Question

Here is my idea, well....actually, an idea I first saw in Guild Wars, then World of Warcraft.

Achievement Points for various feats completed (they are called many things in many games).

Here are some examples:

[spoiler]

"I choose you!"  (Received a starter Pokemon from Professor Oak)

"Monster in my pocket." (Caught your first Wild Pokemon) 

"I'm the CHAMP...oh, wait..." (Beat the Elite Four)

"NOW I'm the Champ!" (Beat your Rival at Indigo Plateau)

"Time is money, friend!" (1 million Pokedollars earned over the character's 'lifetime')

"My apartment smells of rich mahogany." (500 achievement points)

"I have many leather bound books..." (1.000 achievement points)

"It's over 9,000!" (obtain more than 9.000 achievement points)

"I didn't even have to use the sprinklers!!!" (Defeat Brock)

"Pulling an all nighter. Or two." (1000+ hours on a single character)

"Gotta Catch 'Em All?" (Caught 151 Pokemon)

"Gotta Catch 'Em All?...again." (Caught 251 Pokemon)

"Gotta Catch 'Em All?...a third time." (Caught 386 Pokemon)

"FINALLY!" (Hatch your first Egg)

"I knew it wasn't Mew!" (Found the Lava Cookie by the SS Anne)

[/spoiler]

These would be purely "cosmetic" and NOT able to be used for anything that would in any way benefit you in PVP or PVE. Maybe some vanity items or titles would be tied to the completion of (a) certain, difficult achievement(s).Not trading the points in for things. Simply for bragging rights and something to do outside of preparing for the next tourney or whatever.

Please be aware of the fact that the preceding list of possible Achievements would NOT be the final list. Just a small list of what I thought of, or remembered from some other game. The list could be 10,000 times larger! 

Be sure to "Like this" if you support it! Thanks!

support. just gives me something to do besides go afk while waiting for eggs to come by, for a while at least

edit: Also, if possible, I'd suggest having them rotate on like a weekly or so basis with older achievements rotating by, along with a couple new ones being added each time.

edit: Also, if possible, I'd suggest having them rotate on like a weekly or so basis with older achievements rotating by, along with a couple new ones being added each time.

I don't quite get what this means...."rotate?"

Here's a slightly better description: 

It's a large list of feats to do, players don't see them until they get them. Not like "Feat of the week." 

Heck, even winning an Official Tournament/Event could come with: "Officially a winner." (Won an Official Event)

Better Suggestion:

30-40 "Achievements". Ranging from easy to highly difficult.

On each player's Trainer Card instead of the back being blank (since we can't "sign" them) you choose which of the Achievements you want to display on it. Allow for other people to right click your sprite, view your Trainer Card and see what Achievement you're most proud of and display.

On top of that, every 5-10 Achievements your Trainer Card increases in "Title". From Beginner to Pro.

Better Suggestion:

On each player's Trainer Card instead of the back being blank (since we can't "sign" them) you choose which of the Achievements you want to display on it. Allow for other people to right click your sprite, view your Trainer Card and see what Achievement you're most proud of and display.

On top of that, every 5-10 Achievements your Trainer Card increases in "Title". From Beginner to Pro.

All the achievements should be viewable to other players. It would probably have it's own window. Even have lil icon on the left for the achievement, with one on the right for the point value. Since some are more difficult they should be worth more points. For sure. 30-40 is a verrrrry low number. Shoot, I thought of 100 sitting here. :) The trainer card could display your total Achievement Points, which could be a link to the Achievement window for said player, or accessed through the right click menu. 

Meta-Achievements would be cool. A Meta-Achievement would consist of completing a list of achievements, and getting a cool vanity item (or w/e) or title as a reward. NOTHING that would help you in any way with competitive play in any way could be received through this.

I don't quite get what this means...."rotate?"

Here's a slightly better description: 

It's a large list of feats to do, players don't see them until they get them. Not like "Feat of the week." 

Heck, even winning an Official Tournament/Event could come with: "Officially a winner." (Won an Official Event)

As in some of the achievements are replaced with newer ones and they come return eventually, replacing others.

As in some of the achievements are replaced with newer ones and they come return eventually, replacing others.

Like, you can only earn an achievement while it is on some "list", then you can't get it? I don't like this for all of the achievements. While some may only be obtainable for short periods of time, let's say logging in on Halloween or something,  sure. But these would be worth 0 points and would only be on the list. Maybe other holiday related achievements that can be worked toward every year. But I rather like the idea of having this big list of cool, maybe some are totally silly, things to do in the game. Adds a lil' spice :D

"It's over 9,000!" (9.000 achievement points)

Surely it should be over 9,000 points you have to get...

"I knew it wasn't Mew!" (Found the Lava Cookie by the SS Anne)

What about the people who didn't get it when they could?

You realize you have 3 characters per account? And, if you miss it, I guess that's just too bad. It is an Achievement for a reason. Many games have achievements at the very beginning of a game that you cannot get back to. Champions Online comes to mind when I think of things like that....

Sure, okay, 9001 achievement points. How about "Accumulate 9001 or more achievement points"?

"My apartment smells of rich mahogany." (500 achievement points)

"I have many leather bound books..." (1.000 achievement points)

These are just straight out ripped from Gilworz. :)
But I like it. Still best online experience I've ever had.

Glad you noticed :D

I support this idea.

Gives me more to do in game and more goals after I knocked off all Xbox achievements in Fallout.

Also like the idea nice funny names or quoting the Pokémon series.

Fallout ftw. Have you seen the Nuka Cola Break series? :P

Full support. I've always been much more of a quester/achiever/collector than grinder in MMOs.

I don't like the rotating idea. It's fine to add new achievements regularly, but all achievements should be available at all times as long as you're able to complete them. Achievements shouldn't disappear.

Better Suggestion:

Agreed!

Not sure about displaying just one achievement of your choice, or all of them. Butt this is the way it works in black/white 2 and so it should be fine.

Another system I like is in maplestory, where you'd get "medals" with certain titles for achievements. You could equip them and they'd display below your username and guild.

And when you right-click on that character, you have access to his full list of medals.

So it can be a mix of both.

I don't like the rotating idea. It's fine to add new achievements regularly, but all achievements should be available at all times as long as you're able to complete them. Achievements shouldn't disappear.

Another system I like is in maplestory, where you'd get "medals" with certain titles for achievements. You could equip them and they'd display below your username and guild.

And when you right-click on that character, you have access to his full list of medals.

So it can be a mix of both.

Such a thing is (sort of) in WoW. That is just a logical extension of it :D. In World of Warcraft, you got a vanity pet for having 100 vanity pets. Champions Online has these things called "perks". These Perks give you a title for every single one you earn, similar to the Perk name. Some Perks and Achievements in both WoW and Champions could score you cool Vanity Items and other stuff, too!

Nah, tired of this achievement madness in Steam, Xbox live and others. They are stupid, senseless and add literally nothing to the experience, if anything they break the immersion.

Then you can choose not to pursue any of the achievements.