Question

Here is my idea, well....actually, an idea I first saw in Guild Wars, then World of Warcraft.

Achievement Points for various feats completed (they are called many things in many games).

Here are some examples:

[spoiler]

"I choose you!"  (Received a starter Pokemon from Professor Oak)

"Monster in my pocket." (Caught your first Wild Pokemon) 

"I'm the CHAMP...oh, wait..." (Beat the Elite Four)

"NOW I'm the Champ!" (Beat your Rival at Indigo Plateau)

"Time is money, friend!" (1 million Pokedollars earned over the character's 'lifetime')

"My apartment smells of rich mahogany." (500 achievement points)

"I have many leather bound books..." (1.000 achievement points)

"It's over 9,000!" (obtain more than 9.000 achievement points)

"I didn't even have to use the sprinklers!!!" (Defeat Brock)

"Pulling an all nighter. Or two." (1000+ hours on a single character)

"Gotta Catch 'Em All?" (Caught 151 Pokemon)

"Gotta Catch 'Em All?...again." (Caught 251 Pokemon)

"Gotta Catch 'Em All?...a third time." (Caught 386 Pokemon)

"FINALLY!" (Hatch your first Egg)

"I knew it wasn't Mew!" (Found the Lava Cookie by the SS Anne)

[/spoiler]

These would be purely "cosmetic" and NOT able to be used for anything that would in any way benefit you in PVP or PVE. Maybe some vanity items or titles would be tied to the completion of (a) certain, difficult achievement(s).Not trading the points in for things. Simply for bragging rights and something to do outside of preparing for the next tourney or whatever.

Please be aware of the fact that the preceding list of possible Achievements would NOT be the final list. Just a small list of what I thought of, or remembered from some other game. The list could be 10,000 times larger! 

Be sure to "Like this" if you support it! Thanks!

Told.

Anyway would there be achievements for all storyline things like finding Fuji or just Gyms and the Sevil gems?

I just thought that beating the first gym is a big deal. Maybe that doesn't make in to the list, maybe it does. I think certain things that could be skipped could be good candidates for Achievements, or the end of the storyline. Who knows. :P

Would people who have already completed the game need to start another character to gain achievements?

There would be some things, for example: time played on a character, Pokemon caught, beating the e4, that could be retroactively applied. I'm sure that certain bugs may arise if things are implemented into a game like this, and the Devs will do their best to try and fix them (of course).

If this had been suggested before I would have been informed that it had already been suggested, and this would be in Trash.. It is currently #345 on the Suggestion Box Table of contents. :)

Well i just informed you.. Check> https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/15212-achievement-system/#entry218845

In fact, i suggested something very similar to this a while back ago now, just with some other explanations exc. But in my head i had something similar to a Achi system that exists in WoW exc.
If you scroll down you will see Darkshades reply that it's already being planned.

I did also PM Darkshade after the thread-lock and i asked if he could unlock my thread just for people to reply what ideas they had for different Achievements to be earned within PokéMMO.
But he replied to me and said "the developers have set up a thread in the staff section in which we can give ideas on what would make good achievements, so for some reason it would seem they wish to keep it private"

And don't get the wrong idéa of me here. I totally support this suggestion.

Would people who have already completed the game need to start another character to gain achievements?

say we would have to get brock's badge for an achievement

we already have brock's badge

so we would automatically unlock the achievement. maybe it could be done this way.

or maybe it could be like xbox achievements and you'd have to play through the game again. i like the first idea better though, but the second idea makes more sense.

say we would have to get brock's badge for an achievement

we already have brock's badge

so we would automatically unlock the achievement. maybe it could be done this way.

or maybe it could be like xbox achievements and you'd have to play through the game again. i like the first idea better though, but the second idea makes more sense.

The game *could* retroactively give you an Achievement for getting Brock's badge, since it is on your trainer card. Perhaps some achievements would be "per character", like getting the Lava Cookie by the SS Anne, or getting a badge. While others, like "Get Donater Status" or "Created three characters on an account" would be "account-wide".

Also, this opens up the possibility for achievement based events. (Creating an achievement, or earning one from a certain event). Also think (if is hasn't been posted already) hidden feats of strength (like from WoW) that you only see once you unlock them.

Anyone thought of the idea that Achievement points couldbe spent here on the forums? Every time you get an achievement you get a certain amount of points, those points can be spent on things like Namechanges, special characters in topic titles, people could buy premade sigs from other users via achievement points?

Good for people who already use the forums because it enhances their experience

Good for people who don't because it's gonna bring more attention to the forums when they're in game and they're like "Hey what do you do with those AP" and people say "Go to the forums, you can get cool stuff!"

Idk

Am just gonna bump this shit up because it looks cool and still hasn't been locked.

And anyway, better than making a new thread.

But yeah. Support for this, it's a neat idea. No, buying anything with the actual Achievement points wouldn't be good, but having a feature in the form of achievements is a fun one for sure. Keeps players wanting to do more ingame than just afk. And well, it's been more than a year since there's been talks about this it seems, so yeah.

Edited by Spaintakula

I have a few ideas.

[spoiler]"Blasting off again!" -Defeated team rocket

"Frontier Genius" -Defeated the Frontier brains at the battle frontier

"The sky, the sea, and the land!" -Complete Hoenn storyline

"He was there, now he's not!" -Have Mewtwo

"It was a great time!" -Have Mewtwo for 5 minutes (excluding battle)

"A myth to legend?" -Have Mewtwo for 10 minutes

"A legendary story!" -Have Mewtwo for 15 minutes

"His name is Mewtwo!" -Have Mewtwo for 20 minutes+

"Is it real?" -Capture an OT shiny[/spoiler]

+1 I like the idea <3

I have a few ideas.

[spoiler]"Blasting off again!" -Defeated team rocket

"Frontier Genius" -Defeated the Frontier brains at the battle frontier

"The sky, the sea, and the land!" -Complete Hoenn storyline

"He was there, now he's not!" -Have Mewtwo

"It was a great time!" -Have Mewtwo for 5 minutes (excluding battle)

"A myth to legend?" -Have Mewtwo for 10 minutes

"A legendary story!" -Have Mewtwo for 15 minutes

"His name is Mewtwo!" -Have Mewtwo for 20 minutes+

"Is it real?" -Capture an OT shiny[/spoiler]

+1 I like the idea <3

I have another idea for an Archievment:

"It's over 9000" - AFK more than 9000 hours at Vermillion. (It will be platinum, for real).

Out of jokes, maybe a good idea tho is add for those archievments some showcase on trainer profiles (if someday a trainer profile will be implemented in game), and show the most rare archievments obtained by the trainer.

I actually really like this and was thinking about achievements and how much of a driving factor they are in a lot of MMO's, or even games in general, that I have played.  What kind of achievements could PokeMMO offer though, battle frontier opens up a few possibilities, eventual automated tournaments as well i suppose.

"You're getting the Hang of it" Afk for 1000 Hours

I don't support this idea at all.

I personnally hate that achievments point system..

It's only farm for farm for farm for farm for farm. xD Like you keep farming and it can be soooooo .. "time-eating". I know there isn't much to do IG, but what did you expect from Pokemon ? > <'

I experienced that in WoW for many years (I played it 4 years so x.x) and honestly I was so frustrated to not be able to accomplish certain achievments because I was more a solo player etc... And some were reputation farming and so one, it just began to be more and more pointless and started to depress me to be honest. xD

Achievments are everywhere now, it's so tiring.

Plus, achievments points would be another way to judge a player like : "Ehhh he's a noob he doesn't have many achievments points/that achievment !" Or, the contrary "WOAAAH he got so many achievments points, that guy is strong !" (No, that guy just doesn't have a life and keep farming everyday on the game XD)

I think the farm system in the game, even if it's very reduced to breeding and the Islands is still a good thing, 'cause you know that after you finished your breed, it's gonna be over, done, finito !xD In real MMO you're like : "OOOKAYYY ! I'm done with this ... Oh f*ck me, there's more ?! pfffff... *loose days and days of life*" (<--- and that's a true story XD)

Even if I can stay out of this system and not using it, I don't know, I'm not for it.

Sowwy. :( But it was a very good idea though huh ! But I don't think it would suit PokeMMO to be honest. :/

Edited by YunaSenpai

Yeah I know, but I think it's not a very good idea to put it in Pokemon. It's just my opinion. :/

It surely brings some challenge and most of all, something to do, but from personnal facts, I don't want to see this thing implemented in PokeMMO. xD

If it happens, well, too bad for me I guess xD (but the idea would have been implemented, so that would be a very good point for the devs)

I'll go play on FF14 and that's all. x')

Just my personnal opinion here, now I can vanish ! o 3o