[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

Mandatory wall of text for whenever we win TT:

So in the beginning of the month with all that PSL shittalk, we've proved time and again that we're just too good. I've always been the kind of player who doesn't shittalk because then you're forced to live up to your end to prove what you say, or else you like an idiot. So whenever I saw Bowser or Joey claiming that we're gonna win the next TT or if you look a couple of pages back where Bowser said he'd post a selfie WHEN we win the TT, not IF, I was like shit the pressure is going to be real. Then once we reached finals of TT, I remembered Amcnda's words in the Best PVP player's thread where she said that LYLE can't beat AW when it matters, which made it even more necessary that we didn't lose because we had to prove that her comment was full of shit. 

I guess that's the one thing that separates me from my teammates, and that's that they have confidence in themselves and their teammates while most of my confidence is in my teammates. There were times like in my first round match where I thought I lost and I heard Raaidn saying he was definitely going to win his match and Bow said he was in a great position but then something went wrong and he lost. So all eyes were on me to pull us through. I had to make some plays to ensure we were going to win and it was hard to decide what moves to make because my opponent had kept one of his pokemon hidden until the end, so it was difficult to determine which pokemon to keep alive or not but luckily it all worked out. One of the best feelings in TT is to play without pressure because you know your teammates will carry you no matter what and that's what Bowser and Raaidn kept doing. 

Finally the finals came, I'm not sure what happened in Raaidn's match but he said he needed a crit in order to win it but he sadly didn't get that and lost. Bowser continued to maintain that record of not choking in finals and won against Eloy and again, all eyes were on me. When I was playing with giantpipe and I got to know his team, I was confident that I was going to win. But once I realized his Misdreavus set, I was in a world of shit because that thing was capable of sweeping me and thanks to some major rng, I was able to crit it and because of this he lost his cleric which allowed to weaken his pokes by spreading toxic around. I made a few mistakes in my match which thankfully wasn't that costly because he didn't capitalize on it but once he made his wrong move (switching in hypno into lapras), I was able to take advantage and seal the win. And winning the last match of the TT which matters the most, is an amazing fucking feeling. 

Lastly, there's a reason they call his the team tournament because it's more than just the 3 players who represent the team. Every single person in the team contributed to a win in some way or the other. I wouldn't have won my first match if Kanzo's Armaldo hadn't put enough pressure on my opponent to continue to sack pokes whenever I brought it out. KaynineQT kept giving me info about my opponent's teams and what particular plays they made so that I could get their mindset. Yangsam and Sweendog lent me their op hypnos when I didn't have time to finish mine. That 31hp/def hypno lived a +2 EQ from Pinsir with 4 hp, and it's at times like this you wonder if you had imperfect ivs, would you or would you not have lived. Eggroll, Qbeertje, yangsam, Artemiseta and several others gave Bowser a lot of practice and Bowser isn't the kind of person who is always looking forward to a duel, so you know he's dead serious about winning the TT if he's requesting duels from everyone. Shout out to Pinky for being there throughout and that last minute black belt I needed for counter. DoubleJ, showed up an hour before TT with some wise words to inspire us to win, Jonaz was there too and then Robo and Jose came on during the finals and helped out. Thanks for the help in the finals Robo. . Bloo was funny af during teamchat also, "Put me in coach" and all that normal shittalk during AW vs Aura . Don't think I forgot you Platoons, you were the first to volunteer to ev that Roselia for me and kept us going in TS by taking off the pressure with all that bitching. Sorry to make you starve during the finals, but I hope it was worth it haha. I'm sure Bel and Uncle were watching us from heavens. I honestly don't know if I've missed out on any of my teammates, but dw I'll just edit you in later.

Thanks to all those who showed us support in normal chat yesterday. There was a time when normat chat used to be filled with hate comments towards LYLE but yesterday's atmosphere was filled with positivity (not sure if real word). Shoutout to all the Aura guys who were with us during the finals (jay, 4fie, Dennis, dede, gunt, Ari etc. ). Dennis you should keep your uguu crossed more often :)

Anyways, this was TT through my eyes, I expect a wall of text from all of you. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.