whoever is editing their GUI to do on their own.

[i][b]Is there anybody you think would be able to/you would like see customize/make this?[/b][/i]
Anyone in charge of the GUI programming, really. Making a basic trainer card image shouldn't be hard at all.

[i][b]What is it you would like see customized/made[/b][/i]
An option to change the generic blue to red/green etc etc...

Very simple. Menu > Settings > Other (Or a new tab) GUI Colour > select colour.

[i][b]Is there anybody you think would be able to/you would like see customize/make this?[/b][/i]
The button would have to be made by the devs since it would require a little bit of programming but the for the actual GUI just about anyone who knows how to use a paint palette could do it.

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1360632259' post='194216']
[i][b]What is it you would like see customized/made[/b][/i]
An option to change the generic blue to red/green etc etc...

Very simple. Menu > Settings > Other (Or a new tab) GUI Colour > select colour.

The button would have to be made by the devs since it would require a little bit of programming but the for the actual GUI just about anyone who knows how to use a paint palette could do it.
[/quote]
This wouldn't work from a standard "let's just change the global hue of the skin with a toggle button" standpoint for at least 2 reasons that I can think of. 1. It'd mess up anyone who uses custom images in their skins, for example the people who may incorporate pokemon images into the skin itself, like the skin with the pikachu tail in the battle HUD, and 2. Some colors simply don't take well to being forced to another hue and it would mess them up and make some skins have clashing colors.

The only way this is really doable is if the person making the skin makes different color variants of the skin on their own, and then create a client update to allow people making their own skin have a global color "name" for each color variant, and for the client to read which is which one and change accordingly, which is pretty much the same system that all programs that allow multiple skins to be installed at once already do. It'd be the same as installing multiple skins and then just telling the game what one we want to use for now. THAT idea would be a lot more doable and practical for more reasons.

All that said, it's already possible for someone to make different color variants of their own skin that is completely changeable solely through replacing the login.xml file for say, a blue skin to a green version of the same skin. Provided they know what they are doing and put the work into it via manual XML editing or using TWL. I've already made a rough version of a second color of my own skin that I've been working on for a while just to confirm that the concept of alt colors via multiple login.xml files works, and it does.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]What is it you would like see customized/made?[/b]
[i][b]I[/b][/i][i][b] wan[/b][/i]
I kinda want to see if it would be possible for a island safari where we can catch the pokemon that don't fit in yet.

So people don't spend all their time on their seasonal pokemon done for the seasons have low spawn rates there where as you have a 1/100 chance of finding a smeargle, but a higher chance of finding non seasonal pokemon. And so people don't spend all day in there you pay £20000 a whack to go in for 1 hour if one types afk they are not registering their time there.

[i][b]Is there anybody you think would be able to/you would like see customize/make this? [/b][/i]

Idk I'm new to the forums and the only mod/admin I know of is desu cause he/she runs the thing and thats me looking at the changelog, if need be I'll design the map myself with an editor if I get a msg next time I'm on.