[Implemented] Move: Taunt; gen V mechanics

I am not going to write a long story here. Taunt CAN be, one of the most useful (if not the useful) ways to deal with stall. And we all know right now, we need more ways to deal with stall. Well, what's wrong with Taunt in this gen? It simply SUCKS, it only lasts two turn, including the turn you use it. So essentially, one turn. THANK YOU GEN 3.

Taunt in gen 5 (I will not ask for the gen 4 mechanic cauz dat shit is just OP), lasts three turns, it may seem small but that one extra turn helps ALOT and can actually force switches. Unlike with the taunt mechanics we have right now. We can actually switch out now and Taunt would still be in effect.

We all know this is PokeMMO right? This is not gen 3 Pokémon FR/LG on our cartridge, we have gen 3-5 egg moves and tutors. Our meta will be different anyway so, why not give us a better competitive experience? Please give us more ways to deal with stall.

[spoiler]Gen 4 taunt is fine too, BY ALL MEANS[/spoiler]

I'm all for this. Prior to this I was convinced Taunt was 2-5 turns (having never used it before), but two turns including the turn on which it was used isn't worth it in enough situations for Taunt to be viable in a competitive sense (or as a metagame buster in many areas).

I'd say just wait for new gen mechanics to happen globally but I seem to recall a post saying if mechanics in a different gen were deemed better they sometimes used them?  If thats a lie then ignore this post and just wait for everything to switch.

I think fixing mean look pass should be the primary concern for the same purpose, since mean look pass itself is a gen 3 combination and does help to decimate the hated walls (which seems to be the major purpose of gen V taunt's proposal)

Whether or not forcing a gen V mechanic into gen III would be advantageous, depends on one's perspective. Some will definitely like it, while some might call foul since it isn't "natural" (but again, what is natural?)

I myself have no opinion, however am looking forward to the implementation of other "natural" method that is intended to deal with walls in gen III (choice band/mean look pass etc)

gen 4 is fine for replace some moves/ability functions, but 5 is to far, the mechanics are totally diferent, bad idea.

if some move/ablity seems to OP in gen 4, then better dont do nothing.

Well gen IV not V firstly and secondly we should have more stuff for fighting walls before I mean if you had a wall with taunt well

R.I.P Kabab

died because of bullshit

wrote in his own blood

because of bullshit

I don't see a lot of sense in updating a mechanic to an old version if it's not Gen III. If we're going to balance it, then set it to Gen V where it was most recently balanced.

GenV mechanics when we don't even have enough pokemon available to call ourselves "GenIII" is just nonsensical. Note that many of the mechanic changes in the later gens are to fit the more recent "metagame" and the newer pokes, newer moves.

GenV mechanics when we don't even have enough pokemon available to call ourselves "GenIII" is just nonsensical. Note that many of the mechanic changes in the later gens are to fit the more recent "metagame" and the newer pokes, newer moves.

I'm sure you can explain then how Taunt gen V would be 'not fitting' for this meta.

Gen V is the only gen I haven't played yet but from reading and experience (only E4 sadly this will be the 1st game I'll do competitively) Making taunt last one more turn(s) really improves it as it is an exponential growth the more turns it lasts ( noticed in gen 4) and how it is now is terrible, but with this improvement it would be great. 

• 3 weeks later...

GenV mechanics when we don't even have enough pokemon available to call ourselves "GenIII" is just nonsensical.

It's not nonsensical and the change to Taunt had little to do with the new 100 Pokemon or the new abilities. It was simply because Gen IV Taunt was bogus and needed a small nerf.

• 2 months later...

+1

I know this game is based on an older generation but if they update anything wouldn't it be logically updated to it's most current generation? I am new here so I dunno how they do things but that's generally how people do things. Either way I am all for Taunt being changed.

this kind of comment can't be an objection since you don't give precise examples.

personally I've always played in gen4 so I didn't even know that taunt lasted only 1 turn here, now I get why nobody uses it it's ridiculous ..

• 1 year later...