[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

10 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Well family, every year or so I have a moment where I think to myself, "It's time to quit this game." That time has come once more and here we are once again. I told myself that I only played this game for the competitive atmosphere and for the relationships that I've built along the way. Well, unfortunately I'm losing passion competing in this game and frankly I'm just losing. So the competitive aspect is gone. The relationships I've built, well I've burnt so many bridges it's hard to keep track. I kicked half of LYLE and have pissed off pretty much everyone outside the team as well. Despite my accolades, these salty bastards shit on my name and I have no reason to stick around to endure this crap. Hell, even staff reffing my matches have joined in on the fun.

screenshot_1501448974.png

So to a few of you, mad respect. To a few of you, fuck off. 

I'll be finishing off this PSL Season as Manager and after that, well you probably won't be seeing or hearing from me much at all.

I'll be selling my non-OT's off slowly over that period as well. So for you committed few, take a gander at my collection as they present themselves in the trade corner. 

=)

EDIT: Gotta finish up this doctorate so I can get more hoes and cash than Cathzuzerolini anyways

Related image

18 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Well family, every year or so I have a moment where I think to myself, "It's time to quit this game." That time has come once more and here we are once again. I told myself that I only played this game for the competitive atmosphere and for the relationships that I've built along the way. Well, unfortunately I'm losing passion competing in this game and frankly I'm just losing. So the competitive aspect is gone. The relationships I've built, well I've burnt so many bridges it's hard to keep track. I kicked half of LYLE and have pissed off pretty much everyone outside the team as well. Despite my accolades, these salty bastards shit on my name and I have no reason to stick around to endure this crap. Hell, even staff reffing my matches have joined in on the fun.

screenshot_1501448974.png

So to a few of you, mad respect. To a few of you, fuck off. 

I'll be finishing off this PSL Season as Manager and after that, well you probably won't be seeing or hearing from me much at all.

I'll be selling my non-OT's off slowly over that period as well. So for you committed few, take a gander at my collection as they present themselves in the trade corner. 

=)

EDIT: Gotta finish up this doctorate so I can get more hoes and cash than Cathzuzerolini anyways

tl;dr see you in a week

Gratz Nik, well deserved =)

Have to say I feel a bit bad for Joey regarding that macho brace mistake, but at least the Absol went to the team 

And Joey, take some advice from a guy whos been in the same situation as u for a long while. I dont have the time to play this game like I used to when I in my prime, and I would prob have quit all together a long time ago if it wasnt for the people I know and the team. Just take it as it goes, log in when u can and play some tournies here and there, dont have to "quit forever" =) Although I know it can be frustrating to be limited in ur gameplay by not having up to date pokes/beeing up to date with the meta, but superior skill will prevail.

And as to the pooped gm

Gosh JJ, I was expecting more congratulatory posts but you took all that attention away from me now, smh. Anyways super long post incoming:

I wasn't planning on playing the tour because I felt that it would be pointless to play it without much preparation. I was poor and thus couldn't breed a lot of stuff from my wishlist which really made me feel like not playing. But JJ convinced me to play because a bye in an 8 man tournament would be silly and it always takes a loss (the TT loss yesterday) to motivate you to finish strongly. So I was prepping for the tour yesterday. It was impossible to scout all of the participants and know what team they would use in a short span of time, so I stuck to deciding on what pokes would be ideal to run vs them and that worked out. 

I played JJ first round and I knew that he'd stick to offense so I brought a balance team. I got incredibly with the lead where it was my Scarf Absol vs Haunter. That gave JJ the break he needed to set up sun with Ninetales and my pokes kept fainting one by one and I thought I'd lose to a sun team. Luckily he was running macho brace on his exegg and my Qwilfish was faster than his and was able to paralyze him. That let my Slowking set up since I get two turns to CM - one with setting up sun and the other on the turn he solarbeams since it takes place after. I avoided getting crit and that paved my way to victory.

Vs Zebra I was going to run the same pokes that I wanted to vs Des because they have similar playstyle. I knew that Hitmonchan with 3 attacks would do work and it did. Instead of playing around synergy, which I feel is a bit overrated, I went with pairing it with pokes that help it maintain momentum like a Crawdaunt incase he had a Slowking and so on. I got a crucial def drop on his Quagsire with Crawdaunt and that let my CB Zor pursuit it to death. Zebra had a Azumarill that was super threatening but I managed to play around it and come out victorious. 

Against Blue, his main spinner is usually Armaldo, so running spikes + anti Armaldo seemed to be the way to go. I didn't want my team to be too defensive so Jovi told me that he is usually weak to Manec + Lapras. Lapras did majority of the work with a very important crit. I decided to add Scarf Absol in the end to my team because my team was terribly weak to Haunter with no switch ins, and so forcing it out means nothing if it can just come in again. Scarf Absol was super clutch and won it for me in the end. 

In the first finals' game, I assumed Blue would run stall after spectating his previous battle and I thought I'd run my "tech" as Toast calls it. The lead Aggron set is meant to lure the rock resist / bulky water type and let a pursuiter finish it off and support an Armaldo sweep. Despite all the RNG that was against me, I don't think it mattered so much because I didn't really have any way of actually beating Blue's team and I felt that the matchup was truly out of my hands. 

Moving on to the most important game, I wanted to run my psychic spam team that has been continuously successful. I wanted to run it in the previous game, but seeing as how Blue lead with Nidoking which is probably the perfect lead, I got the impression that he saw it coming. So I decided to fuse my psychic team with my sun team. It's not the most solid team defensively speaking, but offensively it seemed ideal. Vapo gave me some momentum early on until Cradily was revealed. Orb Exegg is probably one of the best wall breakers and puts so much pressure. Running Protect over Toxic is a really ingenious way of avoiding the 50/50 vs Pursuit users and that proved to be useful. Once I killed Swellow + Scizor, I thought it was a clear victory for me until Jynx was revealed. Once I switched in Slowking, which was an extremely bad switch in considering how the signal beam could have been easily coming since it was facing Exegg, I was extremely thankful that it had Specs and not Orb. Jynx applied most pressure but I always kept focusing on my long term game plan with a sunny sweep. Curse Cradily continued to be threatening to most teams that lack Scizor, but the spak boost to Vile helped me get a lucky break with Sludge Bomb critting several times and also when it most mattered when he killed my Vile and was left at 10% health or so. Finally when it was Jynx vs Slowking, I decided to keep attacking since I didn't want to lose any momentum. For those who don't know, I was CM Rest Talk Slowking, not Slack Off. So I knew that the moment I rest, my entire game falls into the hands of RNG of hitting Psychic through Sleep Talk because that gives Blue the opportunity to drum with Magmar and potentially sweep (depending on PP from Nidoqueen). When Magmar came in the end, I couldn't sack Slowking because if I brought out Nidoqueen, I'd still need to find a way to get in Victreebel safely vs Slowking. So saving Slowking there for a sack was the right play from my part and it was then victory for me.

With regards to shoutouts, there's a lot of people I need to thank and so I might forget a few names. First shoutouts will always go to my teammates for being there till the end and especially Kanzo for listening to Indian music during the game. Shoutout to Life and Jovi (mostly) for loaning me the Vapos + Exegg + Sciz which all played an important role. Thanks to the SASS guys like Toast, Coolio for their never ending support. Mnemo offered Indian music to help me chill out too haha. There was a GODS player called Biondicitoo who was super, super nice to me despite the fact that I rng'd him to death in an earlier qualifier and kept rooting for me. My AW amor enchanteur kept me going strong. All the VVVV guys had my back as well and I appreciate all of this so much. Thanks to the Aura guys for giving a competitive finals which I'm sure all of the spectators enjoyed. Credits to Mike + Bear for this mini series with an awesome prize.

Funny story, when I lost the Summer Ball qualifier to JJ a couple of years ago, I wanted to choose Shiny Absol over Zard mostly because I wanted to step away from the crowd as I've always been a non mainstream kind of guy. Now I can check that off of my list. Also last but not the least, choosing the soundtrack for your game is very important to set the right tone. This is what I was been listening to:

Edited by NikhilR
1 hour ago, NikhilR said:

Gosh JJ, I was expecting more congratulatory posts but you took all that attention away from me now, smh.

He always does that, it's so annoying tbh.

#Flexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LYLE #1 and all that shit.

Anyways Nik, you're like the coolest guy I ever knew in this game, one of the reasons I wanted to join LYLE was because you were in there and I admired you as a player. I remember being a complete random who would go to Silph to watch tournaments and watching you have deep runs in most of them, watching you play made me think "fuck this guy is so good", like I swear most players here throw 6 random shit together and call it a "team" but not you. You're one of those who put actual thought into good cores, shame you play gay stall most of the time tho xd. I then asked you if I could join your team, without knowing what the fuck a LYLE was and I think your reply was "You need to ask Bowser man". I was like who? Legit only person I knew from this team back then was you. I knew I'd join eventually and when I finally did (thanks Kizass), I got to learn a lot from you (especially in NU stuff). You were always ready to help whether it was practice matches or just telling me my builds made no sense haha. It's players like you that help a team stay relevant over the years tbh. I grew as a comp player thanks to you mostly and winning that PSL with you as my Captain was a very cool moment for me.

So why am I saying all this? Because before the tournament started I thought "I really hope Nik wins this" and now you know why.

Dw Dessy, if Nik lost you were my 2nd favorite to win it.

So again, congratulations man it was really really deserved.

Gotta agree with Life's post, the support is usually real. Gotta love when you're battling enchanteur in the losers bracket and @NikhilR is shouting at you in team chat with caps lock on trying to force coach me like "DES MAN YOU GOTTA LISTEN TO ME". Got to a point where i had to tell him to shut up and luckily he did because i get confused when i think i'm making the right play and your middle eastern teammate is telling you to do something else.

5 minutes ago, DestructX said:

Gotta agree with Life's post, the support is usually real. Gotta love when you're battling enchanteur in the losers bracket and @NikhilR is shouting at you in team chat with caps lock on trying to force coach me like "DES MAN YOU GOTTA LISTEN TO ME". Got to a point where i had to tell him to shut up and luckily he did because i get confused when i think i'm making the right play and your middle eastern teammate is telling you to do something else.

I miss having Nik scream at me during tourneys :(

" LIFE WHAT THE FUCK WHY SACK THAT "

" Doesn't matter because my last cleans lol "

" Oh ok "

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.