Why hello there!

Greetings aquaintances and friends in the making!  My in-game name is WhiteWonder but you may call me Wondy for short if you feel like it (Or whatever I guess as long as I know it's directed towards me and isn't any type of trolling).  My real name is Austin and I'm from the United States.  I'm 24 years old and currently unemployed (unfortunately).  With a lot of down time on my hands it gives me plenty of time to get my grind on in the Pokemn world.  I was so excited when I realized that a PokeMMO had finally been created, and jumped on the opportunity as quick as I could.  And by quick I mean within the past week (Not quick enough, I know).  I've been a die hard gamer all of my life, and Pokemon brings up much of my childhood memories of being in the 4th grade and being told we were no longer allowed to bring Pokemon cards to school anymore because they were distracting many of us young men from school work.  That, and I remember hacking Pokemon Red to catch a Mew, and dominating my neighbors anytime we would battle via system link.  Basically what I'm trying to get at here is Pokemon took up much of my childhood from around the 4th grade to the 8th grade (Red/Blue to Gold/Silver?)  It was so fascinating and a fresh concept to me on what an RPG can be.  Today, Pokemon gives me comfort in it's nostalgia

That basically sums up my past relationship with Pokemon as a game, which brings me to today and what I've experienced in PokeMMO, a first of it's kind.  So I've only been playing for about a solid week now, all I remember is starting sometime early this week, the rest has been a blur of grinding and questions.  Oh, so many questions.  Most of the people I've encountured in game have been for the most part friendly and troll free.  As a nub I expected to have questions, but nothing an experienced RPG fan of my likes couldn't handle.  Boy was I wrong.  So much has changed since the days of Red/Blue and even Gold/Silver.  With IVs and EVs, personalities and so on.  You get the jiff of what I'm saying.  So I've downloaded the IV calculator, read up on some guides, and am still learning and soaking in as much information as possible and doing my best to retain it.  In my opinion this level of depth is what makes this game worth it.  With so many different variants to PokeMMO and methods of playing, whether competitively or pre end-game or whatever you pro's call PvE on here.  I'm enjoying myself.  Alot.  Thanks to anyone who replies to this thread and to those who read.  I look foward to meeting anyone and everyone who I encounter in game.  See you soon!