[Tool] StepCounterHUD, Need testers

Okay so there are a few things I noticed:

1. After about 21 Cycles the counter was off by about 10-15% (hatched about 35 abras/ 7x21 cycles)

2. I can only use the arrow keys which I usually don't use. Assigning other hotkeys like WASD(qwerty) or ZQSD(azerty) don't seem to be working. (I use azerty)

3. Counter keeps counting whilst being immobile and walking into a wall. (not a big deal)

All counters I've seen, seem to be oriented around key pressing. Which is of course good enough if it's correctly adjusted.

This might be a stupid idea, or even impossible, but a step counter that uses the in-game grid & tiles would be way more accurate, wouldn't it?

1 > Well, this is exactly why I need help, to help me set the times intervals right ! were you always using the bike ? (or running, or walking) is it 10% less or 10% more ?

2 > that's weird, on my computer there is not such bug, can you try again, maybe with other keys ?

3 > this is due to the fact that I just count the steps based on the Keys activity !

and yeah,  your idea would be the best way, but I don't have the knowledge to do so yet

NOTE: this is without the update you did in the post above.

Haven't seen any other replies -sad face- this has so much potential. I tried the other counters as well, I prefer this one.

Okay so, arrow keys seem to be working the best. However the other keys work as well.

I tried out the most common keysets and they all worked.

IF you're using a bike, the counter seems to be off by -10%. (counts only 9k, when I did 10k+)

I use the long stroke at the bicycle path which is +- 146 tiles so I can count pretty accurate.

Anyway, I suggest a tick-off box instead of a bike-hotkey. (ex: F1) You pretty much have to restart the counter when you forget to dismount your bike in advance, because if you don't the counter thinks you're still on foot. Not a big deal though, it would just be easier IMO. Ticking it on/off gives more assurance.

Don't get me wrong, it's working. I use it every time I hatch a batch of 5 pokémon, and instead of getting the counter to 10k+ (21 cycles) I just wait for it to hit 9k-ish.

NOTE: this is without the update you did in the post above.

Haven't seen any other replies -sad face- this has so much potential. I tried the other counters as well, I prefer this one.

Okay so, arrow keys seem to be working the best. However the other keys work as well.

I tried out the most common keysets and they all worked.

IF you're using a bike, the counter seems to be off by -10%. (counts only 9k, when I did 10k+)

I use the long stroke at the bicycle path which is +- 146 tiles so I can count pretty accurate.

Anyway, I suggest a tick-off box instead of a bike-hotkey. (ex: F1) You pretty much have to restart the counter when you forget to dismount your bike in advance, because if you don't the counter thinks you're still on foot. Not a big deal though, it would just be easier IMO. Ticking it on/off gives more assurance.

Don't get me wrong, it's working. I use it every time I hatch a batch of 5 pokémon, and instead of getting the counter to 10k+ (21 cycles) I just wait for it to hit 9k-ish.

Have you tried lowering the bike interval in the option panel ?would be interesting to know exactly how much ms it takes on your computer to make a step

This is A+
Works great. The counter is not off by much. maybe 400-500 steps. 
But that is just 1 minute of more riding, I still have a highly respectable idea of how much further my eggs need until they're finished.

10/10

The UI is to-the-point, sleek, and simple. (the cute avatar doesn't hurt lol)

As far as recommendations I don't have many - but things that would be cooler. Would be placing Numbers:  ' xxxxx / xxxxx ' on the bars themselves
and have the 'Name' above the progress bar on the Tab.  

and perhaps off-topic but if you could place an Auto IV Calculator into the interface this baby would be my Go To UI. 

Either way I love it, but if you added an IV Calc and it ran in Full Screen. It would be godly.

This is A+
Works great. The counter is not off by much. maybe 400-500 steps. 
But that is just 1 minute of more riding, I still have a highly respectable idea of how much further my eggs need until they're finished.

10/10

The UI is to-the-point, sleek, and simple. (the cute avatar doesn't hurt lol)

thank you !

As far as recommendations I don't have many - but things that would be cooler. Would be placing Numbers:  ' xxxxx / xxxxx ' on the bars themselves
and have the 'Name' above the progress bar on the Tab.  

the only problem is : the progress bar is only 4 (or 5 don't remember) pixels high ...  not much place to put numbers ...

I could maybe place them above the bar, but then ... there would be no place for the name ...

and perhaps off-topic but if you could place an Auto IV Calculator into the interface this baby would be my Go To UI. 

Either way I love it, but if you added an IV Calc and it ran in Full Screen. It would be godly.

would this really useful ? there are already auto IV calc isn't there ?

(and I did not really looked into that part of the game play (wait ... WHAT ???))

I'm interested in using this, but I don't know how to open the application. I am on a mac, so I'm guessing to make it work for me is different. Do you know how I would do this?

humm.... sorry but for now, this is only available for windows (programmed in C#). so unless you know a way to make it work under Mac, you won't be able to use my soft sorry

humm.... sorry but for now, this is only available for windows (programmed in C#). so unless you know a way to make it work under Mac, you won't be able to use my soft sorry

Okay np. If I stumble across a way to do it, I'll share. Best of luck to your app.

Lots of potential here, but I have a minor suggestion or two..  and a bug report.

Bug report:
I can't use it with multiple monitors, its stuck on just one monitor (the primary one) and I'd love to be able to use it on my larger monitor!

Suggestion 1:
Firstly, I'd like to reiterate the idea that you add a button that lets us toggle the bike on and off manually. The only way to reset the behaviour is to restart the counter or the client.

Example one: if I start the calculator with the bike on, it thinks I'm walking, so when I start walking, it thinks I'm riding.

Example two: If I faint while riding, the counter doesn't know Ive fainted and still says I'm riding.

In both those cases,, being able to override the bike/walk mode would be excellent.

Suggestion 2:
Secondly, I know you have the egg counter set to run on cycles that we manually set, but why not use a database of values and a drop down box? Using a database like that you could actually make a fairly comprehensive breeding app, but that's another story/idea.

I made a quick database example, it contains the Dex ID, Name, Egg Groups, Cycles, Steps (original and pokemmo), Abilities and base stats
https://hostr.co/ipcHdPauTFvS (CSV) or https://hostr.co/MbYlpDGbsKT2 (XLS).

I removed a few stats and things that didn't really matter for this mod (as I was still compiling egg moves).

regards,
DrBoring

Edit: PS. look here or here for information on importing csv files into an sql database (if you're using C#)

PPS. If you want the FULL database with (most) egg moves included go Here, but please add me to the credits when using it in your work. I don't know if anyone has ever done it before (and released it), but feel free to let me know if there are things you want added.

Second edit: whoops put an old file there for the main database... current one is the latest.

Okay np. If I stumble across a way to do it, I'll share. Best of luck to your app.

Since your application is using Windows Forms, you could try running the app with Mono. Mono allows .NET applications (written in C# or VB.NET) to be ran on OS X and Linux. it's an open source re-implementation of the .NET framework. No recompilation required. The user would need to build/install it and then after that, they would run your app from the terminal by typing "mono *ProgramHere*.exe".

Nvm had no framework ...

anyway, I might still make a readme ! 

Lots of potential here, but I have a minor suggestion or two..  and a bug report.

Bug report:
I can't use it with multiple monitors, its stuck on just one monitor (the primary one) and I'd love to be able to use it on my larger monitor!

Suggestion 1:
Firstly, I'd like to reiterate the idea that you add a button that lets us toggle the bike on and off manually. The only way to reset the behaviour is to restart the counter or the client.

Example one: if I start the calculator with the bike on, it thinks I'm walking, so when I start walking, it thinks I'm riding.

Example two: If I faint while riding, the counter doesn't know Ive fainted and still says I'm riding.

In both those cases,, being able to override the bike/walk mode would be excellent.

Suggestion 2:
Secondly, I know you have the egg counter set to run on cycles that we manually set, but why not use a database of values and a drop down box? Using a database like that you could actually make a fairly comprehensive breeding app, but that's another story/idea.

I made a quick database example, it contains the Dex ID, Name, Egg Groups, Cycles, Steps (original and pokemmo), Abilities and base stats
https://hostr.co/ipcHdPauTFvS (CSV) or https://hostr.co/MbYlpDGbsKT2 (XLS).

I removed a few stats and things that didn't really matter for this mod (as I was still compiling egg moves).

regards,
DrBoring

Edit: PS. look here or here for information on importing csv files into an sql database (if you're using C#)

PPS. If you want the FULL database with (most) egg moves included go Here, but please add me to the credits when using it in your work. I don't know if anyone has ever done it before (and released it), but feel free to let me know if there are things you want added.

Second edit: whoops put an old file there for the main database... current one is the latest.

"BUG report" : this is actually not a bug, I made the form sticky. if you don't want it, just untick the box in the option panel, it will not stick to the primary screen at all but neather will it stick to the side of your second screen !

Suggestion 1 : 

I'll do something like that, in the meantime, you don't have to restart neather the client nor the counter, just click on another window than PokeMMO (the counter for instance, toggle the bike, and give back the focus to pokeMMO, the counter should then be right

Suggestion 2 : I could use that kind of stuff, but this would make this app a lot heavier !! 

and I think it should be another app doing this (I could merge the two latter but not at first !) but I need to look deep into breeding to understand all the components of its mechanism !

(I think someone must have made an easy tuto I could use to understand enough !)

And for the database, I hope you did not do this manually ! if so, I think you can stop right now, there are ways to get those data on websites with a correct mini - soft !

but I think I could use it for the other soft I'll try to do (but not now, I must prepare for my studies) it would provide me a good start, though to allow multilingual support I would use other web-sources !

You can also use wine bottler: http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ to convert it to a stand alone mac app that doesnt need to run via terminal

humm.... since it is a mac app, I can't try it, nor can I make a standalone app to download, can someone do one and tell me if this works ? (and give me the app to put to download ?)

Cheers for the information, I must have missed that little tick box option and Ill make sure I un-focus the window to reset the walking/riding.

I perfectly understand about making the app heavier, its probably the last thing you want at this point.

As to the database, that's a setup that I've had for a while. Its actually built off a number of sources and I'd never call it 100% accurate. Don't worry it's not something I'm actively making :P (I'm pretty sure there are other more feature complete databases out there)

As to wine bottler, I can always give it a shot and see if I can get it running as a stand alone app. I'll let you know if I have any success.

Could you be more specific ? For instance by giving the error you get ?

StepCounterGUI as stop working

Windows will try find the solotion in the internet

- Scearch the solotion online
- Close the program

btw the program doesnt even as a icon is that normal?

StepCounterGUI as stop working

Windows will try find the solotion in the internet

- Scearch the solotion online
- Close the program

btw the program doesnt even as a icon is that normal?

hum ... 

this is weird, I have no ideas why it happens, ... I'll try to look into that !

as for the icon, this is normal, I still havn't decided what it should look like, so if any of you have an idea ! just go on !!

would be nice if it had support for Windows XP!

it doesn't ? hum.... have you the last .net framework installed ? I think if XP can't have it, then this is why the app doesn't work ... can't be sure though, I don't have any XP computer set up ...