[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

It feels like lump in my throat, when I swallow it slightly hurts. What condition do I have?

Well you could have anything from pharyngitis (simple inflammation of the throat) to mononucleosis to a life-threatening tumor. Anyhoos, sure you'll be fine, but time to investigate since you asked. 

How long have you had the sore throat? What other symptoms are you experiencing, for example fever, dry or productive cough (spitting up nasty stuff), neck swelling, nausea, vomiting, or shortness of breath? Did it start gradually or suddenly? Can you describe when/how it happened, for example did it start after eating?

JJ's advice for now: take a cough drop, pop about 600mg Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours, and drink a ton of water. It should pass after a couple days. 

Well you could have anything from pharyngitis (simple inflammation of the throat) to mononucleosis to a life-threatening tumor. Anyhoos, sure you'll be fine, but time to investigate since you asked. 

How long have you had the sore throat? What other symptoms are you experiencing, for example fever, dry or productive cough (spitting up nasty stuff), neck swelling, nausea, vomiting, or shortness of breath? Did it start gradually or suddenly? Can you describe when/how it happened, for example did it start after eating?

JJ's advice for now: take a cough drop, pop about 600mg Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours, and drink a ton of water. It should pass after a couple days. 

Well, a few hours ago.. When I swallowed it felt like there was a lump in my throat, also a very slight pain.. It felt like there was something stuck in my throat, although I didn't eat anything for hours before it happened. I drank water, and it stayed for ages.

I don't feel ill, none of the stuff you listed. It was very sudden, like it wasn't there.. then immediately it just came without even thinking about it. 

A few hours later, it seems to have gone down.. when I swallow now, I do still feel it slightly but it feels like its going very fast.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.