[Denied]Enroll In Forum To Create Account

This is more of a suggestion with hopes to improve the community of the game than the game itself. Day after day, I find myself answering questions in-game that are common knowledge to anyone who uses the forums. (IE, When is this going to be added? Is this pokemon Implemented?) 

I suggest that, in an attempt to at least lessen the amount of these questions and improve the understanding of the general population, a forum account be required to download the game. It wouldn't make it harder to start playing, we already have to sign up somewhere to play anyway. 

Here's how I'm thinking the process would go, roughly:
[spoiler]
Go to main page, click sign up, get redirected to forum sign up.
Choose a forum name and password, this is the info that would be original sign in info for game, with the option to change your password (of course).

In general or support (general I would imagine) a members-exclusive post would be pinned at the very top including the download link.
From here, everything would go exactly as it already does.
[/spoiler]
It might not make a huge difference, but at least it would put the forum in people's faces, so perhaps they would be more likely to use it.

Thoughts?

THIS. You have no idea how many times I have provided links to the forum for new players. If there was a way to make them browse the forum IN ANY small  WAY before playing the game, most of the simple questions they have would be answered.

The people who ask those kind of questions don't read forums or know how to google anyway.

Good idea in theory though.

<_<  you are too right...... But we can hope for change, can't we? And whats better than hoping for change? Taking steps towards it!

I'm just going to say, I didn't even know the forums existed until someone linked me to the Auto IV calculator.

I personally feel, though, that there has to be a better way to show the forums than forcing all new players to join the forums. I think that this would just push all / most of the repeat questions and newbie spam to the forums in General rather than in game where I can block them.

I don't agree with this, most of them end up joining eventually anyway. If you required them to use the forums too, then the forums would be flooded with the ridiculous questions that new players ask in places like global. Things like "what does Charmander evolve into" do you really think anyone wants to see these types of questions through out the forums too? I sure don't, it'll cause chaos.~ 

I don't agree with this, most of them end up joining eventually anyway. If you required them to use the forums too, then the forums would be flooded with the ridiculous questions that new players ask in places like global. Things like "what does Charmander evolve into" do you really think anyone wants to see these types of questions through out the forums too? I sure don't, it'll cause chaos.~ 

^This and as for trade corner, almost every post would be getting lowballed and you'd be seeing alot of threads like"WTT Dragon claw, taunt, and giga drain for 1 Lucky egg" it would be ridiculous. 

I don't agree with this, most of them end up joining eventually anyway. If you required them to use the forums too, then the forums would be flooded with the ridiculous questions that new players ask in places like global. Things like "what does Charmander evolve into" do you really think anyone wants to see these types of questions through out the forums too?

>Implying that it already isnt..

I think that this is a good Idea, I think the forum is the best place for the info people look for and if they are encouraged (forced) to use it, over time I think it benefits everyone. Potentially less cancer in the chats, more knowledgeable community, couldnt hurt to try. The pro's outweigh the con.  

I think its a good idea. It would introduce everyone to the existence of the forums (cuz a lot of noobs don't even know they exist) and would make it easier for knowledge and information to be passed on.

To people saying they don't think that people should be 'forced' to be on the forums - they won't be. Having a forum account =/= using the forums.

I probably wouldn't have played had I had to go through the hassle of making 2 accounts.  I only joined the forums because I thought the game was good enough to do so, be forced to beforehand, nah.

so make the forum account the same login as your in game account (not sure if this is possible) for the first account created

When the servers were down because of a DDoS a lot of people started to pop up in the forums. It was a fucking shitstorm, it was fucking annoying. Threads were being spammed everywhere... CHAOS. I just see this happening again if this would happen. But then again I could be wrong.

When the servers were down because of a DDoS a lot of people started to pop up in the forums. It was a fucking shitstorm, it was fucking annoying. Threads were being spammed everywhere... CHAOS. I just see this happening again if this would happen. But then again I could be wrong.

Well that was because they couldn't go in game and they wanted to know when the game would be back up. I don't think they'd start posting on the forums until at least a few hours into the game and they couldn't move the snorlax :L

Let's say the game does give you an alert that it has made a Forum Account and names it after the first character you made (or Account Name, [or however they decide to do it]) Do you really think the forum would be flooded? People won't even hit the H button to see if Legendary Pokemon are in the game. If the game Auto created your forum account when you started playing and you had clicked on the link in the help screen, wouldn't you have been at least happy that you didn't have to make an entire account and give them information they already have? You could have started in the forums without wasting time, instead of hitting the ground running.

^This and as for trade corner, almost every post would be getting lowballed and you'd be seeing alot of threads like"WTT Dragon claw, taunt, and giga drain for 1 Lucky egg" it would be ridiculous. 

There are already people like this in the Trade Corner. Whether you choose to just ignore the thread or not is your choice. I also would think that if many of these players who may have posted " threads like"WTT Dragon claw, taunt, and giga drain for 1 Lucky egg"", would become more educated with full access to the Forum. Not only that it would eliminate the "Do I have to make a Forum account, too?"

P.S. (To both of you)- I can see why you are hesitant and I can totally understand. At first; I agreed with you, but after thinking about it, I can see that it would be an addition that seems logical. Also, something I heard once has made me rethink many of my opinions on what should and should not be in the game:

Evolution... does not always mean progress. 

Evolution sometimes leads to an undesired vector.

It is arrogant for one to reject change because it is undesirable.

Rejection of change is the rejection of possibilities.

Allow diversity.

-Harald Hoerwick

I've denied this in the past, and will do so again. Not only is it silly, linking the forums' database to the game server's has huge security risks and performance implications that we are not going to take because players offend you by being generally ignorant on /global. This is an issue that community members can resolve themselves by working to educate new players, and if it's desired by the community, ostracising people who ask ridiculous questions in public.