controller

Question

it's been suggested before (https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/5305-surrender-option/?hl=forfeit) but i'd like to present this idea again.

pros:

no extra time wasted in what seems like an unwinnable battle

no need to disconnect if something comes up irl that precludes you from finishing a battle that you started

potentially the text after a forfeit would read "[player that didn't forfeit] defeated [player that forfeited]!  so no potential draw.

cons:

potential forfeit button misclicks (could be avoided with an "are you sure?" text box)

people don't get to see their opponent's team be completely decimated (boohoo)

personally my big pain with this is that i play while i'm at work.  i play mostly friendly games and sometimes i'll have a customer come in i have to deal with for a few minutes.  that's not a long time by any means but it is in the context of a battle.  i'd rather forfeit then make my opponent wait for the afk button to appear.  i'd also rather forfeit than straight up disconnect because i don't want to have to log in again and potentially miss any team or whisper messages.  moreover, i have had painfully long battles that make me want to quit whether i think i can win or not.

i'm not a fan of the idea proposed in the previous thread of letting your opponent accept or reject your surrender.  if they chose to reject my surrender i'd just disconnect.

bumping this idea because enough good arguments for it already here

if an example is needed:

i'm challenging others while i only have 2 badges hoping to have some fun with someone similar level, but turns out some **** with level 100 Pokemon accepted the duel but keep switching Pokemon without attacking to waste my time ... well i dun want to alt f4 my game ...

1 minute ago, DumbBot said:

bumping this idea because enough good arguments for it already here

if an example is needed:

i'm challenging others while i only have 2 badges hoping to have some fun with someone similar level, but turns out some **** with level 100 Pokemon accepted the duel but keep switching Pokemon without attacking to waste my time ... well i dun want to alt f4 my game ...

you shouldn't have requested it at the 1st place then 

15 minutes ago, Acarus said:

you shouldn't have requested it at the 1st place then 

Why shouldn't I?

The **** could just simply reject it

And it is just a situation i came across and wish that i could have this command to save my time on other fun stuff.

Free feel to counter other arguments from others please.

Don't just tell people you shouldn't do something.

I would love this feature for the various reasons stated above. 

I can see it clearly now.

-if they log out of rage i can officially say RAGE QUIT lol.

-if they forfeited, I'd be like alright he gave up i get it.

Note- Whenever i quit a match, out of respect of the other I'm battling I'll always say gg you won. (Even if reason is hax,crit, or a bad miss.)

This can help bring a positive vibe to players who duel.

Something like good sportsmanship.

Edited by jerryzoo