[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

Just posting a reminder her for Nik to PM a member of staff (preferably myself or Pereiraa) about his prize and what he wants so we can get it to him as soon as possible! Congrats btw

Hey Noad, I had PM'd Pereiraa shortly after the tournament had gotten over, regarding my prize. I'll add you to the PM, and thank you :)

To my team, my family, and my friends of the past three years,

I've decided to make an emotionally charged post that may or may not be truthful in a week, but regardless, I think it's time I finally step away from this game. My brothers KingBowser and JSTUD are gone and I'm the last member of the OG3 around on the regular, grinding it out in the trenches. I've been in every invitational tournament that has been offered for the past three years; the Master's, the Underdog, the Spring OU Championship, the Summer UU Ball, the Fall Autumn League, and the Winter OU Showdown. I've won two of those and have earned my place as one of the best in this game. I've played through many great eras and seen many great players come and go. I've contributed a lot to this game both through tiering and in competitive alley, and I've gotten the privilege to be recognized by many. In the end though, my passion for this game just isn't there. The only tournaments I get hyped for are these invitational events and the team tournament. Everything else just involves me picking 6 random pokemon from my boxes that I think would be fun to run and have good synergy. I don't team build like I did before unless there is something on the line. I even have lost the passion to play in team tournaments themselves and rather enjoy seeing my teammates put in the real work and fight for our glory. You the best fam. 

Now I know I'm not the most liked player in this game. Honestly I used to care. Back in the day everyone hated KingBowser and because of that LYLE, and I was always trying to play peacekeeper between the community and our team. Over time though, it just didn't matter to me. A part of that was because of our success and because of how close of a bond my teammates and I developed. I didn't need adulation from the community, and I still don't now. Outside of LYLE, the players in this game have rubbed me raw in many ways. A lot of relationships I created early on dissolved and became somewhat meaningless. There are still a lot of players in this game I have a lot of respect for, and others that I think are just a bunch of whiny little uguues with inferiority complexes that rely on a game and pixels to wet their jimmies.

But without further ado, a few shout outs to the people outside of the team that I feel deserve such:

Frags. When I hit my peak in this game you were right there to beat me in three straight finals and prove that I still had a lot of work to do. Whenever we play it really takes a lot of effort on my part just to be competitive and I love every official match we've had, except all the bullshit RNG filled ones ofc. Regardless though, you're a beast in this game and I'd easily rank you alongside Bowser as the best to ever play this game.

DoctorPBC. I never really liked you much back in the day mostly because you were one uguuy fuck. I can recall one match where you rng'd me with a crit for the win and then told me it didn't matter because you were just outright better than me. I was a young player then and that sat with me for a long while. But like Frags, I have a ton of respect for your game and was really happy to see you come back to the game and have a bit of success. Keep on keepin' on. 

SpartacusGD. A  WISH uguu through and through, but still one of the freaking nicest guys I've ever met. In the PSL you proved time and time again to be an excellent teammate and someone that is willing to put your all into each and every match.

TheFireLion. You've really never done anything of substance in this game but present yourself as one of the most hardcore keyboard warriors I've ever seen, but still you're one hell of a hype man and because of this I enjoy our matches together, despite how rare they are. The self-proclaimed "LYLE Slayer".

To my fam, to LYLE, I just gotta say it's been one hell of a ride. I'll be online here and there. I'll probably even play a tournament or two. And heck, I'll even be online for team tournaments because that's the fucking glory. But my grind is done. My watch has ended. We've had a lot of members come through our team and with each group I was proud to call it LYLE. Ya'll are the reason I'll still log on and the lone reason I have all my success. 

LYLE #1, forever and always.

[spoiler] and to the rest of you fgts that can't handle me deleting you from my friends list, it's only because we never talk on the daily. It's nothing personal, at least it wasn't until a few of you decided to walk into my thread and bash my name. I can't have a friends list if I'm trying to quit. So I guess your posts are validated to an extent, but meh. Idgaf. [/spoiler]

And with that, it's done. 

=)

y u do dis? :(

To my team, my family, and my friends of the past three years,

I've decided to make an emotionally charged post that may or may not be truthful in a week, but regardless, I think it's time I finally step away from this game. My brothers KingBowser and JSTUD are gone and I'm the last member of the OG3 around on the regular, grinding it out in the trenches. I've been in every invitational tournament that has been offered for the past three years; the Master's, the Underdog, the Spring OU Championship, the Summer UU Ball, the Fall Autumn League, and the Winter OU Showdown. I've won two of those and have earned my place as one of the best in this game. I've played through many great eras and seen many great players come and go. I've contributed a lot to this game both through tiering and in competitive alley, and I've gotten the privilege to be recognized by many. In the end though, my passion for this game just isn't there. The only tournaments I get hyped for are these invitational events and the team tournament. Everything else just involves me picking 6 random pokemon from my boxes that I think would be fun to run and have good synergy. I don't team build like I did before unless there is something on the line. I even have lost the passion to play in team tournaments themselves and rather enjoy seeing my teammates put in the real work and fight for our glory. You the best fam. 

Now I know I'm not the most liked player in this game. Honestly I used to care. Back in the day everyone hated KingBowser and because of that LYLE, and I was always trying to play peacekeeper between the community and our team. Over time though, it just didn't matter to me. A part of that was because of our success and because of how close of a bond my teammates and I developed. I didn't need adulation from the community, and I still don't now. Outside of LYLE, the players in this game have rubbed me raw in many ways. A lot of relationships I created early on dissolved and became somewhat meaningless. There are still a lot of players in this game I have a lot of respect for, and others that I think are just a bunch of whiny little uguues with inferiority complexes that rely on a game and pixels to wet their jimmies.

But without further ado, a few shout outs to the people outside of the team that I feel deserve such:

Frags. When I hit my peak in this game you were right there to beat me in three straight finals and prove that I still had a lot of work to do. Whenever we play it really takes a lot of effort on my part just to be competitive and I love every official match we've had, except all the bullshit RNG filled ones ofc. Regardless though, you're a beast in this game and I'd easily rank you alongside Bowser as the best to ever play this game.

DoctorPBC. I never really liked you much back in the day mostly because you were one uguuy fuck. I can recall one match where you rng'd me with a crit for the win and then told me it didn't matter because you were just outright better than me. I was a young player then and that sat with me for a long while. But like Frags, I have a ton of respect for your game and was really happy to see you come back to the game and have a bit of success. Keep on keepin' on. 

SpartacusGD. A  WISH uguu through and through, but still one of the freaking nicest guys I've ever met. In the PSL you proved time and time again to be an excellent teammate and someone that is willing to put your all into each and every match.

TheFireLion. You've really never done anything of substance in this game but present yourself as one of the most hardcore keyboard warriors I've ever seen, but still you're one hell of a hype man and because of this I enjoy our matches together, despite how rare they are. The self-proclaimed "LYLE Slayer".

To my fam, to LYLE, I just gotta say it's been one hell of a ride. I'll be online here and there. I'll probably even play a tournament or two. And heck, I'll even be online for team tournaments because that's the fucking glory. But my grind is done. My watch has ended. We've had a lot of members come through our team and with each group I was proud to call it LYLE. Ya'll are the reason I'll still log on and the lone reason I have all my success. 

LYLE #1, forever and always.

[spoiler] and to the rest of you fgts that can't handle me deleting you from my friends list, it's only because we never talk on the daily. It's nothing personal, at least it wasn't until a few of you decided to walk into my thread and bash my name. I can't have a friends list if I'm trying to quit. So I guess your posts are validated to an extent, but meh. Idgaf. [/spoiler]

And with that, it's done. 

=)

Damn, goodbye mariachi fam

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.