PokeMMO Stories: How you became known

EricTheGreat

Post your PokeMMO life here. Here is mine.

Inspired by AaronAaron

I played casually, starting in October. I beat the elite 4, which I thought was the only goal for Pokemon, man was I wrong. I watched some battles in Viridian and saw the Pokemon which were used most. I then went on my way to getting a Crobat and Scizor, which I scammed for, the way I did get them is sad, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I then made a Slowbro and went and battled in Viridian. I got 3-0ed every single time. Like AaronAaron I my goal was to join VVVV, since I just thought they were cool. I tried out and I was denied for being so shitty. Then I talked to a guy called YokoKurama, or UberTrev now. He invited me into team RAIN. Shortly after I joined, everyone left. I then tried out for EV right when it was founded, which I was accepted into. I stayed in EV for a while, just chilling and battling in Viridian. Then I played in the VVVV Doubles tournament, and got second to Rigamorty, using my famous explosions. A day later I was told I could join VVVV any time I would like, which I declined, since I had another team in mind, the most alpha team in PokeMMO. [MISC]. I then was asked to join MISC by AestheticsBrah, biggest alphamale on the server. So I just ditched EV (sorry m8s) and joined MISC. The end.

Praise me.

Calling everyone a faggot.
Advertising Qwilfish.
Making lists nobody likes or appreciates because you are all terrible people unknown reasons.
Wasting my time on Global.
Arguing for no reason on the forums.
[spoiler]I forgot the rest.[spoiler]BECAUSE I'M SENILE GET IT[/spoiler][/spoiler]

arent you the guy who would just come to tournaments and stand where you werent supposed to saying weird stuff?

I hyperactively posted on the forums

This. Almost at 3000 posts which is less then some people but still too many.

I also disliked a few people on the forum, looking back on it now I understand them and probably seemed like a naive new player.

EDIT (long version with moar stuff):

When I started this game it was literally just fire red online. I didn't see the point in it much and barely played at all. When it was announced you could finally get to the E4 I was still at the 5th gym. Despite not enjoying the game much at that time I didn't want to get left behind so I stormed through the last 3 gyms just to finish the game. After that I went back to playing other games again. I was however very interested in the forums. The only other forum I'd been on before was a minecraft servers full of a much younger audience. I slowly racked up posts (mostly shit at that time) and became aware there was a competitive scene here. I had just started WiFi battles on Pokemon black and a half implemented meta game didn't seem particularly fun. I tried it out though and found it enjoyable. I had a poorly made team and lost more then I won but it was a decent way to pass the time. Since I joined the forum I also began looking at teams. I considered moon light Santana for a while but changed my mind to Sayounara (rip). I intentionally joined that team to stay out of competitive play but when a team tourney popped out a short while after I joined I couldn't help myself. The only one in the team who knew anything about competitive play then was MilesCarnage so we lost. In Febuary or around then I got made temporary leader of Sayounara for some reason when Squall took a month leave. When Squall returned he asked me to duel this person named ThinkNice who was interested in joining Sayounara. I think we were both nubs back then but I beat him which is one of the fews time I'll ever be able to say that. In April Sayounara joined the team tourney and managed to win as underdogs claiming victory against WISH, LEM, DD (previous champs) and beating TWL in the finals. I didn't play any matches myself but I took the win and enjoyed it. I haven't done well in the competitive scene but I think I am known enough just from the forum spam.

Joined back in mid-September when I saw a video on Youtube about the game. A day or two after joining, I saw a the Safari tournament advertized on the forums and watched most of it on Plizard's stream. I already had a history of competitive Pokemon as I had gotten into the Gen V. meta and instantly started EV training Pokemon after I beat the E4. I tried out for a team named Team BoltBeam and got accepted in due to my experience in competitive battling. Shortly after, I entered the Fall Opener tournament and beat Unreal, the winner of the Safari Tournament, round 1. I continued to play in various tournaments including BlockByBlock's Friday Night Fight Clubs and VVVV's tournaments. Around January, I was recruited to Team Wailord along with some others (I think it was Plague and Hemlock). From there on out, I continued to make my presence known in tournaments as well as dick around with my fellow Wailords on the forums.

I talked a lot on ch 2, then posted a lot on the forums, then became a CM and talked a lot in global and spammed the support forum.

I just liked seeing my avatar on the forums when i started.

[spoiler]eevee.gif[/spoiler]

not a lot Elk but MUCH more than most staff.

I came into spotlight when I said I could make a trailer without entering the contest then Skazord and Dahaka shat on me. What I forgot to mention was that on YouTube I had contacts which generate funds from gaming videos. This way say a video reaches 190k views the CPM for that in return would be more than $100 in money back.

I started back on January first of this year, joined a team named "Team Elite" made a few friends where we did an EV Training Business together which lasted for quite a while, which is where I originally started to get my name out.

I had annoyed Rigamorty a few times to join VVVV, and one day he randomly messaged me; "leave your team, I'll invite you." So I did so, and that's how I started in VVVV.

[spoiler]I sometimes think theydidn't initially take me in for my dueling skills. To be honest, I was damn horrible. [/spoiler]

So I then had stopped doing my EV Service, I said to the team I wanted to be a comp dueler over a 2 months time until they finally made me get up and actually do something about it. I progressively got better at comps, found out that I am much better at the UU Tier then OU, and found my love for UU.

Once I started dueling within the team, I got spanked around by Riga a fair bit, then Malp (the god) came on and started giving me advice and got me motivated to do more towards competitives. After he died out (rip malpi) Riga took his spot and helped me once again, basically all in all, you could say Rigamorty was my personal trainer and comp advisor.

I had also gotten interested in Shiny Trading (especially the blue ones) which got me known for being the "blue shiny collector" then after Shiny Trading started being boring and useless I went back to comps. Started dueling and practicing more, and eventually got better. 

After a while I got tired of comps, but never really stopped I started hosting tons and I mean tons of tournaments unofficially for PokeMMO Community, where I gave out prizes earned myself to others. (yay me) That got me known as the tournament guy, or whatever you wanna call it.

After a while I decided I'd like to be CM, so I went after it some players had even put in there signatures "Archinix4CM2013" and members making posts on why I should become a staff member, and eventually I became a CM, I think I did quite well with being a CM (if I may say so myself) I have started hosting a fair amount of official tournaments, and after a month of being CM I was promoted to Global Mod.

I think I'm pretty well known around here, oh, and I'm also known as a Delibird freak. 

I also have literally a collage of Delibird images, signatures made by others whether them being amazing or just being made to tease me that I still don't own a Shiny Delibird and that I may not ever get one.

I think that's all.

[spoiler]A fair amount of these have VVVV mentioned. VVVV #1. VVVV4Lyfe<3[/spoiler]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.