PokeMMO Event Discussion: Free-For-All Tournament (August 13th)

Are you retarded?

Did you see a condition for crowing first place? I didn't and there is no outline as to how the tournament will flow. So again, how is the winner decided exactly? Is it last man standing or something else? There are 64 contenders and 7 referees in a bracketless tournament, so how is this supposed to work? Are the refs there in case a player requests one or do they have to watch a match? If they have to watch all the matches this could take a while, even in 1v1, if players can't duel without a ref watching.

Did you see a condition for crowing first place? I didn't and there is no outline as to how the tournament will flow. So again, how is the winner decided exactly? Is it last man standing or something else? There are 64 contenders and 7 referees in a bracketless tournament, so how is this supposed to work? Are the refs there in case a player requests one or do they have to watch a match? If they have to watch all the matches this could take a while, even in 1v1, if players can't duel without a ref watching.

This will flow like every other 64 contender match. It is named Free-For-All because it's 1v1 (x64).

No banned pokes?

I've been told to ban some, not ban any. Right now, I'm not banning any because level 10 is not a meta, and this is a gimmick tourney.

I would love to hear as to what Pokemon should be banned and why.

This will flow like every other 64 contender match. It is named Free-For-All because it's 1v1 (x64).

Ok, that makes more sense. The name was very misleading. When I see free-for-all I think that everyone just picks who they battle and goes from there.

Like every single other tournament ever held in PokeMMO. Why would they change the system and not explain exactly how it would work?

I don't know what your problem with this is, I honestly can't tell.

Wobba

Btw, why lvl 10? This way we will have only a little group of usable pokes ( Snorlax and pokes without evolution / Scizor and pokes that evolve with happiness/stones/trade ), the others will be NFE and honestly...there are only a few of them that can really be a threat to the others ( still, there are some that might be interesting choices )

That said Haxsparce Master Race

Wobba

Btw, why lvl 10? This way we will have only a little group of usable pokes ( Snorlax and pokes without evolution / Scizor and pokes that evolve with happiness/stones/trade ), the others will be NFE and honestly...there are only a few of them that can really be a threat to the others ( still, there are some that might be interesting choices )

That said Haxsparce Master Race

Wobbuffet can't be level 10.

Also, inb4 blissey vs blissey level 10 super deathmatches.

It can be. If you breed Wobbuffets without lax incense you get Wobbu instead of Wynaut.

Also Blisseys incoming.

[spoiler]You guys should probably ban some stuff[/spoiler]

iirc to get Wynaut you need to breed 2 wobba with Lax Incense, so if you don't use lax incense you should be able to get a lvl 10 wobba, but I may be missing something

It can be. If you breed Wobbuffets without lax incense you get Wobbu instead of Wynaut.

Also Blisseys incoming.

[spoiler]You guys should probably ban some stuff[/spoiler]

Oh right, the Incense things. However, if you do that, Wobbuffet gets Destiny Bond/Counter/Mirror Coat/Safeguard for it's moveset, meaning it's impossible to get Encore or Charm, Wynaut moves.

Without Encore/Charm, as the other guy said, Wobbuffet is just setup bait for Curselax and really anything else with setup moves. Wobbuffet is slow, so toxicing it first turn is trivial, since it won't Safeguard in time. Hell, one of it's 4 moves, Destiny Bond, is useless.

The only thing Wobbuffet is a threat to is stupid people who are running all out offense.

[spoiler]but please god no wobbuffet vs wobbuffet battles[/spoiler]

Oh right, the Incense things. However, if you do that, Wobbuffet gets Destiny Bond/Counter/Mirror Coat/Safeguard for it's moveset, meaning it's impossible to get Encore or Charm, Wynaut moves.

Without Encore/Charm, as the other guy said, Wobbuffet is just setup bait for Curselax and really anything else with setup moves. Wobbuffet is slow, so toxicing it first turn is trivial, since it won't Safeguard in time. Hell, one of it's 4 moves, Destiny Bond, is useless.

The only thing Wobbuffet is a threat to is stupid people who are running all out offense.

I knew I was missing something, it's true, wobba with only its 4 standard moves it'll be probably useless in the majority of battles

We can only pray

encore pls.